Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

Projected, you do know they are old demos and what that means?

If you've heard AFD and UYI demos you should know that the songs will sound very different once they've been finalized.

What does that has to do with anything?

FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD ON THE DEMOS i think better is crap. Should i like it just because on the album it will probably sound better? We're all listening to the same demos. Better demo is crap.

What if Axl recorded himself farting for 5 minutes and released it as a demo? Would you still like it because on the album it will probably sound better?

That's a relevant analogy. Way to prove your point. - :rolleyes:

Edited by Ions

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD ON THE DEMOS i think better is crap. Should i like it just because on the album it will probably sound better? We're all listening to the same demos. Better demo is crap.

ok, so you don't like it....so fucking what?

So I'm expressing my opinion... DUH!

You should keep adding the 'DUH!'s' at the end of each post. It makes it much easier to understand the context in which you're expressing your opinions. - :ph34r:

... you do know they are old demos and what that means?

The point these guys are trying to make to you Projected, is that the songs we're hearing now are just demos, and shouldn't be judged as the final material....

...even then, everyone here is just fucking happy that we finally got something from him....after all this time.

Sure, there will be those who won't like Better, even when it comes out...but one thing you cannot deny is that if Axl is playing in the NIN and Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit territory, he WILL EAT THEM FOR BREAKFAST...he has that much more god given talent than they all do combined!

Rewriting Apettite and Illusions would have been a failed maneouvre, and a cheap way out for him.....Axl Rose is an artist first and foremost, and a damn fine musician with a massive record conglomerate behind him all the way....i'm sure he knows more about music and trends than you do.

your opinion is respected, but next time try and be a bit more substantial...because right now you sound like a fucking brat!

Edited by elmir

Projected, you do know they are old demos and what that means?

If you've heard AFD and UYI demos you should know that the songs will sound very different once they've been finalized.

What if Axl recorded himself farting for 5 minutes and released it as a demo? Would you still like it because on the album it will probably sound better?

I agree with you (Not about "Better" though), just checking. It's just that a lot of people seem to forget that fact and don't take the demos for what they are.

Sure, there will be those who won't like Better, even when it comes out...but one thing you cannot deny is that if Axl is playing in the NIN and Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit territory, he WILL EAT THEM FOR BREAKFAST...he has that much more god given talent than they all do combined!

Rewriting Apettite and Illusions would have been a failed maneouvre, and a cheap way out for him.....Axl Rose is an artist first and foremost, and a damn fine musician with a massive record conglomerate behind him all the way....i'm sure he knows more about music and trends than you do.

Nice post, wholeheartedly agree.

BS

BS

Come off it, how can you not agree, it's the way it is...

Trent Reznor is already poking fun at Axl about his indus ambitions...

Progressive. No point living in the past, you have to move on. It's right what he said about it's better NOT to re-do the Illusions and live in the past. Axl is moving on, and if we don't like it we can leave, there will be plenty more that will!

Progressive. No point living in the past, you have to move on. It's right what he said about it's better NOT to re-do the Illusions and live in the past. Axl is moving on, and if we don't like it we can leave, there will be plenty more that will!

It's not about living in the past, it's about staying true without using gimmicks (indus crap).

It's not about living in the past, it's about staying true without using gimmicks (indus crap).

...Or leather chaps with the ass cut out. I know that made no sense, but I'm posting it anyway. Everybody else does it.

Doesn't 'staying true' sometimes involve evolving/expanding your interests? It's not just about rehashing the same shit.

Edited by Ions

I don't think it's a gimmick, I think it's just the natural way Axl is progressing his music. There's only a few songs with it in anyway, the others are as true as you say. I'm fine with what I've heard so far and I fully support it's direction. BUT at the end of the day, I'm still an old-school rocker and that will never die.

After the recent leak of IRS , then 1.20 of 'better' then 2.08 of 'better' then T.W.A.T. along with the longer version of T.W.A.T. and finally a "full" version of 'better' that seems to have a few people skeptical about some parts of the song that may have been added , there seems to be a common opinion that "prostitute' will leak next...

Where did this start? , was it the radio station claiming to have 'Prostitute'?. Who thinks we have more leaks on the way or if maybe we have heard them all for the time being.

Edited by GilesLavery

I first heard about it with that post regarding the radio station who claimed to have it , then someone posted lyrics , i thought however i may have missed something and was curious as to how the rumour developed,

I guess we will all find out in due time.

Personally i'd love to hear more music.

just because his new material is classified as Rock music doesn't mean that it has to be the same way it has always been....there's nothing worse than trying to copy yourself...lame.

what if he decided to put out a jazz album?

or a classical record?

or a gospel album?

would you be as pissed?

Edited by elmir

The only way Prostitute is going to leak is if someone has ripped the Eddie Trunk CD. The track was, apparentlty, NOT on the demo disc that Wes has / had.

I do, however, believe there's more than one copy of the famed Eddie Trunk disc out there, so its entirely possible that it does leak. Its just not coming from Wes's disc. (Also, we can't discount the possibility of a third disc or even more in the wild, especially at this point)

-darknemus