Your take on the new songs in general....

kalahari

Silk Worms is the worst song ever written.

Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard

Thrown down in the gutter, it’s more than you deserve

Kneeling fucking virgin, you know that's what you are

Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd

What can I do?

With a bitch like you

You know that it’s true

All I have I ask of you I'll be dammed If it’s not true

A bitch like you

Get your head down in the sky

Fucking little schemer got yourself a broken heart

Syphilitic priestess, baby I know who you are

A parasitic demon sucking acid through your heart

What can I do?

With a bitch like you

You know that it’s true

A bitch like you

Copyright 2oo6 HereTodayGoneToHell.com

That's nice, but he didn't write it ;)

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silk Worms is the worst song ever written.

Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard

Thrown down in the gutter, it’s more than you deserve

Kneeling fucking virgin, you know that's what you are

Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd

What can I do?

With a bitch like you

You know that it’s true

A bitch like you

Get your head down in the sky

Fucking little schemer got yourself a broken heart

Syphilitic priestess, baby I know who you are

A parasitic demon sucking acid through your heart

What can I do?

With a bitch like you

You know that it’s true

A bitch like you

Copyright 2oo6 HereTodayGoneToHell.com

That's nice, but he didn't write it ;)

lucky for him

• 2 weeks later...

i have heard

Better

IRS

There was a time

catcher in the rye

silkworms

witch do you think has the best vocals in it

i made a mistake and put shadow of your love so i edited it SOOORRRRYYY

Edited by GNRfan001

better has the best vocals imo, followed by I.R.S.

i think that there was a time and catcher in the rye are a little weak by Axls standards

citr is weak cuz its a low quality demo but twat i think the vocals are just puched too far in the back but twat is my favorite

yep I agree with you guys Better has the best vocals by far rock3 , but do you guys think it was recorded recently :unsure: ???

Somewhere between 2002-2004. Just a guess.

I heard they were from Spring 2003...but then again, that's only speculation.

yep I agree with you guys Better has the best vocals by far rock3 , but do you guys think it was recorded recently :unsure: ???

Somewhere between 2002-2004. Just a guess.

well let's say that's the case, what's the most recently recorded song of the *demos* we've heard? :drevil:

...you can find this track on the "live and let die" single..

..and it was played sometimes in the very old days by the old line up::::

here's a mega-old version of Shadow of your Love http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=mLeA80lNVbM Axl reminds of Bruce Dickinson there rock3

Edited by kannon21

Here are my opinions of the all the new songs Ive heard that came out in recent years(from best to worst)

BETTER- This song has the most confidence of all the songs that came out. It's like at the very moment they made this they new exactly what they were doing and how to do it-Axl was on cue, the band was on cue and everything fit perfectly.Hardcore song that shows us that the new GNR mean business. Best song

MADAGASCAR- If anyone knows how to write epics, its definetely axl rose and this is no different. The song has a perfect tone and with the quotes, reaches out to anyone listeing. Personally i think the quotes are the best part. Again, it shows us that these guys arent just throwing thier shit at eachother in the studio-theyre actually working on amazing songs. Studio version will kick major ass.

CATCHER IN THE RYE- This song is a very sweet song and very smooth song. I say sweet and smooth although i did hear that its about the guy that killed John Lennon so thats kinda weird. But besides that, everythign comes together in the song. Axl's voice sounds like he sang this in 1991 or something. Hes perfect in it and the inclusion of Brian May for the guitars is great because his signature sound fits like a glove in the song. I especially love the part where axl sings "you were the instrument..." and brian kicks in with his guitar in the back (if you didnt notice it, go back and listen because it a nice little moment)

THE BLUES- Simple and awesome song. The piano intro and end is what does it for me. just great especially the end when you kind of think its over but the song gets back into it. Stuido will be really good.

