GNR to play Dublin in June

Griff

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns N’ Roses have been confirmed for for a summer gig in Dublin later this year.

Performances from Guns N’ Roses have been few and far between in the last decade and it is expected that tickets will be snapped up quickly when they go on sale next Saturday at 9am, priced form €54.50.

The rock giants will be joined by special guests Motley Crue for the concert on Friday, June 9 in the RDS Arena.

The announcement that rock giants Guns N’ Roses will play the RDS will be welcomed by their Irish fans. Guns N’ Roses burst onto the music scene in 1985 with their own ferocious brand of rock and roll and since then have been thrilling audiences the world over. Having already sold over 80 million records, Guns N’ Roses are planning the release of their forthcoming studio album.

http://212.2.162.45/entertainment/story.as...3z5&n=129083402

IF I DONT GET ME TICKETS THEY'LL BE MURDER

i know ill rage!!! supposed to be a sell out :( i HAVE to get tickets.. i HAVE to :no:

goin for standing, no doubt ill pass out at some stage but im plannin on goin fuckin mental in the front row, right at the barrier! :D:D

Yea, i'm dead excited! ive heard that rumour about AC/DC aswell, think about it, its only logical! Metallica is being billed as download ireland. As for a guns n roses (the band)id say AXL definetly has something up his sleeve. This is only my thoughts. AXL hasnt really got a banf, VR are going into the studio in summer time. Slash has said that he would play with axl and vice versa, however last year each original member of guns was offered $1million to reunite. Everyone said yes except AXL. IN saying that anything can happen within a year. But i wouldn't be suprised to see a near original line-up. Cant believe Crue are special guests. As for AXL and Vince, if dey're gettin money they'll get along fine, look at guns and metallica years ago. I cant wait for the whole weekend. Tickets are a bargain aswell!

The Fun Ain't Over Yet.

IF I DONT GET ME TICKETS THEY'LL BE MURDER

i know ill rage!!! supposed to be a sell out :( i HAVE to get tickets.. i HAVE to :no:

goin for standing, no doubt ill pass out at some stage but im plannin on goin fuckin mental in the front row, right at the barrier! :D:D

WE WILL!!!! DONT WORRY!!!!

I am so fucking close to skipping my school prom and buying a ticket and just fuckin' goin'!

Allow me to explain my dilema. I finish my last year of school this may. On the 9th of June we have our school prom - A celebration of 6 years of High School. I have a hot date and it will be a great party. I am going on holiday with 3 friends on monday the 12th of June for 2 weeks. Now we have Guns N' Roses on the other hand. When this tour is scrapped and we all know it will be... and I haven't seen them... I may live to regret that for the rest of my life.

I just need to know that they will go on a proper arena tour at some point. They booked into Glasgow in 2002 and cancelled when the tour fell through. They may rebook their cancelled dates. Please help a sorry soul? :(

Oh my god! My dad told me it was on the radio, and i didn't believe him till i actually read it myself! Guns n Roses and Motley Crue, both brillinat bands, and both HOt bands (although Motley Crue has the edge there), me and my friends are there!!

No one small matter, there's not likely to be a restriction age is there? Cos we wanna stand (duh!) but we are only 16. Do we need an adult, or are they gonna force us to sit?

I am so fucking close to skipping my school prom and buying a ticket and just fuckin' goin'!

Allow me to explain my dilema. I finish my last year of school this may. On the 9th of June we have our school prom - A celebration of 6 years of High School. I have a hot date and it will be a great party. I am going on holiday with 3 friends on monday the 12th of June for 2 weeks. Now we have Guns N' Roses on the other hand. When this tour is scrapped and we all know it will be... and I haven't seen them... I may live to regret that for the rest of my life.

I just need to know that they will go on a proper arena tour at some point. They booked into Glasgow in 2002 and cancelled when the tour fell through. They may rebook their cancelled dates. Please help a sorry soul? :(

Go see GNR. You'll have many other nights out partying but this could be a once in alifetime chance. I myself am in a dilema. Im only gonna get back from my holidays at about 7 that nite, that is of course if the flight doesnt get delayed....so i'll be rushing straight to the show!! why did they have 2 pick this weekend?!

i still cant believe it this is savage!! i tried to book a room in the four seasons hotel which is directly behind the rds and lo and behold the whole hotel is booked out on that night its the only night in june that there are no rooms available i tried this this morning when i first heard it,awell i only live about 20 mins from the venue would have been nice to stay as im sure thats were the bands are gonna be staying

Go see GNR. You'll have many other nights out partying but this could be a once in alifetime chance. I myself am in a dilema. Im only gonna get back from my holidays at about 7 that nite, that is of course if the flight doesnt get delayed....so i'll be rushing straight to the show!! why did they have 2 pick this weekend?!

Of all the weeks of all the years. They pick it when us 2 can't make it! :anger:

Of all the weeks of all the years. They pick it when us 2 can't make it! :anger:

Guys, What the hell?

If you dont go you'll regret it for the rest of your lives... THE REST OF YOUR LIVES I TELL YA!!!

Guys, What the hell?

If you dont go you'll regret it for the rest of your lives... THE REST OF YOUR LIVES I TELL YA!!!

If the album comes out I'm sure they will play the UK plenty times but with GN'R you don't want to take a chance. Early days yet mind...

Guys, What the hell?

If the album comes out I'm sure they will play the UK plenty times but with GN'R you don't want to take a chance. Early days yet mind...

Well true, I honestly believe they will do a UK tour, i cant believe theyre going to Ireland i mean wtf

rock1 rock1

It's been announced that GNR will play the RDS on the 9th of June in Dublin. Happy Days, saves me having to go Lisbon. The announcement has been made on Irish radio. The album has got to be coming out with all these announcements of gigs. Roll on June!

will this be with axle on lead vocals rock1

rock1 rock1

It's been announced that GNR will play the RDS on the 9th of June in Dublin. Happy Days, saves me having to go Lisbon. The announcement has been made on Irish radio. The album has got to be coming out with all these announcements of gigs. Roll on June!

will this be with axle on lead vocals rock1

Yes of course!!! :D

Guys, What the hell?

I want to go desperatly, but its not in my hands at the mo!

Yeah who knows whats gonna happen with GNR..

Well true, I honestly believe they will do a UK tour, i cant believe theyre going to Ireland i mean wtf

I was surprised they picked Ireland myself, I think they must have taken note of how well the greatest hits done. But dont ya know that about 2/3 rds of the Irish crowd will be goin "hey, wheres slash"?!! My friend was convinced the original band were playing, he said the dj announced it on the radio...

Guys, What the hell?

I want to go desperatly, but its not in my hands at the mo!

Yeah who knows whats gonna happen with GNR..

I was surprised they picked Ireland myself, I think they must have taken note of how well the greatest hits done. But dont ya know that about 2/3 rds of the Irish crowd will be goin "hey, wheres slash"?!! My friend was convinced the original band were playing, he said the dj announced it on the radio...

Yes exactly lol i hope they dont make fools out of us and gnr wont become back anymore lol :o I think the 'Wheres Slash section' should be put at the back! :lol:

Yeah the greatest hits went to number 1 and I guess as everywhere really, young people are getting into gnr which is great!

You'll have to educate your friend!!