The 80's Era

*ParadiseCityGirl*

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, it will go in a cycle, each will become mainstream, metal didn't actually die till 1992, thank you Nirvana.

although it was funny, Nirvana are grunge (but they suck anyhow so who cares...)

erm i don't think it could happen again because nothing seems to stop this shitty rap & pop images every artist developes in adition to become famous. but let these 50 cent fanatics rot where they are.

i don't need ROCK/METAL to come back to the industry to assure me its the best there is. i am satisfied with what we already watched and heard back in the 70's-early 90's. you have got to admit- even if artists like Eminem and J.Lopez etc. sold more records than lets say Guns N'Roses- they have never "caught" as many titles and spotlights as our rock idols (hmm music stars arent idols for all of us- but thats an easy way to present the situation) used to.

Of course, it will go in a cycle, each will become mainstream, metal didn't actually die till 1992, thank you Nirvana.

Nirvana are grunge,not metal so how does the stopping of metal reflect on nirvana??

He's saying it lasted up until 92...and that's when Nirvana showed up and drenched the world with grunge ;)

That's probably the only reason I DONT like Nirvana :tongue2:

but didnt cobain kill himself in 92?

and you cant not like a band just becuase of there personal people its alll about the music,if there nice people thats justa little bonus :xmasssanta:

no, cobain was murdered in 94 sept 91 nevermind came out and fucked up real metal for a few years

Motley Crue seems to be doing just fine.

The 80's are what they are(were what they were). A lot of good music came out in the 80's, and a lot of bad music. But it was exciting. I look back at some of the music I purchased then, and wonder what the hell I was thinking. Now I listen to it, and realize its better than the majority of crap released today. JMO

Why do people clamor for the return of the 1980s? Let alone the worst junk from that decade. Instead of mentioning Michael Jackson and Queen, you people are getting excited about a return of hair metal. Just turn your TV off and load up on Warrant cds if you like it. The rest of us will advance in culture.

And if any era of music should be brought back to the forefront, it's definitely not "'80s hair metal glam punk hard heavy rock and roll sex drugs junk" or whatever it's called. It's called Tin Pan Alley.

I just want all this pop/rap/hip-hop to get out of here. It's been around for quite awhile now.I mean don't you think American culture is ready for a change?? I really do hope the 80's come back...actually they haven't even 'happened" for me yet, but that era definatley intrigues me :)

i hope so and btw my band has pretty much re-created rock n roll in my skool, all the teachers think its a bad idea for 13 year olds (like me) to be singing music that considers drugs and sex, but who gives a shit, rock n roll is the heart and soul of music, not some rap or hip hop shit

Edited by kingwillie

Why do people clamor for the return of the 1980s? Let alone the worst junk from that decade. Instead of mentioning Michael Jackson and Queen, you people are getting excited about a return of hair metal. Just turn your TV off and load up on Warrant cds if you like it. The rest of us will advance in culture.

And if any era of music should be brought back to the forefront, it's definitely not "'80s hair metal glam punk hard heavy rock and roll sex drugs junk" or whatever it's called. It's called Tin Pan Alley.

Calm down, let people like what they like.

No it wouldn't. It'd just a be a repeat of past times. We need to evolve culture, not try and slow it down.

You don't even know how to spell awesome, that's pretty bad.

You and your spelling tips Genesis :rolleyes:

Edited by Mama Kin

I don't want 80s hair metal to return, I don't even know why people consider it metal, it's pop. And to all the people saying how grunge killed hair "metal," I don't see how grunge killed metal, when in fact, it was way more metal that hair "metal."

Calm down, let people like what they like.

That's cool...except most of the people I mentioned don't. "Rap sucks and we need more 80s metal" is not an example of letting people like what they want to either.

I was watching "When Metal Ruled the World" on Vh1 last night and it was so awsome! I've seen it before but....Anyway:

Do you think the 80's era will come back? You know, 'sex drugs n' rockn'roll'.

I mean everyone was just living in the moment then and just goin all out and the music in the 80's(rock-wise) reflected that. If you've seen When METAL ruled the World then you know exactly what i'm talking about. rock3

Right now the world is dominated with rap and pop...everything seems so fake. Do you think the 80's will ever happen again?

There was just as much crap in the 80s as there is today. For every GnR there's Poison. For every Tesla there was Warrant. And that's just from the type of music I like. Remember... NKOTB, R&B, New Wave (like Depesch Mode)... they're no better than Limp Bizkit, Britney Spears and Blink 182.

Note: I am not an 80s hater. I'm just a realist in that if you want to find good music from an era, you have to look for it. Don't be nostalgic for the 80s... there's great stuff out there today under the pile of pop dung.