GnR playing live in 2006

dobadog

I haven't heard anything on any of these "new" songs that a competent session guitar player couldn't handle. I'm sure Fortus could play those parts note for note. I highly doubt Finck could, though. From what I've heard so far, Buckethead in GnR was just another shredder - it sounds like they never really tapped into what he's all about.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck I can play all the parts on TWAT, not hard at all. The very end lick has a couple quick runs that I would have to practice more but I got very close to the sound on first run through using:

CAE OD-100 chn 2 with overdrive running a little verb from TC effects rack and a Strat plus running Bill Lawrence Humbucker in the bridge and a morley Tremonti power wah. Going through 2X12 with one Celestion Vintage 30 and one G12h30.

I have to listen to the solos in the other songs but who plays the one's in TWAT?

Listening, IRS...little fast for my hands but there are a TON of people that could play that.... anyway, my .02 cents

I haven't heard anything on any of these "new" songs that a competent session guitar player couldn't handle. I'm sure Fortus could play those parts note for note. I highly doubt Finck could, though. From what I've heard so far, Buckethead in GnR was just another shredder - it sounds like they never really tapped into what he's all about.

The voice of reason, thank you, sir. The only 'new' leaked song that BH is definitely on is IRS. I took the clip we got last year and dubbed it over this new clip in FCP and Garageband and the solo is exactly the same. So, it's gotta be BH? Right?

As for 'Better' and 'TWAT', there's no real indication that that work is BH. There's no shredding. In fact, TWAT sounds like it could be Slash's work. I know it's not, but it has that 'Slash Feel' to it. Blusey guitar. Fortus can EASILY pull off the guitar work in Better and TWAT, no doubt about it.

As for Finck, once again, no credit where credit is due. He's not your blusey guitar player, but he brings that industrial twist to the table that we all hear in these new songs. Just as important as anybody else if you ask me.

sorry ashole but newbies like you should get anal raped in a ally and get aids.

Intellegent, very intellegent...

I think you're just too dumb to get what I wanted to say:

Your Buckethead & Slash aren't the only guitar players that could play those solos or lead guitars.

There more no-name-guitar-players out there who would be able to play that stuff. It's not impossible, Axl just needed to pay any good musician for playing it (if Buckethead won't do it). Cause Slash won't comeback anyway... that's gone

They need only 2 guitarists. They didn't have a 3rd one when they were successful and they don't need one now. Just look at the live gigs: 70% of the time Buckethead's just standing around without any move or playing...

The voice of reason, thank you, sir. The only 'new' leaked song that BH is definitely on is IRS. I took the clip we got last year and dubbed it over this new clip in FCP and Garageband and the solo is exactly the same. So, it's gotta be BH? Right?

As for 'Better' and 'TWAT', there's no real indication that that work is BH. There's no shredding. In fact, TWAT sounds like it could be Slash's work. I know it's not, but it has that 'Slash Feel' to it. Blusey guitar. Fortus can EASILY pull off the guitar work in Better and TWAT, no doubt about it.

As for Finck, once again, no credit where credit is due. He's not your blusey guitar player, but he brings that industrial twist to the table that we all hear in these new songs. Just as important as anybody else if you ask me.

the twat solo is certainly bucket

as far as better goes, you know that mini solo that kicks so much ass? well, you can't sweep pick that high unless you have a giant custom guitar (like bucket)

If a new guitarist isnt anounced, it either means, the other guitarists are covering the material or, someone interesting may be part of the tour?????????

Why not announce a new guitarist if there is one??????? no reason not too.

Unless it was some "special guest"!

just a thought!

I'm going to draw another parallel between Axl and God in this one:

When facing strong adversity, Christians are sometimes told to simply "leave it in God's hands..." This means letting go of the internal struggles you face and trusting your faith in the god above...

well, here goes...

my struggle and worries are that there won't be anyone else that will be able to pull off the style and shredding like buckethead has on the tracks we've heard... however... I trust in Axl... I trust he will select the best replacement for him or perhaps not even select one at all- Ultimately, it is in my opinion that whatever happens will be even better than when Bucket was in the fold.

(sidenote* I don't really look to Axl as God almighty and don't actually think about things like what i've written above, frequently... it was just something funny i decided to add)

Guest Jack_the_ripper

who I would want to see back... Slash... but the suprise guitarist is probably EVH :rofl-lol:

why the hell would eddie van helen be in guns n roses :fuckyou:

hey moron, it was a joke.... spell halen right next time.

Was Buckethead playing on the leaked tracks?

Everytime I heard a solo on these leaked tracks I thought of Zeppelin. So Slash to me could come in and nail those solos. Izzy(plugged in?) could replace Fortus. Stinson/Duff - I think Stinson is the coolest new member but Duff was cool as well. The drumming on leaked tracks sound like a machine but Brain is better than Sorum. The sound has changed overall so I don't think any of old members could mesh in properly but it would be really cool if all these guys old and new turned up on tour and played in GNR. Paradise City without Slash isn't right.