Will the new G'n'R sell tickets?

Original Gunner

Why don`t you get over it?, the old line up is dead.

Snap out, don`t like it, go get yourself a boot dvd of the old band.

Axl has a new line up, THAT IS GUNS N ROSES 2006. :anger:

I like the new line-up (except Finck).

I was just saying that a lot of people who bought tickets will be disappointed.

Edited by Alan Niveen

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people dont know GNR still exist, atleast in the Netherlands it is like that...They all reacting like, wtf they still together, and than u gotta explain what happened ;)

I like it to, and i agree whit you.

I hope GNR will give the fans a good time when they hit the stage around europe this summer.

It's not a surprize that Axl's pupp...err G'N'R :laugh: are selling out in places like Scandinavia. These parts of Europe are notoriously at least five to ten years behind places like the US and UK when it comes to music culture. The fans there are also starved of great new music in comparison to the aforementioned. The real tale will be told in the US, UK and Japan (Germany too) as these are the biggest and most important music markets in the world. However, IF you don't do well in America then you are doomed to fail regardless. and I for one can see 1) the fans staying away in the US b/c they have been burned too many times before by Axl and 2) a stay away culture b/c of all the negative press and constant line-up changes with which the music media are having a field day ripping the shit outta Axl. Also worth bearing in mind is that tickets won't be cheap and all you kids that primarily lurk here won't be able to afford them anyway. :rofl-lol:

Most importantly though is the quality of the record itself, and unless it's a masterpiece ala AFD (which we all know it won't be) then Axl simply cannot win back the massive crowds the original gunners were able to command. And why the fuck should he? Anyone that takes 13 years and counting to release a record deserves to suffers - it's unacceptable to take that long to write and record 10-15 fucking songs!

It's not a surprize that Axl's pupp...err G'N'R :laugh: are selling out in places like Scandinavia. These parts of Europe are notoriously at least five to ten years behind places like the US and UK when it comes to music culture. The fans there are also starved of great new music in comparison to the aforementioned. The real tale will be told in the US, UK and Japan (Germany too) as these are the biggest and most important music markets in the world. However, IF you don't do well in America then you are doomed to fail regardless. and I for one can see 1) the fans staying away in the US b/c they have been burned too many times before by Axl and 2) a stay away culture b/c of all the negative press and constant line-up changes with which the music media are having a field day ripping the shit outta Axl. Also worth bearing in mind is that tickets won't be cheap and all you kids that primarily lurk here won't be able to afford them anyway. :rofl-lol:

Most importantly though is the quality of the record itself, and unless it's a masterpiece ala AFD (which we all know it won't be) then Axl simply cannot win back the massive crowds the original gunners were able to command. And why the fuck should he? Anyone that takes 13 years and counting to release a record deserves to suffers - it's unacceptable to take that long to write and record 10-15 fucking songs!

:anger: some of this is just shit, and you sir are almost 20 years++ after...... get over it, move on.

now :sleeper::sleeper::sleeper:

If he plays his card right in the big countrys, like the US and inc. He Can sale them out...But he has to show up in europe and not miss any dates at all. If he does that, then mabey people will beleive that he has changed and will show to all shows.

Also AFD was a mastpeace in its time and still consdered one of the best of all time....But seeing how people have respond to the new songs/demos gives me an idea that CD could be big, really big. But it all depends if Axl Rose has finaly got his head out of his ass...then again he really dosn't care about the fans. So only time well till. I agree that its taken to long for him to put out a CD, but court and life does affect people in ways some people don't understand...I seam to see a diffrenet Axl then back in the 80's and early 90's.

It's not a surprize that Axl's pupp...err G'N'R :laugh: are selling out in places like Scandinavia. These parts of Europe are notoriously at least five to ten years behind places like the US and UK when it comes to music culture. The fans there are also starved of great new music in comparison to the aforementioned. The real tale will be told in the US, UK and Japan (Germany too) as these are the biggest and most important music markets in the world.

Ooookaaay...

See now the last time I checked Europe was the old continent... And I don't even want to make this about politic or the fact that yours is at the state of an unstable teenager. So just... Ignore that. And I'll ignore you.

You shouldn't speak of matters you clearly know nothing about (scandinavia). <_<

Ooookaaay...

See now the last time I checked Europe was the old continent... And I don't even want to make this about politic or the fact that yours is at the state of an unstable teenager. So just... Ignore that. And I'll ignore you.

