Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the deal."Better" is the first single which has been given to radio to debut this tuesday.I.R.S. is the b-side.They don't need to pay 3 months of promotion when they have had 10Years of FREE promotion,al they need is 3 or 4 weeks if that.

Here's the deal."Better" is the first single which has been given to radio to debut this tuesday.I.R.S. is the b-side.They don't need to pay 3 months of promotion when they have had 10Years of FREE promotion,al they need is 3 or 4 weeks if that.

how do you know a finished song has been handed over to radio?

You don't get it, eh?

The whole conspiracy is part of the hype. Imagine Management just officially drops some demos.

That is only half the fun.... half the effect. They want it to be a never solved quest, whether this

had been a wanted leak or not. (By the way, this is what attracts DJs as well)

And to get me right. I do not even claim, that this leaks are wanted by the Management or Geffen or hwom the fuck. But I am rather confident that the man himself and some people very close to him had been informed and had there hands on, in the one or other way.

See it this way: As for Axl, it is a Win-Win situation. Let the songs leak and then wait and see. If it shows up (in forums, radio etc.) that the people like the songs - well, get the dammed CD out. Otherwise move back into the rabit hole and hide for a further desperade period of time.

Just my thoughts and sorry for the english.

Edited by Mr. Brownstone

how do you know a finished song has been handed over to radio?

Because that's where the leaks are coming from

The most recent leaks are next to meaningless. These are just new recordings from the Trunk show. Furthermore, remember all the optimism and speculation that eminated from the original IRS release? That's what I'm feeling at the moment. It must be remembered that we still don't have any solid evidence of the release - and that includes any comments that Slash and Axl have made this year.

Edited by LloydBradbury

These could be from the Trunk show disc, although I've read a post which says Trunk confirmed that Better was NOT a track on that disc. I need to find a thead that goes into more detail about this (I'm a bit behind reading the forum).

Anyways, if that is true then I tend to think this was a deliberate leak...the damage is minimal since we already knew what IRS sounded like, and we've only got a minority of Better. Obviously if TWAT leaks then that might change my mind. But at this point I think this could all be deliberate, given that most signs point to a release in the near future. This seems all part of the marketing machine. This is early hype. Leak the song to the fanbase and get them all hyped. They are key because you want to make sure almost all of them buy the album. If radio plays IRS and it catches on, you get a lot of the mainsteam fans on board too. It's like you are trying to build a groundswell of support before the first marketing dollar is even spent. Then when the fans decide they are interested you start promotion and it's an easy sell because the interest is already there.

Just a theory.

Edited by KBear

Both good theories. I think it's one way, or the other. This was a total accident... somebody just leaking the tunes... or it has some kind of marketing ploy behind it with GNR management as the puppeteers.

IT SOUNDS GREAT!!!

thanks for that...

nice chours...

its really a hit!

the guitar solo is amazing!

rock3

Agustin.

PS: damn! i want the full version! it isn enough! 2:06 isnt enough! :(

Edited by Argentina Roses