Less Slash

Guest Matt13

I wish all of the reunion people would stop throwing around rumors about the Illusion Era/Original lineup getting back together. Just because Axl talks cordially about Slash, says he talked to Izzy a little while ago, and Slash talks about when CD might be coming out, adds up to nothing more than guys acting civilized.

Axl hasn't worked with the new guys for the last 10 years just to drop everything to get back together with the old guys. They all clearly have different musical ideas and directions, and Axl is a VERY loyal guy to those that stick by him. He won't just slap Finck, Fortus, Tommy and Brain across the face and tell them 'thanks for all of the help, but see ya.'

It's just not realistic. VR has a new album coming out soon... looks like GNR might have CD coming out soon... and that is that. One off reunion? Maybe. But I think they all would agree that might jeopardize their current projects, GNR & VR, respectively.

So don't hold your breath... and please... instead of making new threads to talk about the same thing for some attention, stop doing it! Seems like 10 threads are all about Slash talking about CD and some sort of reunion. Pick one and post in it, don't make more.

Cripes.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I wish all of the reunion people would stop throwing around rumors about the Illusion Era/Original lineup getting back together. Just because Axl talks cordially about Slash, says he talked to Izzy a little while ago, and Slash talks about when CD might be coming out, adds up to nothing more than guys acting civilized.

Axl hasn't worked with the new guys for the last 10 years just to drop everything to get back together with the old guys. They all clearly have different musical ideas and directions, and Axl is a VERY loyal guy to those that stick by him. He won't just slap Finck, Fortus, Tommy and Brain across the face and tell them 'thanks for all of the help, but see ya.'

It's just not realistic. VR has a new album coming out soon... looks like GNR might have CD coming out soon... and that is that. One off reunion? Maybe. But I think they all would agree that might jeopardize their current projects, GNR & VR, respectively.

So don't hold your breath... and please... instead of making new threads to talk about the same thing for some attention, stop doing it! Seems like 10 threads are all about Slash talking about CD and some sort of reunion. Pick one and post in it, don't make more.

Cripes.

Would anyone be as anxious to hear Libertad or CD after a reunion? No.

Matt...I hear ya....

But I will say....the anticipation for a reunion completely dwarfs interest in either CD or libertad. The original band was a stadium band as clear channel said, a reunion would spike interest through the roof.

I'm just dying to hear those VR sessions with Izzy, the material that was supposed to be some of the best guns n roses stuff recorded. If only Axl could put some vocals on those songs....I think we'd have a frenzy on these forums..... :P

Cripes.

Yes, ME

FUCK THE REUNION, I want CD

^says the man who posted a new thread about a reunion. :P

ohh my ahahaha why didnt you post that on one of the threads instead of making a new one?

(haha for some reason im imagining the new gnr members going with vr and the oldies going back)

lmao i know it wont ever happen but for some reason its in my head :laugh:

ahaha think before you post :book:

James S.

Cripes.

Please, add that this is just your opinion...

I, for one, would like to in respect of the work done by all the musicians involved.

^says the man who posted a new thread about a reunion. :P

ohh my ahahaha why didnt you post that on one of the threads instead of making a new one?

(haha for some reason im imagining the new gnr members going with vr and the oldies going back)

lmao i know it wont ever happen but for some reason its in my head :laugh:

ahaha think before you post :book:

James S.

Hey, shithead, by posting in one of the dozen others it would get overlooked and not read by everyone that is interested in this whole debate. Perhaps YOU should think before you post. Go buy some common sense before you do.

Matt...I hear ya....

But I will say....the anticipation for a reunion completely dwarfs interest in either CD or libertad. The original band was a stadium band as clear channel said, a reunion would spike interest through the roof.

I'm just dying to hear those VR sessions with Izzy, the material that was supposed to be some of the best guns n roses stuff recorded. If only Axl could put some vocals on those songs....I think we'd have a frenzy on these forums..... :P

I see where you're coming from, Sly. However, some keywords in there... 'was'. Yes, GNR 'was' a stadium band back in the day. I can see them selling out stadiums in South America and maybe even parts of Europe, but I don't think the old band has the same clout today as it did then here in the states. At best they'd be as popular as Aerosmith, and they're not a stadium type band (they may be if they announced a 'farewell' tour however). Metallica used to be able to sell out stadiums too... don't think they could do that today, either.

Aren't we all dying to hear anything GNR related that nobody's ever heard:) Can you imagine Axl's music vault of GNR stuff?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Cripes.

Please, add that this is just your opinion...

I, for one, would like to in respect of the work done by all the musicians involved.

I would like to hear it all as well, but would I be as eager? No.

I think every single Guns fan is hopin for a reunion which is why the topic is always around. But really, its gonna be at least until Axl has finished his 3 album plan for the new band, which if the development of CD is anythin to go by, is a LONG LONG LONG way off yet.

So lets just enjoy VR and GNR here and now and when that reunion happens it happens, coz with more and more speculation, we're only gonna be more disappointed.

To be honest, I dont think "Everyone needs to stop talkin about reunions!!" threads such as this one helps.

Grimo.

Yeah I agree. I am definitely hopeful of a reunion.

However, I think it is definitely possible to stick Slash in the new line-up as the replacement for Buckethead.

Stick Slash back on Lead Guitar and have Robin and Richard playin rhythm with some lead parts. That would be really good in my opinion.

well slash could come back seeing in how they need a replacement for bucket head

i could see a place for him.

also axl did say that he wanted 4 guitarists so theres like a spot for izzy or gilby whoever you prefer.

duff..... i dont know i guess since axl adding these extra parts he could add one more bassists but thats just stupid so i guess stinson would have to go.

steven or matt could get in maybe if brain quit, which i could really see happening seeing in how he came as a pair with bucket head.

i agree that a full scale reunion is really hard to comprehend but it is still quite possible for at least some classic members to get back in there.

especially slash with the third guitarist being needed