Merck Says Radio Stations Sent Cease & Desist Letters

madison

I contacted Merck to find out why some radio stations, such as WAAF, are playing at least one of the leaked tracks - IRS. I asked if GNR management had given them permission to do so.

He said no.

No quite the opposite. They have all stopped playing it as they are complying

with "cease and desist" letters.

So, if anybody is still hearing the track being played, please post the name of the radio station in this thread.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted Merck to find out why some radio stations, such as WAAF, are playing at least one of the leaked tracks - IRS. I asked if GNR management had given them permission to do so.

He said no.

No quite the opposite. They have all stopped playing it as they are complying

with "cease and desist" letters.

So, if anybody is still hearing the track being played, please post the name of the radio station in this thread.

It's like you said though madison, they've let it go on long enough to have the desired effect, assuming of course that it was all planned. So this is not an unexpected move either way.

If the leaks were not planned you'd expect them to act faster. Though to be fair, we don't know how quickly they actually acted. We only see the end result, not the entire process. They could have been furious and seeking legal advice and court orders etc. these past couple of days for all we know. This may not explain why there was a delay in requesting the board to remove the songs though.

:huh:

Since Merck is willing to talk can't he give us anything interesting? Something like:

"These songs are from a demo CD we made in 2002 and they're not close to the completed versions" or "These songs are from a demo CD we made two weeks ago and they're the CD versions without mixing and mastering" or anything like that.

Really, we have no idea where these come from... but I'm sure he does.

Oh, and god forbid he'd give us the status of the album... recording? looking for a guitarist? mixing? mastering?

Edited by Stardust

Since Merck is willing to talk can't he give us anything interesting? Something like:

"These songs are from a demo CD we made in 2002 and they're not close to the completed versions" or "These songs are from a demo CD we made two weeks ago and they're the CD versions without mixing and mastering" or anything like that.

Oh, and god forbid he'd give us the status of the album... recording? looking for a guitarist? mixing? mastering?

Exactly, well said...

So since Merck told Madison that he sent out a C&D order, that makes it official and mangement really did? :rolleyes: Just an idea...

I think if it was that important, Merck would tell us instead of waiting for us to talk to him

Edited by GNRrocks3

Yeah, you see, that would be too easy for Merck. Instead we have the same old shite. However, this time it's a definite "No" as opposed to, "It may or may not be true..." For fuck sakes, these supposed demos have received such incredible feedback from virtually everyone, and the latest news: "Yeah, cease and desist those stations... that's what we'll do." That's quite the juicy tidbit of information. Not.