Why does Axl Rose take criticism so personally?

Original Gunner

I don't have a problem with someone responding when they have been slandered by the media. The problem with Axl is that he throws a tantrum onstage and he sounds like a 10 year old whose mom won't buy him candy. It just makes him look bad and I'm sure that mick wall and the others he's ranted about are still laughing about it.

I disagree. Looks like Axl's showing he wont put up with shit.

He can respond intelligently, or he can swear and stamp his feet like a spoiled child. He usually does the latter.

Axl does respond intelligently. Things just upset him. So he shows it. I see northing wrong with it.

Screaming "Fuckhead!".. and storming off stage definitely showcase his intelligence..

And let's not forget 'Get In The Ring'..

"And that goes for all you punks in the press

That want to start shit by printin' lies

Instead of the things we said

That means you

Andy Secher at Hit Parader

Circus Magazine

Mick Wall at Kerrang

Bob Guccione Jr. at Spin,

What, you pissed off cuz your dad gets more pussy than you?

Fuck you

Suck my fuckin' dick."

When the shoe fits..

-Kickingthehabit

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with someone responding when they have been slandered by the media. The problem with Axl is that he throws a tantrum onstage and he sounds like a 10 year old whose mom won't buy him candy. It just makes him look bad and I'm sure that mick wall and the others he's ranted about are still laughing about it.

He can respond intelligently, or he can swear and stamp his feet like a spoiled child. He usually does the latter.

Axl does respond intelligently. Things just upset him. So he shows it. I see northing wrong with it.

totaly agree. he's just expressive...whats the point on discussing this? if he's angry he acts angry. he's no hypocrite

Screaming "Fuckhead!".. and storming off stage definitely showcase his intelligence..

That means you

Circus Magazine

Mick Wall at Kerrang

Fuck you

Suck my fuckin' dick."

When the shoe fits..

-Kickingthehabit

It's a song. That puts those people in their place. It's a good song. rock3

totaly agree. he's just expressive...whats the point on discussing this? if he's angry he acts angry. he's no hypocrite

I agree. :drevil:

That means you

Circus Magazine

Mick Wall at Kerrang

Fuck you

Suck my fuckin' dick."

When the shoe fits..

-Kickingthehabit

It's a song. That puts those people in their place. It's a good song. rock3

"Axl does respond intelligently"- Sweet Kimberly

"Suck my fuckin' dick."- Get In The Ring

Right..

-Kickingthehabit

Right..

-Kickingthehabit

LOL. At the time that song was pretty funny. Now it's pretty cheesy though and one that i skip on UYI.

You'd think that now he's in his mid-forties, the guy would have mellowed a bit and learned to take it in his stride, but he really hasn't. Bashing kids on net forums is proof that the guy STILL has serious issues and needs to perhaps retire from the music business if he can't take the heat. Just wait until the press jump all over CD, it's gonna be insane! ;)

Right..

-Kickingthehabit

LOL. At the time that song was pretty funny. Now it's pretty cheesy though and one that i skip on UYI.

You'd think that now he's in his mid-forties, the guy would have mellowed a bit and learned to take it in his stride, but he really hasn't. Bashing kids on net forums is proof that the guy STILL has serious issues and needs to perhaps retire from the music business if he can't take the heat. Just wait until the press jump all over CD, it's gonna be insane! ;)

Why shouldnt Axl bash kids on the net if they are being nastly too him? You know writeing nastly things about him. Axl seems fine too me. Axl hasnt done anything wrong or childish as same thing here. Give the man a brake. Quite the music business I dont fucken think so.

Right..

-Kickingthehabit

Just wait until the press jump all over CD, it's gonna be insane! ;)

Yeah, it will be insane. I only hope Axl will not retreat back to the mansion and never be heard from again.

As far as the concert rants go, if you've ever seen one in person, they are very entertaining. Juvenile yes, but a lot of fun. And if he's stayed around long enough to give a rant(at a concert), you've probably seen a decent show. The only problem I've ever had with Axl is the no shows/riots. People pay good money and travel to see a show, they expect to get their moneys worth.

Right..

-Kickingthehabit

Why shouldnt Axl bash kids on the net if they are being nastly too him? You know writeing nastly things about him. Axl seems fine too me. Axl hasnt done anything wrong or childish as same thing here. Give the man a brake. Quite the music business I dont fucken think so.

..you'd think a man in his 40's would have more maturity.

-Kickingthehabit

Right..

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

Axl does. He's not tracking them down too kick there ass. He's not out shotting them with a gun. So there Axl's mature.

Right..

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

Axl does. He's not tracking them down too kick there ass. He's not out shotting them with a gun. So there Axl's mature.

His inability to commit assault, or homicide constitutes a validation of his maturity? :lol:

How about diving into a crowd to punch someone in the face for taking a photograph?