You shouldn't speak of matters you clearly know nothing about (scandinavia). <_<

Even though it's difficult to read your broken English friend i get the feeling that you seriously think that Scandinavia is up there with the UK and US when it comes to current music trends and choice of live concerts? Kindly prove your point then, b/c having been all over Europe including Sweden and Finland i know for a fact that you guys are totally way behind. I mean look at all the glam rockers still prancing about in Helsinki and Stockholm. Not to mention that you guys still think death and black metal is cutting edge! :rofl-lol: I'm not flaming Scandinavia, i'm merely pointing out what i have seen with my own eyes... now feel free to prove otherwise. rock1

I don't think a company will back a tour without a new album (In the states) So first, they need to release CD before the U.S. tour.

Second, the last tour turned into a mess fast so they need to make sure that this tour is a professional deal. They need to have good venues, good sound, and Axl needs to show up.

This is what's need to sell out and have I think, none of this is strange ahrd to do things just common sense but with G N' R you never know.....

Ooookaaay...

Even though it's difficult to read your broken English friend...

Thanks for being so subtle about it. I'll be even more.

Kindly prove your point then, b/c having been all over Europe including Sweden and Finland i know for a fact that you guys are totally way behind. I mean look at all the glam rockers still prancing about in Helsinki and Stockholm. Not to mention that you guys still think death and black metal is cutting edge! :rofl-lol: I'm not flaming Scandinavia, i'm merely pointing out what i have seen with my own eyes... now feel free to prove otherwise. rock1

Firstly, the popular music you seem to be so obsessed with is mostly crap. I don't even see why we should like it, but some of us do anyways. Also - there are a lot of bands from scandinavia that are making their ways to the music scene in the US. You know it works both ways and neither way is easy, don't you?

I honestly don't even know why I'm trying to convince you. So you've visited Finland and Sweden? More power to you, but too bad you didn't get to know us.

Ooookaaay...

Even though it's difficult to read your broken English friend i get the feeling that you seriously think that Scandinavia is up there with the UK and US when it comes to current music trends and choice of live concerts? Kindly prove your point then, b/c having been all over Europe including Sweden and Finland i know for a fact that you guys are totally way behind. I mean look at all the glam rockers still prancing about in Helsinki and Stockholm. Not to mention that you guys still think death and black metal is cutting edge! :rofl-lol: I'm not flaming Scandinavia, i'm merely pointing out what i have seen with my own eyes... now feel free to prove otherwise. rock1

you are absolutely right, we are totally way behind. I know that because I'm only just starting to burn my Beatles records

QUOTE(Original Gunner @ Mar 13 2006, 10:37 AM)

It's not a surprize that Axl's pupp...err G'N'R are selling out in places like Scandinavia. These parts of Europe are notoriously at least five to ten years behind places like the US and UK when it comes to music culture. The fans there are also starved of great new music in comparison to the aforementioned. The real tale will be told in the US, UK and Japan (Germany too) as these are the biggest and most important music markets in the world. However, IF you don't do well in America then you are doomed to fail regardless. and I for one can see 1) the fans staying away in the US b/c they have been burned too many times before by Axl and 2) a stay away culture b/c of all the negative press and constant line-up changes with which the music media are having a field day ripping the shit outta Axl. Also worth bearing in mind is that tickets won't be cheap and all you kids that primarily lurk here won't be able to afford them anyway.

Ooookaaay...

LOL! That's rediculous! First off, Sweden actually is one of the bigger countrys when it comes to exporting music. (of course after USA and the UK, but consider the difference in population...) So to disregard the Scandinavian countries as some kind of "third world countries" when it comes to being up to par with important music markets is quite ignorant. Sure, if we are only talking about the size of the domestic markets Scandinavia falls flat in comparison, because of the fact that we're not really overpopulated, to say the least... :P

But ok, fine, I can recognize the fact that being high up in statistics when it comes to export sales isn't neccesarily the same thing as putting quality music out - which, of course is proved by the fact that it's mostly crap pop artists who moves units regardless of their nationality. You wouldn't say that Britney Spears is the reason USA is a trend setter, would you?

