Your take on the new songs in general....

kalahari

I found that when I burned the songs onto CD that Better had quite a different intro and outro than the one I had been listening to. When I listened to Better on my CPU there was no guitar whatsoever in the intro or outro, but when I burned the songs onto CD suddenly there was this strange guitar solo at the opening and ending of the so.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to say that (i haven't tried on mp3 yet) listening to the cd tracks on cd through headphones is incredible, and it really gives me high hopes. Especially IRS. But not only that, you'll notice that I think "better" has an accoustic guitar in it during the easier solo. Considering that you can hear all 3 guitars besides it, I think axl's playing it. Crank better up as loud as pissible thhrough earphones.

Anyone else put the leaks portable?

Thoughts?

AGREED, much better sound through the phones of the cranium. Although, mine is on my iPod in mp3 format. I did burn tto disc for my auto(have a Bose built system in my auto to which I have added 2 12" Hx2s and a 500 watt Fosgate amp...it sound great, but not as goos as through headphones.) Good post.

I'd like to say that (i haven't tried on mp3 yet) listening to the cd tracks on cd through headphones is incredible, and it really gives me high hopes. Especially IRS. But not only that, you'll notice that I think "better" has an accoustic guitar in it during the easier solo. Considering that you can hear all 3 guitars besides it, I think axl's playing it. Crank better up as loud as pissible thhrough earphones.

Thoughts?

that's what i do.......the songs get better and harder....there is much, much more in this songs we cant hear of this DEMOS....................Studio versions will be amazing! rock3

Are you the member Funral? Did you finally decided to correct the mistake in your name? :laugh:

Better sounds class through the phones of head. I'm not allowed to listen to it until saturday because I listened to it too much :(

Me Too! I know all the words , and spend most of the day at work singing it !! I have even caught my wife singing it ! (she probaly heard about 200 times now )

Are you the member Funral? Did you finally decided to correct the mistake in your name? :laugh:

nah, it's not because of that......i lost my password and the Email i registered of that account...i couldn't get back in!

I would like to go back at that account if i could!....like the user name better that way! :)

I found that when I burned the songs onto CD that Better had quite a different intro and outro than the one I had been listening to. When I listened to Better on my CPU there was no guitar whatsoever in the intro or outro, but when I burned the songs onto CD suddenly there was this strange guitar solo at the opening and ending of the so.

You Were Probably Only Listening Out Of one Speaker. <_<

Thoughts?

Wow, you're right, Better sounds fucking amazing, as if I didn't love it enough listening to it on the shitty speakers on my laptop!!!

Most of the songs that have leaked seem to deal with the topic that someone Axl loved/liked did him wrong in some kind of way. Anyone knows anything about who they are directed at or is it old emotions he´s dealing with? :P

"In 1991, Rose had fallen madly in love with Seymour and had become extremely attached to her three-year old son Dylan, but in 1993 Seymour abruptly left Rose to marry multi-millionaire businessman Peter Brandt. According to his few current confidantes, Rose is still hopelessly smitten with Seymour: the new age psychics whom he has employed continuously over the past 12 years claim she is his eternal soulmate and that they have been together in past lives.

And in the only print interview he has given over the past 10 years, with Rolling Stone in early 2000, he stressed that the lyrics to most of Chinese Democracy, the never-ending forthcoming Guns N'Roses album, will tell his side of the Seymour affair. "I hope [seymour's son Dylan] hears it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the whole truth."

Dust&Bones

Slash :heart:

Hehe, naaaaaw, how cute. :P

"In 1991, Rose had fallen madly in love with Seymour and had become extremely attached to her three-year old son Dylan, but in 1993 Seymour abruptly left Rose to marry multi-millionaire businessman Peter Brandt. According to his few current confidantes, Rose is still hopelessly smitten with Seymour: the new age psychics whom he has employed continuously over the past 12 years claim she is his eternal soulmate and that they have been together in past lives.

And in the only print interview he has given over the past 10 years, with Rolling Stone in early 2000, he stressed that the lyrics to most of Chinese Democracy, the never-ending forthcoming Guns N'Roses album, will tell his side of the Seymour affair. "I hope [seymour's son Dylan] hears it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the whole truth."

Dust&Bones

Alright, I had missed this one completely. Thanks!

Technology being what it is today has led me to believe that these "leaks" are nothing more than some fan's playing around with channels of these MP3s on their computer. It would not be particularly to simly remove one channel of sound from the sound files... this would explain why the instrumental leaks are exactly the same quality, the same instrumentation and the same length as the previous leaks.

Does anyone else buy into this theory - or am I simply a showing the characteristic skeptical reactions of a long time GN'R fan?

Technology being what it is today has led me to believe that these "leaks" are nothing more than some fan's playing around with channels of these MP3s on their computer. It would not be particularly to simly remove one channel of sound from the sound files... this would explain why the instrumental leaks are exactly the same quality, the same instrumentation and the same length as the previous leaks.

Does anyone else buy into this theory - or am I simply a showing the characteristic skeptical reactions of a long time GN'R fan?

nah, im pretty sure u cant tinker out a full vocal track, not of those recordings anyway, the recording programs ive used(sonar/pro tools, etc..) wont let u do anyhting to an mp3 file cept turn the volume of the overall recording up or down, no im not saying this cant be done but you would have to be a real loser to spend that much time trying to figure out how to get rid of axl roses vocals on a song, i mean for a regular internet loser like me or you to use sound programs to figure out how to take the vocal track off of a song so i could use it in forum and chatrooms , cmon, this track is obviously recorded before the vocals were added, which means its internal.

Edited by dman1991

the reason they are the same quality and length is because they are from the same cd.

Nic theory - but the vocals run through both the left and right stereo channels of these leaks, so it's not possible to do this and get such a crisp result. I had a look myself, just to doublecheck this wasn't the case.

Furthermore, there were always reports of Instrumental tracks on the CD that "Better, IRS and TWAT" were sourced from - some of the songs even had two seperate instrumental mixes.