Guns Battle takes new twist

smokingarthur

dude i dont think slash or duff helped write the lyrics. And the wouldn't be a SCOM riff like now if it weren't for axl when he saw that it was good and kept it.

Err you're completely missing the point. If it wasn't for Slash there wouldn't be a SCOM riff. I don't think Axl could've played that or come up with an amazing intro like that.

The action is in response to a federal suit filed in 2005 by Slash and bassist Duff McKagan, who accused Rose of changing the publisher of the group's copyrighted songs without first conferring with them and then claiming the royalties.

Who won this lawsuit?

If this lawsuit is still going on why would Axl start a new counter lawsuit over the same thing?

I hope someone can explain this to me?

The action is in response to a federal suit filed in 2005 by Slash and bassist Duff McKagan, who accused Rose of changing the publisher of the group's copyrighted songs without first conferring with them and then claiming the royalties.

Who won this lawsuit?

If this lawsuit is still going on why would Axl start a new counter lawsuit over the same thing?

I hope someone can explain this to me?

I don't think the other law suit has to be finished for him to file this.

I love the reference to a new record coming out later this year,

now where have I heard that before................. :(

I've been in enough bands to know that just because you write lyrics of a song, it doesn't mean you own the publishing/writing credits. Somebody has to write the music, and consequently get paid for it. Axl didn't write all the music to GnR's hit songs. The lyrics sure (and he should get paid for that), but not all the music.

Depends how the control of back catalog material is set up in Guns and Roses as a business. If Axl owns Guns he may also have or be wanting the right to control the use of the back catalog. This could happen with the other members still having writing credit and still getting money for any of these deals even if they have no say in what the deals are.

another example is Pink Floyd. Floyd is set up as a business to run by four votes. Roger waters has no control as he's no longer in the band and does not own the Floyd name. The other three simply vote together which makes his one vot useless. He still gets royalties for the use of back material tho...

It can be set up a lot of different way and that may be what they are fighting over at this point.

I don't think the other law suit has to be finished for him to file this.

But if Axl wins the original lawsuit there is no need for a counter lawsuit over the same issue. If he loses he can always appeal

I don't understand the logic behind the counter lawsuit

HOMEFUCK, TRY TO UNDERSTAND!

This is NOT about that Axl wants 100% rights to all songs.

This is about that Duff, Slash and Matt has to much power. And they wont to use their power to sell old classics songs to shitty movies and junk. In that way they throw bad light at gnr today in a important time before CD.

Guns n Roses is today Axl Rose`s brand. When Slash, Duff and Matt do this stuff they put his brand in a bad light that Axl cant control.

IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

This is about that Duff, Slash and Matt has to much power. And they wont to use their power to sell old classics songs to shitty movies and junk. In that way they throw bad light at gnr today in a important time before CD.

Guns n Roses is today Axl Rose`s brand. When Slash, Duff and Matt do this stuff they put his brand in a bad light that Axl cant control.

Good point.

dude i dont think slash or duff helped write the lyrics. And the wouldn't be a SCOM riff like now if it weren't for axl when he saw that it was good and kept it.

Err you're completely missing the point. If it wasn't for Slash there wouldn't be a SCOM riff. I don't think Axl could've played that or come up with an amazing intro like that.

sure i read once that the tune in SCOM was Izzy's warm up tune that Slash then decided to use.

sure i read once that the tune in SCOM was Izzy's warm up tune that Slash then decided to use.

To say that Axl, or anyone else came up with SCOM riff is complete and utter bullshit. Slash wrote it as a joke, and then presented it to the band. This is well documented.

Agreed, could'nt have said it better, there intitled to their royalties, but there should be an agreement between all the people who wrote the song if it is to be put on a soundtrack or anything like that...

To say that Axl, or anyone else came up with SCOM riff is complete and utter bullshit. Slash wrote it as a joke, and then presented it to the band. This is well documented.

Yeah Slash wrote it as a joke adn axl liked it and wrote SCOM from the riff...or am i wrong...