Dont release TWAT

AbominableHoman

If someone has it, not leaking it is stupid. We're all going to buy the album regardless.

I thank Saint and whoever for sharing and let's continue that with the rest of the songs, they're only demos after all, and it's really spreading the word for the album to be mega successful.

You made the point!

I hope we will be able to hear the TWAT leak soon :)

so do i but then if CD is released soon why have a leak

agreed why have a leak of the track from CD and then a few days later CD? Pointless to me.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone has it, not leaking it is stupid. We're all going to buy the album regardless.

I thank Saint and whoever for sharing and let's continue that with the rest of the songs, they're only demos after all, and it's really spreading the word for the album to be mega successful.

You made the point!

I hope we will be able to hear the TWAT leak soon :)

Leaking TWAT isn't going to increase the successfulness of the album. It's going to downplay its release (it's arguably going to be a single), and make less of an impact when released.

This whole "link material on the internet to increase anticipation" crap is ridiculous.

People are going to be more excited about a songs "release" after they've heard it as many times as they like?

14 years of anticipation, and Axl & Co's work is going to make CD mega successful-- not some twerp releasing a bunch of demos...

What's to ruin? If it would ruin it for you to hear demo stuff then don't download it.

If you enjoy hearing them and, like me, will be buying an album if/when released anyway- then listen to what ever is available. You're not taking money out of anyone's pocket if your buying the album anyway. You're not ruining it for someone else as they don't have to download it. Your keeping your interest up in a band that has not released anything in a decade. I don't see the problem. Actually I would think that this was released on purpose anyway.

"Don't ruin it for me" indeed.....nobody is making you download clips.

What's to ruin? If it would ruin it for you to hear demo stuff then don't download it.

If you enjoy hearing them and, like me, will be buying an album if/when released anyway- then listen to what ever is available. You're not taking money out of anyone's pocket if your buying the album anyway. You're not ruining it for someone else as they don't have to download it. Your keeping your interest up in a band that has not released anything in a decade. I don't see the problem. Actually I would think that this was released on purpose anyway.

"Don't ruin it for me" indeed.....nobody is making you download clips.

Oh. Good logic. Axl should just leak all the big guns, and a couple more songs. It's cool, you'll buy the album anyawys. :rolleyes:

Record companys with decades of experience know the best way to release an album, and its material...not a bunch of impatient fans.

Better and IRS were cool, but anything else is going to kill the anticipation- especially T.W.A.T. Some of you guys are acting like a bunch of selfish, over-zealous pricks.

Edited by AbomanibleHoman

Yes, I would buy the album whether the whole thing was leaked or not. I don't think there are many "singles" fans here. And we don't have any word on whether CD is coming out or not, so why not enjoy music from our favorite artist, it's not selfish, it's just being human.

Yes, I would buy the album whether the whole thing was leaked or not. I don't think there are many "singles" fans here. And we don't have any word on whether CD is coming out or not, so why not enjoy music from our favorite artist, it's not selfish, it's just being human.

And I'd have to say, inherently, humans are pretty selfish.

We've waited (technically) about 14 years, a few more months isn't going to be too much of a wait- especially after we've already had a taste of CD/

AbomanibleHoman, It is good logic. If it bothers you don't listen if it doesn't bother you then listen to it. self responsibility. Also, I did not say that Axl should release all the 'Big guns', those are words you added. I don't think he should and yes I think these were leaked on purpose, even the freakin cut off point on Better is a planned teaser cut, this is like putting out a movie preview before the movie is actually out.

If these things didn't come out once in a while it would be harder for a band without a release in a decade to keep up interest (Diminishing returns and all)

I can only see this helping the release of an album. Publicity and all...

As for the new tunes, I like IRS and Better....not sure I like one over the other but it sounds like Gun's with a different edge and I think it's a great sound. Gives us more to discuss until we can actually buy the Album...er 'CD' (Don't want to date myself)

Axl has no one to blame but himself for this. If he'd gotten his shit together in 2002 and finished the album, this situation wouldn't exist.

And as for the hypocritical pricks who downloaded the leaks and are now complaining about leaks. This is for you. :fuckyou:

Axl has no one to blame but himself for this. If he'd gotten his shit together in 2002 and finished the album, this situation wouldn't exist.

And as for the hypocritical pricks who downloaded the leaks and are now complaining about leaks. This is for you. :fuckyou:

You don't know what the fucks been going on the last four years. You can't set a timeline on this type of shit.

You're logic blows.

Edited by AbomanibleHoman

i dont think its fair to the band thats why

this has been many years in the making, theyve put a lot of work in it and its not cool for someone to just come and leak it all like its nothing.

i have better and irs yes, thats 2 leaks, thats enough, i dont want to hear the whole album until its released.

after all the effort and time spent, for it to be leaked in a matter of minutes to hundreds of people round the world, is pretty shitty IMO

God, enough..It's not as though these are maxed and mastered album cuts...stop crying...Love to hear the moral declarations AFTER the tracks have been listened to, of course...For those who want to display their appreciation for GNR by not listening, there are other threads on the board...stop the impulse to constantly express your holier than thou viewpoint, and quit condemning people for listening to incomplete clips of 4-5 year old demos

Edited by oneway23

You don't know what the fucks been going on the last four years. You can't set a timeline on this type of shit.

You're logic blows.

Every other band on the planet can get an album finished. There is no excuse for taking so long to get it done. You can try to make excuses all day if you want, it just doesn't work.

You wrote two lines and had to edit it and you've still got a big ass mistake. It's "your" not "you're" :rolleyes:

God, enough..It's not as though these are maxed and mastered album cuts...stop crying...Love to hear the moral declarations AFTER the tracks have been listened to, of course...For those who want to display their appreciation for GNR by not listening, there are other threads on the board...stop the impulse to constantly express your holier than thou viewpoint, and quit condemning people for listening to incomplete clips of 4-5 year old demos

Holier then thou?

How about I'm not a selfish, over-zealous little prick?

These "demos" are the culmination of years of work, and probably aren't too far from what the final version will be like.

After the tracks have been listened to? Cool, we got a little taste of CD, I can live with that. But the fact is that TWAT is one the bigger songs. And would be a waste to be leaked onto the internet.

You're logic blows.

Every other band on the planet can get an album finished. There is no excuse for taking so long to get it done. You can try to make excuses all day if you want, it just doesn't work.

You wrote two lines and had to edit it and you've still got a big ass mistake. It's "your" not "you're" :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: It's 9am in the morning, you pathetic little grammar nazi. Dont be a geek.

"Every other band in the world". Guns N' Roses certainly isn't "every other band in the world", especially in this era of music.

No excuse? You don't even know whats been going on the last 5-6 years. Prick.