Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Kickingthehabit.........I get it.I get exactly what you are saying.Although,I was unfortunate during the 80's, to be in my young teens(13 to 17)when AFD and Lies and UYI's were out,to go following them around.I unfortunately,missed out on this band live.Now I like some,would love for the reunion to happen.Not because I missed out on them live,but because that is what GN'R IS suppose to be.Not some damn joke.

Everyone keeps saying "the best thing in the last 5 yrs or so in music"..........I will say that ,yes music today sucks.No,I do not think this is the greatest,especially coming from a supposedly music genius.And yes,it could possibly be one of the few things to be heard in music,that is somewhat worth a shit.

Like I said in another thread,what happened to just going in and recording the music onto tape?I mean,even if you record it digitally,leave it the way it came out.Don't go fucking around with it so much adding all this different crap.If it is crap to begin with,don't try to sugar coat it by pushing some button to add a sound.If ya ain't got it,you ain't got it.And it is time to give up.

Yes,UYI's had sound effects,but at least they were cool.And they fit within the songs.But these two new songs make "My World" look good.

If you have followed this band from UZI and AFD,and I am not talking about just owning every album since then.I mean,actually being born and listening to these in that exact time period.This is not what this band is about.I am not saying,that the new record should sound like anything previously done with the old line-up.But this is not what Guns-N-Roses is about. It just isn't.Fool yourselves if you want to.This record might be the hype for awhile.But it is not by any means gonna crack open the universe.

Edited by SweetRose

I have a question for anyone who can answer. I'm not being a smartass, I honestly would like to know. Who ever said that this release was supposed to be 'groundbreaking' or 'change the face of music'. Who ever said this in the first place? Could someone please post the link where Axl claims that this album will be groundbreaking? I'm just wondering how that whole idea came to be in the first place. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ions

However, there's got to be something else they could do besides the drum-machine in the background. I realize this album might be a drastic departure from the old material, but the drum-machine? Let Brian do something else on the drums.

Keep in mind that this probably isn't the finished track..........

I have a question for anyone who can answer. I'm not being a smartass, I honestly would like to know. Who ever said that this release was supposed to be 'groundbreaking' or 'change the face of music'. Who ever said this in the first place? Could someone please post the link where Axl claims that this album will be groundbreaking? I'm just wondering how that whole idea came to be in the first place. Thanks in advance.

Anyone? - :rolleyes:

To be fair, the first time this leaked, didn't Merck/Sanctuary say that IRS wasn't one of the top songs slated to be on the album? or at least wasn't in the top ten of 'best' songs?

Is Better part of the "big guns" then? If Axl has better songs than these to come then all is good for the future! :)

Grimo.

However, there's got to be something else they could do besides the drum-machine in the background. I realize this album might be a drastic departure from the old material, but the drum-machine? Let Brian do something else on the drums.

Keep in mind that this probably isn't the finished track..........

Could be electronic drums on the album version. Tool's Danny Carey combines acoustic and electric drums in a similiar fashion.

To be fair, the first time this leaked, didn't Merck/Sanctuary say that IRS wasn't one of the top songs slated to be on the album? or at least wasn't in the top ten of 'best' songs?

Is Better part of the "big guns" then? If Axl has better songs than these to come then all is good for the future! :)

Grimo.

If IRS isn't going to be on the Chinese Democracy because Better is, that's ok with me-

'Better' kicks ass!! And if the other songs are supposed to kick more ass than this song,

Axl has nothing more to worry about and neither do we

am i the only ones that think these leaks suck? you guys are always talkin about hor axl going o change music again and blah blah blha, 10 years and 13million dollars and this is a hint of whats to come? Kelly clarkson has a catchier tune that this crap.

Sorry, are you genre confused?

Actually, these demos are not mind blowing. They are good but not mind blowing.

I think if we put this particular demos out there in the open with the rest, it'll fair good but...nothing mind blowing

I know we're all starved and we all like almost everything Axl puts out cause we like GNR, but that's a bias.

am i the only ones that think these leaks suck? you guys are always talkin about hor axl going o change music again and blah blah blha, 10 years and 13million dollars and this is a hint of whats to come? Kelly clarkson has a catchier tune that this crap.

I think these are good songs, but nowhere near as good as the kids on here are making out. It will be a very good album, but nothing mind altering i don't think.

The intro from irs is nicked from STP army ants by the way.

Your on the wrong forum I am sorry I cant point you towards any <insert any artist from UK or US top 10> forums

Edited by Cocaine Tongue

I think the songs are pretty good, but can agree they are nothing mind blowing. But who knows how many tweaks have been done since these were recorded. I just love knowing that Axl was actually doing something usefull and hearing him singing something new is a breath of fresh air, even if they are a few years old.