In no means am I trying to say that the US. music industry or the UK dito is NOT two of the biggest forces, when it comes to exporting music, setting trends etc. They are! But for you to say that e.g. Finland or Sweden are "starved of great music" is just ignorant. A LOT of american and Uk bands recognize Swedish bands as influences. To name a few: The latest Oasis album is strongly influenced by the Swedish band Soundtrack of our lives, which I believe both of the Gallagher brothers have admitted in interviews. Madonnas first hit single from her new album was basically an ABBA-song. Members from Tool have said that they've listened a lot to Meshuggah, in the making of their new album, as did Metallica before St Anger if I'm not mistaken. Kirk Hammet (i think it was...) also declared Refused's "The shape of punk to come" as one of his absolute favourites and an influence to the making of St. Anger (although one perhaps couldn't point out any parts where they actually sounded like Refused, I can admit...). I feel this is becoming a pissing contest or something, so I'll just stop the name dropping procedure here... :)

Anyway, don't be so quick to judge other countries man!

I'll give you this - it IS important to succed in USA, especially if the band is from the US - like in the case of GnR. Any artist, who has a goal to become "huge" has to charm the american market at one point or another - but to call them "doomed" if they do not, is a miscalculation IMO.

And what you say about us (speaking as a scandinavian, or even more accurate a swede - if you hadn't already figured that out...;)) being "(behind) in the choice of live concerts" is just a bag full of prejudice. Ignorant swedish people does the same remark about americans whenever they see thousands of people going nuts at a Ja Rule (or whatever) concert on MTV. I'd say that "bad taste" has no nationality, that's a disease that can be found everywhere...

Hopefully Guns n Roses will sell tickets in USA as well - generally speaking audiences tend to be very forgiving as long as the music sounds good, so let us just hope that CD will be a great piece of work!

Over and out... (and if my grammar or spelling is incorrect, Original Gunner, please mind that english is not my first language - feel free to stun me with your skills in swedish...) ;)

to be honest guns will never be as popular as they were simply because peoples taste in music has changed completely. no one wants to see real bands now they want tv friendly stars and muscians that middle aged women can sing along with. the heavey metal concert culture is no where near as big as general rock concert go'ers used to be.

to be honest guns will never be as popular as they were simply because peoples taste in music has changed completely. no one wants to see real bands now they want tv friendly stars and muscians that middle aged women can sing along with. the heavey metal concert culture is no where near as big as general rock concert go'ers used to be.

21 of the top 30 touring acts in the USA this week fall into the same ROCK category G 'n' R do... try doing your homework before you post!

01 The Who

02 Red Hot Chili Peppers

03 Aerosmith

05 U2

06 Bon Jovi

07 Coldplay

09 Depeche Mode

10 The Rolling Stones

12 Nickelback

13 Korn

14 Nine Inch Nails

13 The Cult

17 Kid Rock

18 David Gilmour

21 Metallica

23 Eagles

25 The Strokes

26 Queensryche

27 Eric Clapton

29 Motley Crue

30 Queen + Paul Rodgers

well at least here in sweden they're still popular.. Sold out the globe arena in a couple of hours.. But I'm going to see the at the Roskilde festival.. And that is going to be cool, cause bob dylan are going to play there, so if I'm lucky I can hear two versions of Knockin on heavens door that evening rock2

YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to roskilde to watch them also... bringing a few Jack D's if you wanna have fun rock1

Edited by Buick Makane

21 of the top 30 touring acts in the USA this week

how exactly do they define what is a "top act" how many tickets sell or how big the venue is? those statistics are in the usa only. in the uk white rap and pop are far more popular, similary france is dominated by pop. u stated that this is for this week. a week is a relatively short time period and doesnt reflect general trends in ticket sales. you also havent stated how may other genres this thirty is out of. the chances are there may be more rock acts at this point in time than there are pop.

21 of the top 30 touring acts in the USA this week

how exactly do they define what is a "top act" how many tickets sell or how big the venue is? those statistics are in the usa only. in the uk white rap and pop are far more popular, similary france is dominated by pop. u stated that this is for this week. a week is a relatively short time period and doesnt reflect general trends in ticket sales. you also havent stated how may other genres this thirty is out of. the chances are there may be more rock acts at this point in time than there are pop.

It's based on ticket sales and it includes ALL genres. Go to http://www.pollstar.com if you wanna get more anal about it. The trend in America is towards classic rock acts selling the most tickets at the moment. Frankly everywhere else is irrelevant to the US b/c there are 300 MILLION potential consumers there, so i'm not bothered about what's going on elsewhere. That's just the way it is. IF Axl's puppets don't do well in the US they are over. rock1

i disagree entirely some bands have n't made it big in america and are just as sucessfull as ever. oasis for example. queen originally failed to break america and they survived and came back stronger. the world just doesnt revolve around america believe it or not the europeans do buy cds and tickets aswell if they didnt bands wouldnt be doing european tours. today europe is just as important for muscians than any other continent.