another NIN pic with axl in it?

hogg2500

Is it necessary to quote the pic and to write messages in german ?

is it necessary for you to say that about someone whose first language isnt english?

ssiscool,

Wieder Begegnungen mit vereinzelten Worten wie : Steinschlag, Hartgräser, Zeit.

OK ?

yo can we have a translation please. i only speak 3 languages. english, french and russian

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yo can we have a translation please. i only speak 3 languages. english, french and russian

"Again encouters of isolated words like: rockfall, hard-grasses, time." :laugh:

How can you guys get upset by a small joke in german? (wich wasn´t really funny and 90% here wouldn´t understand it anyway)

Guest Matt13

I'm a huge NIN fan... but to my knowledge they're not really known for this kind of stuff. In fact, up until recently did they start putting pictures like this up on the site... candids of them doing whatever.

Anyway, I find this very interesting. At first, I didn't see Axl's head. I was more focused on what appears to be the AFD cross in the picture:) Did anyone else notice that? After zooming in on it in Photoshop I then noticed the head.

What's more freaky... there's two Power Mac G5's and 4 Lacie Extreme external firewire hard drives pictured there... the same set up I have right in front of me right now!!!

I use my systems for video editing... but I discovered the power of the MAC on the music side of things when Trent put the raw files to 'Only' and 'The Hand That Feeds' up on the NIN site. I dropped them in Garageband, added some of my own synth work created on the MAC, and did some kick ass remixes of the songs. Here's one of 'Only' that I did:

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2O33KBJ...ST28EKCWAO6QHZP

In short, the technology that's available to us is pretty amazing:) I could make a whole album right in my bedroom...lol.

Back to GNR... either Trent is completely fucking with GNR fans and/or Robin... or there's a real connection between the two bands. How cool would it be if Trent Reznor and Axl teamed up to colloborate on some songs... even better... imagine such a tour!

Stadiums would be possible:)

Heh - I have something to say for almost every point you made in your post, so here goes...

First - nope, never noticed the AFD cross, and STILL can't see it after inspecting it for a good 2 minutes - care to give a shove in the right direction?

Next - that's a damn sweet setup you've got going for your video editing. I'm making a short film for a major project later in the year, so I might PM you with a few questions later on if you don't mind... :tongue2:

I'm downloading your mix - love the song, so should be interesting to hear.

And finally, on GNR and NIN touring - Reznor had a little dig at Robin a few months back about joining GN'R, so I don't know how likely that would be. I think he's just playing around, knowing the sort of speculation little shit like that stimulates. :laugh:

Here's that cross that I see. It jumped right out at me and for some reason, I had a hard time finding the 'head'. When I did find it, I felt like an idiot...lol:

783686ab.jpg

I obviously put in a red outline of where it would be in full, but if you look at the original picture you might see what I'm talking about now. It's probably nothing and just an accidental coincidence.

As for the video stuff, sure, PM me... I'd be happy to answer a few questions. I'm curious to see what kind of film you're doing. I mostly do weddings, corporate stuff for Senators and stuff in the Baltimore/DC area and a little contract work with Discovery Networks (Wedding Story, Dirty Jobs, Wild Weddings, Trading Spaces).

I know all too well the Robin/Reznor rift. When Robin wouldn't come on board for 'With Teeth' Trent took a jab at not only Robin, but GNR. Could have just been for publicity... could have been to cover up them colloborating together (although I doubt that's been going on... it's just nice to imagine:)... could have been for any number of reasons. But then again, why all of this now? Makes me wonder if they are colloborating a bit after seeing these 'tricks' Trent is pulling. If not, it's one big joke and he's sitting back in front of his G5 workstation laughing his ass off at all of this...lol.

Look at the water bottle reflected in the mirror. By the position of suposed Axl Rose, the picture was shoted by him. Fake?? Maybe!

I know you're not the only one who's said this is fake, I just want to say: NO SHIT

There's no question it's fake... it's obviously Photoshopped... where's your sign?

What is REAL though, is this is up on the NIN.com website. An official website for Trent Reznor and NIN. They Photoshopped that in there. The question is, why?

So damn fake...

R.

See my last remark.

Guest Matt13
Cheers for that red outline thing Matt, I didnt notice the cross at first. Thanks man. :)

The big questions is why?

Grimo.

I tried to superimpose the AFD cross over it... just as it appears on the album cover... and it didn't match up. Whether or not it's a different image is up for debate... but I think the cross thing is just a coincidence and really has nothing to do with GNR.

What intrigues me is that whoever Photoshopped that head in there, really went out of their way to make it look convincing... as if Axl had actually taken the picture. Notice in the shot from the VMA's, the left side of Axl's face isn't lit up like it is in the NIN picture... they did that while superimposing the head in there to make it look like his face was picking up light from the natural light source from the window in the room... to make it look like he was acutally there.

Again, why go through all that trouble...lol. Something smells fishy here.

Cheers for that red outline thing Matt, I didnt notice the cross at first. Thanks man. :)

The big questions is why?

Grimo.

I tried to superimpose the AFD cross over it... just as it appears on the album cover... and it didn't match up. Whether or not it's a different image is up for debate... but I think the cross thing is just a coincidence and really has nothing to do with GNR.

What intrigues me is that whoever Photoshopped that head in there, really went out of their way to make it look convincing... as if Axl had actually taken the picture. Notice in the shot from the VMA's, the left side of Axl's face isn't lit up like it is in the NIN picture... they did that while superimposing the head in there to make it look like his face was picking up light from the natural light source from the window in the room... to make it look like he was acutally there.

Again, why go through all that trouble...lol. Something smells fishy here.

Well my first reaction was its just Trent playin with Guns. Nothin malicious in it, just a bit of banter. But I dont know why he'd go to such lengths. Not bein the biggest NIN fan, I dont know how missed Robin is by the NIN guys. Were him n Trent like a Axl & Slash (of early 90s) type partnership?

The only reason I can think of is havin a dig at Robin.

Grimo.

Guest Matt13
I think there's something on that pc screen I cant make it out but itlooks like a trac list they may be working on

Naa mate... looks like LogicPro... a professional audio editing production suite.

Guest Matt13

Were Robin n Trent like a Axl & Slash (of early 90s) type partnership?

Not really...

Mr Robin Finck didn't play on any NIN record. :D

No shit, sherlock. Nobody other than Trent produced NIN albums. Robin and Finck were together from day 1 in NIN though for live performances up until the 'With Teeth' tour, so it's a fair comparison to make (Robin/Trent, Slash/Axl).

If it's not,The first picture had chinese democracy written over a stagedoor exit. Now they have Axl in a mirrior behind them.To me that suggests a negative connotation. That suggests he is looking over their shoulders stealing thier ideas, from thier point of view.

Hmmm...maybe. Or, since they are faking the pics, they could be saying Axl is a fake. But of course, that would make Nin et al just as much of fakes for making the fake pics...

-Rob

Guest Matt13
i cant see any explanation for this' so i wont comment' the only person that knows why its there is the person who put it there

So why'd you post and get our hopes all up that the almighty Lawrence had the answer?

i cant see any explanation for this' so i wont comment' the only person that knows why its there is the person who put it there

So why'd you post and get our hopes all up that the almighty Lawrence had the answer?

:lol:

Guest Matt13

What is REAL though, is this is up on the NIN.com website. An official website for Trent Reznor and NIN. They Photoshopped that in there. The question is, why?

They leaked the demo's.

Hey, could be possible. Maybe before the whole 'With Teeth' fallout with Trent and Robin, maybe Robin was over at Trents one night for a shindig and played some GNR material for Trent, then, left the CD!

Who knows, really.