Is the Tokyo 92 dvd official?

cokekolev

I bought a 2 dvd set last year called Live Tokyo '92. It's the same footage as the Use Your Illusion DVDs, but i think the sound is a bit worse, I'm not sure though. It's distributed by FNM (Falcon Neue Medien), that's what the back of the cover says. This is the cover:

8f_1_b.JPG

Is this an official release or a pirate copy?

I also have the DVDs by Falcon Neue Medien (it's german and means "New media").

The artwork is also different from the original and both DVDs costed about 7 € together.

I think this is some kind of a bootleg.

Edited by Spoon87

The artwork is also different from the original and both DVDs costed about 7 € together.

Same here, I bought them in Belgium, in one of the biggest music chains, Free Record Shop, for 9 €, a while later they costed only 6 €. The originals cost 15 € a piece. Do you have both versions to compare? I bought UYI II on videotape and I I taped UYI I from tv, so I can't really compare 'cause my tapes are worn out.

Same here, I bought them in Belgium, in one of the biggest music chains, Free Record Shop, for 9 €, a while later they costed only 6 €. The originals cost 15 € a piece. Do you have both versions to compare? I bought UYI II on videotape and I I taped UYI I from tv, so I can't really compare 'cause my tapes are worn out.

Can't compare either because I just have the cheap ones ;)

I bought a 2 dvd set last year called Live Tokyo '92. It's the same footage as the Use Your Illusion DVDs, but i think the sound is a bit worse, I'm not sure though. It's distributed by FNM (Falcon Neue Medien), that's what the back of the cover says. This is the cover:

8f_1_b.JPG

Is this an official release or a pirate copy?

I also have this version and the original on vhs. The one you showing here is a bootleg. This dvd is a copy from the original vhs. The soundquality and the imagequality are the same as on the vhs.

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 4 2006, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YA that show was pay per view wasnt it? So anyone could make aversion of it...

no paris 1992 was pay per view there exists an unedited 2-22-1992 tokyo dome show that has all rants and is in correct order the officially released dvd/video has been moved out of order and doesnt have the whole4 show such as axl's rants

I recall Japan 1992 being a PPV show as well.

Ya thats what I taught, and there was one more from Brazil or someplace like that, but they released the Japan one cause people in europe and america wouldnt have it. Cause i doubt Axl would give them recordings, so they had to use something that was already out there...

Yeah, no extras, but I prefer to have something which at least a little of will go to the people who deserve it.

LOL, the original DVDs cost alltogether up to 40€ here in germany, I'd be very dumb if I'd pay so much when i can have them alltogether for 7€.

I don't care if someone non-related gets the money...

Edited by Spoon87

Guest Sweet_Emotion

i have both versions. and the 2disc one jumps alot whereas the official one doesnt. also the intro on the 2discer is better than the official one. its longer and has more scenes in it.

really i watch both of them. theyre good enough to be honest.