-Kickingthehabit

I think it does just for the reason I enjoy Axl so much, he pours his heart and sould into his work, we seem to be under the impression it is all for us, or we deserve or are entitled to regular new music, and to know what is going on in his life.

I think he does it first for him, for his love of it, and the result is that passion, pain, love, hate comes through and many of us relate to it.

So the next time you actually care about something, truly believe in something, and have it stolen, distorted, scrutenized or outirght dismissed as garbage. see how you feel.

I in many ways am happy to know that Axl gives a crap about his work.

Right..

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

His inability to commit assault, or homicide constitutes a validation of his maturity? :lol:

How about diving into a crowd to punch someone in the face for taking a photograph?

-Kickingthehabit

That's fine. That happen right in front of him(That person taking a pic. And that was with his fist not with a gun. What's your point ?I still see northing wrong with Axl. You sound like a Axl basher. Why did you get in the ring and I'll kick your ass punk :devil: :devil: :devil: :fuckyou:

And let's not forget that he went ape shit when some guy in the crowd was spotted wearing a SLASH t-shirt at a live show. I mean these people pay good money to be entertained not persecuted. Most professional athletes have no problem with being booed or slated for putting in a bad performance - they accept that it comes with the territory. Why should Axl be allowed to disrespect the fans like this - is HE above the law?

Edited by Original Gunner

It's been brought to my attention that W.Axl Rose really seems to know about and respond to a lot of criticism that comes his way from the fans/media/internet and takes it very personally. I mean he dissed the NME live from stage during the last UK performances for writing shit about him, he has refused to give MTV and various other media outlets interviews in the past over negative comments and has even spoken out about two kids called Renato and Xozi posting shit on another Guns internet forum that he didn't approve of. Shouldn't a self-assured musical legend like Axl be above all this, stop holding grudges and just let his music do the talking?

DISCUSS rock1

I haven't seen Axl complain much at all.

He's been quite silent about commenting about anything in the press for much of the past decade.

The question is funny coming from you though - a guy who - in his short time here - has sent numerous complaints to the mods whining and crying about how people are abusing you for your 'cupcake-like" posts.

It's been brought to my attention that W.Axl Rose really seems to know about and respond to a lot of criticism that comes his way from the fans/media/internet and takes it very personally. I mean he dissed the NME live from stage during the last UK performances for writing shit about him, he has refused to give MTV and various other media outlets interviews in the past over negative comments and has even spoken out about two kids called Renato and Xozi posting shit on another Guns internet forum that he didn't approve of. Shouldn't a self-assured musical legend like Axl be above all this, stop holding grudges and just let his music do the talking?

DISCUSS rock1

The question is funny coming from you though - a guy who - in his short time here - has sent numerous complaints to the mods whining and crying about how people are abusing you for your 'cupcake-like" posts.

:rofl-lol:

hello darling, back on form eh?

He's been quite silent about commenting about anything in the press for much of the past decade.

:laugh:

You're the man madison!

Right..

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

That's fine. That happen right in front of him(That person taking a pic. And that was with his fist not with a gun. What's your point ?I still see northing wrong with Axl. You sound like a Axl basher. Why did you get in the ring and I'll kick your ass punk :devil: :devil: :devil: :fuckyou:

I don't fight 12 year olds..

Please don't attempt to turn this into 'Mean Girls'.. ;)

-Kickingthehabit

I think it does just for the reason I enjoy Axl so much, he pours his heart and sould into his work, we seem to be under the impression it is all for us, or we deserve or are entitled to regular new music, and to know what is going on in his life.

I think he does it first for him, for his love of it, and the result is that passion, pain, love, hate comes through and many of us relate to it.

So the next time you actually care about something, truly believe in something, and have it stolen, distorted, scrutenized or outirght dismissed as garbage. see how you feel.

I in many ways am happy to know that Axl gives a crap about his work.

Will said. And I can relate too Axl's passion,pain,love and hate. And I know how I would feel if I had something stolen,distorted,scruteniaes ect from me. Heartbroken,pissed,hurt,Want too rip someone's head off. And call me fucked up but I dont wanna know what gonna on in Axl life. And no I dont think I have a right too know.

DISCUSS rock1

That's interesting - a biased mod... maybe i need to complain about your blatant disregard of the warning privacy system here to the big kahuna huh.

And although it's funny that you compare me to Axl - i should point out that i'm not a legendary millionaire rockstar who should be above all the criticism he gets from kids on the net. But thanks for the comparison all the same. :rofl-lol:

That's interesting - a biased mod... maybe i need to complain about your blatant disregard of the warning privacy system here to the big kahuna huh.

And although it's funny that you compare me to Axl - i should point out that i'm not a legendary millionaire rockstar who should be above all the criticism he gets from kids on the net. But thanks for the comparison all the same. :rofl-lol:

It's not about being biased. It's about having common sense. You don't need to post every little thing that springs into your mind. Axl doesn't seem to take all comments that personally... seemingly you do! Does that make him a better guy? Yes.