Your take on the new songs in general....

kalahari

demo

/de'moh/ 1. A demonstration of a product, often of an early

version or prototype. A demo is a far more effective way of

inducing bugs to manifest themselves than any number of test

runs, especially when important people are watching.

The act of demoing. "I've gotta give a demo

of the drool-proof interface; how does it work again?" 3. n.

Esp. as

`demo version', can refer either to an early, barely-functional version

of a program which can be used for demonstration purposes as long as the

operator uses _exactly_ the right commands and skirts its numerous bugs,

deficiencies, and unimplemented portions, or to a special version of a

program (frequently with some features crippled) which is distributed at

little or no cost to the user for enticement purposes.

4. [demoscene]

A sequence of demoeffects (usually) combined with self-composed music

and hand-drawn ("pixelated") graphics.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic ? Do you know the difference between classic and great ? This album is by no standards a classic yet . Hell TWAT walripped in rolling stone already as being an over produced mess. I.R.S was seen as competent and only Better was lauded.Now I love all of these songs ,but there "better " be some classic songs around the corner.

Yeah but, for your information, GNR has always been criticized in magazines so we, the fans, don't see why it would change and honestly we don't a f... about what a journalist has to say. To support what I say: check the number of entries at concerts they did for the Use Your Illusion Tour 92-93 and you'll see that press you beg pardon....

Don't take things too seriously when it comes from press, relax, if we haven't heard the Big guns so far, that's even a greater news. I think many fans could think the same.

Edited by sleeping stone

Also i believe the leaks minus CITR are not demos.

And you're wrong about CITR- I'd say it's the most complete sounding of all the leaked tracks.

Agreed. Just because the quality of the recording is worst than the other demos, people says CITR is unfinished. But just listen to the multpile layered vocals. The other demos doesn't have it.

But I think CITR is still a demo because of the guitars. They sound a bit too high in the mix, almost like The Blues live (I'm not talkin' about Brian May's solos).

I wait 10 years for new GNR stuff. Finally get ahold of Cather n the Rye. Sounds like an Ozzmosis reject. Na na na na na na

the only cool part is the weird synth thing.

TWATs solo is cool...but the chorus is gay.

oh well. i'll still buy the album anyway.

CW

Classic ? Do you know the difference between classic and great ? This album is by no standards a classic yet . Hell TWAT was ripped in rolling stone already as being an over produced mess. I.R.S was seen as competent and only Better was lauded.Now I love all of these songs ,but there "better " be some classic songs around the corner.

1. Merck said the songs are old demos

2. Do you really care about what RS says?

3. you? talking? :laugh::laugh:

I wait 10 years for new GNR stuff. Finally get ahold of Cather n the Rye. Sounds like an Ozzmosis reject. Na na na na na na

no, it sounds like it could have been composed in the sixties...by one of the bands who were big then...like the Beatles....hence the name...hence the sound....and Brian May on it....a big haired rocker who used to play during those times....makes this a perfect conceptual song.....

Techno died out a long time ago...but if you're into that...good for you

very sharp analogy...

oh well. i'll still buy the album anyway.

CW

I respect your right to have an opinion on the song.

However, I think your opinion is a load of bollocks!

yeah yeah, true you have the right to an opinion but to me the synth part on citr sounds contrived and silly, gtreat songs but that part realy seems a bit out of place, but it'll probably grow on me.

also citr has one of the catchiest verses i have heard for ages!

All the songs we have heard on chinese democracy are ok +, if you listen to appetite for destruction, their will be 1 song that you can say " ew this is shit or i dont like it", but if you take all the songs performed on the 02 tour and all the leaks and mix them together, you get the worlds best album. with IRS & CITR & Silkworms, they are ok and take Better, Blues & TWAT and you get FUCKING AWESOME, these songs are not songs like locomotive or even out ta get me with the funky guitar riffs but these are ballads that are the next level.

some gnr songs are shit and some are the best that will live forever but if the album has songs like better, there was a time, the blues on THE SAME DISC then it will meet its target. If these tracks made it together then it would be awesome and meet the target

Silkworms

CITR

The Blues

Better

IRS

TWAT

Madagascar

Chinese Democracy

Rhiad & The Bedions

Oh My God

some are ok and some are A+, if you compare these to VR then you know Axl IS GNR

we have heard all of these songs, if these songs were to be made onto Chinese D, and the other remaining were god songs, maybe... maybe chinese democracy will be the best album of all time.

Edited by Guns N' Fucking Roses

It might be the most POPULAR album in the world for just a period of time. But so far, none of the songs have GREATNESS on them. Great would mean that it would withstand the test of time. But these songs so far are filled with pop hooks.

aren't 90% of the beatles tunes filled with pop hooks..?

just a thought

Me i say the opposite after hearing those leaked tracks, i´m more confident than ever that this album will kick ass.

And i agree that album should have some more songs like "better". Because on the ballad side i think we got enough ones with "the blues" "twat" and "CITR". Now we need some fast songs to balance the album.

But anyway, release it fuckers, it´ll be great

Me i say the opposite after hearing those leaked tracks, i´m more confident than ever that this album will kick ass.

And i agree that album should have some more songs like "better". Because on the ballad side i think we got enough ones with "the blues" "twat" and "CITR". Now we need some fast songs to balance the album.

But anyway, release it fuckers, it´ll be great

Yea, just what I meant. The current epics are great, I want them on there I just think, as you say, 'Balance' is the key word. We need some pumped up energy rockeres like Better on this one to make it a scorch the earth tour! rock3

hmmm well i think all the new songs are great, hell i'm even one of the few people that "Oh my god" but then again thats just me. I think Chi Dem the song is a great song, i can't wait to here the CD quality of it. Also alot of the leaked songs i think aren't the big guns, know axl their are bigger ones. They might be his fav. But dosn't mean their the big guns. We will just have to wait till july or august(or longer) and go from their. But i think Chi Dem will be a very good cd, how it will sell, i have no idea seeing that i can't fortell the future.

We havent heard anything yet.. everyone in the know is saying that this album is gonna be absolutely massive. Sure they are holding the big guns back. Even thought what we already heard is great. Most albums have 3 to 5 good songs on them and one classic.. Axl always delivers a full album with all classic tunes. Sure IRS, TWAT, better, the blues, CD, madagascar and catcher in the rye are good but Axl will show us just how good he is.. YOU JUST WAIT...

Dude, you are just an idiot. Of all the songs we've heard, this album already would be classic. You forget that the masses haven't heard and over analyzed these songs like your punk ass has! So come to my office today so I can kick your ass!

Hes not just an idiot, these songs are good not classic, better is fantastic (granted), TWAT is alright, Madagascar is great, The blues and CITR though great songs are hardly original, and IRS is just Ok, I'm happy with the produce so far but lets not loose the run of our selfs either, I hope these arn't the big guns, but I kinda think they are definitley among them which although is a bit sad its not intended as an insult, theyre good, some are great, none are classic

also that threat at the end made you seem about 12, no offence intended just telling it as I saw it