slash says:

mynameisjonas

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great interview i agree. Was really shocked to hear him say that new Gn'R was a 'good' line up. I think he spent as much time chatting about Axl and Gn'R as he did about VR.

If you didn't catch it, here's the full thing, i recorded it from the web stream - hence the quality:

Right click, save target as.

Slash Interview - WMMR

:shades:

Rick.

x_Patience_x it was already put up last night^^

Goddamn, I've only been back at school one day and its already putting me behind on GNR news <_<:lol:

x patience x - please accept my apologies - that wasn't meant for you!

No problem. It's all water under the bridge :)

Okay I just listened to the recording and you can't really take much from it except that Slash did say it. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If it is released in March then surely we would hear something late January/ early February, right? I dunno, perhaps someone with more experience on the music industry could tell more about the process between the announcement and the release. I'd guess that an announcement would at least be done 2 months prior to the release though.

Owner Rick of mygnrforum. Awesome :laugh:

can someone post the interveiw?

my fuckin computers being gay and it wont open the link

It's already posted. go back a couple of pages and there are several links.

can you give me a page for example?

my computers slow and i dont wanna be goin through the entire thread for an hour

scroll up a little bit; its right there on page 23 :)

can someone post the interveiw?

my fuckin computers being gay and it wont open the link

It's already posted. go back a couple of pages and there are several links.

can you give me a page for example?

my computers slow and i dont wanna be goin through the entire thread for an hour

scroll up a little bit; its right there on page 23 :)

that link wont work for me.

my computer just leaves a blank white page and stops loading it.

is there a different link or can someone like copy n paste it to the thread or something?

Am I the only one seriously fucking confused???

don't be.....it's just a Slash fan fucking with your head....There is no interview!

LOL.

htgth.com

Mysteron:

Considering it's Jan, with no announcement immediately forthcoming in the next couple of weeks, I think you can discount March as an active option

How does he know there is no announcement forthcoming in the next couple of weeks?

Also note that Slash said "I think in March". That's going from madison's quote, I haven't actually heard the interview. So he's just going by memory. And how do we know he isn't referring to a single, rather than the full blown album? He mentions album, but it could be a mistake, or it could be bad information that he's got.

In any case, it's a good sign. It makes me hopeful and we'll just have to wait and see how accurate it ends up being.

htgth.com

Mysteron:

Considering it's Jan, with no announcement immediately forthcoming in the next couple of weeks, I think you can discount March as an active option

So, apparently Mysteron knows the future and when an actual announcement will be made. Ahh, that's nice to know. Not. It's like a 7 year old saying, "I know something you don't know," and then taunting people about it. Later on, that 7 year old becomes a dislikable loner.

You know, some of these responses from people who claim they know stuff just keep getting dumber and dumber. Yes, let's all discount March as an active option, considering it's not even our choice as to when the album will actually be out. Hell, let's discount May and June too since we have the powers to do that. I guess every tard that thinks they know something has to take a Merck mentality, just so we have no idea what in the blue hell they are talking about.

Edited by Zeppelin

So Slash thinks the new line-up is good?

Funny I recall him saying a year or so ago that Axl had "Fuckin' tainted" the GNR name with all these members.

Hmmm.

But if Slash is saying good words about Axl then all the more power to him, maybe he said the previous without actually checking them out?

as accurate as 2 months ago when Slash was asked if Ch-D will ever come out...his answer was...."Not before some (Baseball team) wins the World series!.... :rofl-lol:

so don't get your hopes high!...

Well, I still think that people will only bash Axl and Slash both for this comment that Slash made.

People will say negative things about Slash if March is wrong such as, "what the fuck does he know....he's in VR, etc." and people will bash Axl as they always do because he gets blamed regardless for every fucking thing.

So, I just hope that everyone on here takes this with a grain of salt because I honestly don't believe Slash has any inside knowledge into what Axl is doing with Guns n' Roses when Slash admitted in that interview that he and Axl have had NO positive communications or negative communications (DIRECTLY)....in other words, they haven't spoken to one another face to face in 10 Years....so you have to wonder how Slash got his info and exactly how accurate it really is. Slash says "I think in March". He also says he's been told many things.

Just don't bash Slash and don't bash Axl on this one. Everyone on here wants CD so badly, that this whole Slash thing is being read/intrepreted way out of context.