I.R.S. and T.W.A.T.- IRS was the first real studio sound of the new band and it was a sigh of relief up rock and rolls quit asshole. I was alittle worried because in the begining it starts off alittle weird/techno/drum machine intro but then it kicks in axl sounds as pissed as ever on the second part. good song. TWAT was the new "estranged". while estranged its not, its good for what it wants to be- an epic. You can just tell it wants so hard to be a classic epic song. Both need to be polished a bit i think. theyre not fully ready.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY- grunge sound that doesnt really fit the band. It's a good song but it doesnt show the strentghs of the individuals in the band or of axl. mediocre song and i hope the studio one will be better.

OH MY GOD- I like this song better then most people. At first i liked it alot just because of the sheer fact iot was new gnr but then i thought it sucked really bad and after that it started to grow on me. still not a great song. needs alot of work.

RHIAD AND THE BEDOUINS AND SILK WORMS- I really didnt like these songs when i first heard them. RHIAD wasnt really a far cry from gnr but silk worms i thought sucked really bad. i didnt know what the hell axl was doing there even thuogh dizzy reed wrote it.Rhiad has some potential to be a ok studio song but i feel i still wont like it. I was alittle relieved to hear that neither one of them will be on the album coming out (i think i read that somewhere, but on the internet you can read anything). I always skip these songs when ever i play them on a cd. i just dont like them at all.-----Remember these are all my opinons and only from what ive heard (the leaked demos and live songs) Peace.

The studio version of 'Catcher In The Rye' will be a kickass song!

duff21

agree 100% rock1

I vote Madagascar. :shades: Another song which I believe will sound spectacular in the studio.

both would be cool but i look forward to madagascar more

I put the following songs on my mp3 over a month ago:

Better

There Was a Time

IRS

Madagascar

The Blues

Chinese Democracy

Now.. im convinced there is a secret formula in these songs that makes you keep listening to them.. I just cant get bored of them and I listen to them at every opportunity.. this is quite weird as Im not an obsessive person. These songs sound great everytime I listen to them.. anyone else have the same problem?

Edited by coeus2k

That's cool.

I remember waiting in line outside the record story for UYI too. I remember even buying the tape singles for You Could Be Mine and Don't Cry. I was one of those people you mention who was disappointed that UYI strayed so far from the old GnR. But I never changed my opinion on it. I think UYI's got some good songs on it and I recognize it as a cool attempt at something new by the band, but to me, that's just not what I fell in love with GnR for. A lot of UYI I actively dislike.

To me, it's kind of like Metallica's black album. I think it's mostly a pretty great album, but it's the point at which the band started to suck. From Black Album on, Metallica lost touch of what it was that made them great. It sent their music in a whole new trajectory. Had the Black Album been just one album and the band went on to do more interesting things, I might love the album. Now it just feels like the point at which it all slipped away.

So if you really loved UYI, then you'll probably dig new Axl stuff. Hell, a good bit of UYI was an Axl solo project anyways. If you're one of the fans like me who enjoyed the hard rock, gritty, sleazy, dirty rock, then you'll probably dislike this new stuff.

its good to see n00bs with good freds

Half the time I can't decide if I really love these tracks or if I'm just caught up in the "OMFG NEW GNR THIS WILL MAKE IT ALL WORTH IT!!!" kind of hysteria that all the Guns fans seem to have these.

But I must say I am quite a fan of both the Blues and CITR...though I think the Catcher chorus could be a little stronger.

But I honestly fail to see why everyone likes TWAT so much, to me it's just highly unrememberable.

And if you guys have heard the Rock in Rio bootlegs, it's true, his voice, THE voice that we loved then, is gone, and in its place is something equally beautiful and unique at least in my opinion. If you listen to those tapes, he really does sound better (no pun intended) on the slower, ballad songs, ie Nov Rain and the Blues. And as a guy who learned that music could be emotional without being shitty from Axl, I honestly can say that I would not mind a slower album at all...he almost seems like he's out of breath on the faster ones...he just can't hit the same volume/pitch that he could, but such is the price of getting older. He's matured in many ways, and I truly believe that his song-writing has gotten better...