Axl still has said NOTHING and Axl is the one who is in charge of CD so just remember that.

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

as accurate as 2 months ago when Slash was asked if Ch-D will ever come out...his answer was...."Not before some (Baseball team) wins the World series!.... :rofl-lol:

so don't get your hopes high!...

Well, I still think that people will only bash Axl and Slash both for this comment that Slash made.

People will say negative things about Slash if March is wrong such as, "what the fuck does he know....he's in VR, etc." and people will bash Axl as they always do because he gets blamed regardless for every fucking thing.

So, I just hope that everyone on here takes this with a grain of salt because I honestly don't believe Slash has any inside knowledge into what Axl is doing with Guns n' Roses when Slash admitted in that interview that he and Axl have had NO positive communications or negative communications (DIRECTLY)....in other words, they haven't spoken to one another face to face in 10 Years....so you have to wonder how Slash got his info and exactly how accurate it really is. Slash says "I think in March". He also says he's been told many things.

Just don't bash Slash and don't bash Axl on this one. Everyone on here wants CD so badly, that this whole Slash thing is being read/intrepreted way out of context.

Axl still has said NOTHING and Axl is the one who is in charge of CD so just remember that.

Well your close to axl right....(know him)

Have you hear anything from ChiDem

The only way Axl can turn the media against Slash and duff is if Chinese Democracy is one hell of a album. So it really showes that they where holding Guns back.

Funny I recall him saying a year or so ago that Axl had "Fuckin' tainted" the GNR name with all these members.

Hmmm.

But if Slash is saying good words about Axl then all the more power to him, maybe he said the previous without actually checking them out?

Slash has contradicted himself MANY times when talking about the direction Axl has chosen to take Guns n' Roses.

I mean, watch BTM.

It is nice though that the ONE thing he can NEVER diss Axl on is Axl's performance or Axl as a performer. I mean, he can't do that and even he knows that.

I just think..and after hearing Slash talk in this interview..it seemed to me that he is curious to hear CD...but at the same time, in my opinion, I felt he was being too nice considering he has dissed Axl and the way Axl has chosen to steer GNR musically.

So maybe Slash is just really curious as to what CD will sound like so maybe he will better understand what direction Axl wanted to go in?

Slash said himself this Axl/Slash blame game is horseshit. He's over the breakup and has MOVED ON. Do you get that Funral? The guy has some nice fuckin words to say because he isnt bitter anymore. He may have been bitter a year ago, but he aint that way now. Thats what happens when you MOVE ON.

Face it why would he want to see Axl fail? If Axl fails, the guns n roses name is ruined forever and guess what Slash is part of the original lineup of Guns N Roses. He doesn't gain anything by Axl ruining what is considered on of the all time great rock n roll bands.

Slash has said time and again he wishes Axl the best of luck and is curious to hear what direction Axl wanted to go in with Chinese Democracy. He's curious because the fucking band broke up because Axl wanted to do something different. Obviously Slash wants to know what direction Axl wanted to go in that he felt was worth breaking up the band for. :rolleyes:

He said something about the name Guns N Roses being tarnished in an interview back in 2000. Nothing about the lineup.

Did he say something more recently about the new guys? I don't recall...

btw, good post as usual Sly :)

For all the darknemus fans who think he has inside information on Chinese Democracy this was said by him in September.

My guess: March 28, 2006

Let the theories/rumours begin :P

Oh and by the way, I am not taking a pop at darknemus' integrity, I think he is a great member and a good asset to the forum but I just thought I might add some fuel to the fire for fun :)

For all the darknemus fans who think he has inside information on Chinese Democracy this was said by him in September.
My guess: March 28, 2006

Let the theories/rumours begin :P

Oh and by the way, I am not taking a pop at darknemus' integrity, I think he is a great member and a good asset to the forum but I just thought I might add some fuel to the fire for fun :)

In case anyone is interested... I've recently been touting the date: May 15, 2006 (UK) - May 16, 2006 (US).

It's a bit of educated speculation. :D

March ain't gonna happen for the exact reasons Mysteron gave (whether you believe he is an insider or not his argument makes sense - January is a dead time to be doing anything in the music business whether that be announce an album or release one).