And bollocks to those who say that the musicians are worse; or ever had that worry. Anyone who'd ever heard Buckethead's solo stuff should have known that he was amazing, and ditto for all the rest.

And I don't know about the Guns N' Roses label. This band is clearly different, stylistically and literally than it was nearly 20 years ago.

however, I have high hopes for Chinese Democracy; too much shitty music coms out these days.

Pray with me to the gods of rock that this album will come out.

~Bryan

Half the time I can't decide if I really love these tracks or if I'm just caught up in the "OMFG NEW GNR THIS WILL MAKE IT ALL WORTH IT!!!" kind of hysteria that all the Guns fans seem to have these.

But I must say I am quite a fan of both the Blues and CITR...though I think the Catcher chorus could be a little stronger.

But I honestly fail to see why everyone likes TWAT so much, to me it's just highly unrememberable.

And if you guys have heard the Rock in Rio bootlegs, it's true, his voice, THE voice that we loved then, is gone, and in its place is something equally beautiful and unique at least in my opinion. If you listen to those tapes, he really does sound better (no pun intended) on the slower, ballad songs, ie Nov Rain and the Blues. And as a guy who learned that music could be emotional without being shitty from Axl, I honestly can say that I would not mind a slower album at all...he almost seems like he's out of breath on the faster ones...he just can't hit the same volume/pitch that he could, but such is the price of getting older. He's matured in many ways, and I truly believe that his song-writing has gotten better...

And bollocks to those who say that the musicians are worse; or ever had that worry. Anyone who'd ever heard Buckethead's solo stuff should have known that he was amazing, and ditto for all the rest.

And I don't know about the Guns N' Roses label. This band is clearly different, stylistically and literally than it was nearly 20 years ago.

however, I have high hopes for Chinese Democracy; too much shitty music coms out these days.

Pray with me to the gods of rock that this album will come out.

~Bryan

yes Brian...don't worry...you're still on it!!!

I didn't want to rate the songs too early.

Rating stuff too early is always stupidity and it makes the review a waste of time.

I don't like to waste my or others' time.

So here it is:

(Est. = estimated times I have listened to a song)

Madagascar: Est.:20. Great epic. Unique synth. Unique quoting. Nice lyrics AND a great, great title! Thumbs up for Madagascar! (8.5/10)

The Blues: Est.: 50. Grows fast, grows solid. Lovely piano intro. Great, mighty guitar solo. This is one of the songs that will sell the album. Only negative: Why do I sense that I could be getting tired of this song after another 20 listenings? (9/10)

Catcher in the rye: Est.: 15. Great catchy song. Happy. When will we ever hear Axl sing La-la-la again? This could be a hit due to it's mainstream appeal. Thumbs up! (8.5/10)

Better: Est.: 25. What an awesome little fucker! I mean, the quitar work is awesome, and only Axl would find a melody like THAT to go with it. I think this is perhaps the one song so far that makes all the band members able to show their true worth, and this song has MUSICAL CHEMISTRY all over it. And isn't it fucking awesome when Robin(?) screams NOW I KNOW YOU BETTER??? I think so. And the solo? Magnificent. (9.5/10)

There was a time: Est.: 15. Grows slowly. Slooowly. It takes a while to get the unity of that massive 3 minute instrumental ending. Is it good? Yeah! Will it grow to be a true epic? Unsure at the moment. But this is for sure: If that 3 minute ending starts to sound better and better and at last sounds awesome, then this song is legendary. I really like the normal first 2-3 minutes. (8/10)

IRS: Est.: 20. To me the least rememberable song. Good song, I'll listen to it for 15 years, but this is like a good "filler". It's like "The Garden": some likes it, some don't. But we all agree that it's not a highlight. Will the studio version be better? (7/10)

Chinese Democracy/Silkworms/Oh My God/Rhiad: I don't wanna rate these. Coz remember,

I don't like to waste your time.