Why does Axl Rose take criticism so personally?

Original Gunner

That's interesting - a biased mod... maybe i need to complain about your blatant disregard of the warning privacy system here to the big kahuna huh.

And although it's funny that you compare me to Axl - i should point out that i'm not a legendary millionaire rockstar who should be above all the criticism he gets from kids on the net. But thanks for the comparison all the same. :rofl-lol:

It's not about being biased. It's about having common sense. You don't need to post every little thing that springs into your mind. Axl doesn't seem to take all comments that personally... seemingly you do! Does that make him a better guy? Yes.

No Jock it's about telling it like it is, see. I'm not here to keep you and your fellow G'n'R newbies happy by agreeing with your absurd assumptions about a band you never even knew about ten years ago. You above all should know that it's either Rangers or Celtic buddy - there is no middle ground. :rofl-lol:

And i think you'll find i don't have a criminal record, a restraining order against any ex's, have not spent any time in jail or been caught with a gun in my luggage to name but a few Axl misdemeanours. I also haven't bailed on any commitments leaving thousands of people pissed off and out of pocket on numerous occasions. Does that make me a better guy than Axl? I think so. :fuckyou:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't a self-assured musical legend like Axl be above all this, stop holding grudges and just let his music do the talking?

The problem - as I see it. Is tha Axl is far from self-assured and dissing people is the only way he knows to respond to critisism.

It's been brought to my attention that W.Axl Rose really seems to know about and respond to a lot of criticism that comes his way from the fans/media/internet and takes it very personally. I mean he dissed the NME live from stage during the last UK performances for writing shit about him, he has refused to give MTV and various other media outlets interviews in the past over negative comments and has even spoken out about two kids called Renato and Xozi posting shit on another Guns internet forum that he didn't approve of. Shouldn't a self-assured musical legend like Axl be above all this, stop holding grudges and just let his music do the talking?

DISCUSS rock1

I haven't seen Axl complain much at all.

He's been quite silent about commenting about anything in the press for much of the past decade.

The question is funny coming from you though - a guy who - in his short time here - has sent numerous complaints to the mods whining and crying about how people are abusing you for your 'cupcake-like" posts.

That's interesting - a biased mod... maybe i need to complain about your blatant disregard of the warning privacy system here to the big kahuna huh.

And although it's funny that you compare me to Axl - i should point out that i'm not a legendary millionaire rockstar who should be above all the criticism he gets from kids on the net. But thanks for the comparison all the same. :rofl-lol:

How does acting like a cupcake on a fan forum - and spamming mods with complaints about how you're abused for your Axl-bashing posts - have anything to do with Axl? Maybe you should take the time to actually read a post so that your tiny mind can grasp what's being said before clicking the reply button.

It's been brought to my attention that W.Axl Rose really seems to know about and respond to a lot of criticism that comes his way from the fans/media/internet and takes it very personally. I mean he dissed the NME live from stage during the last UK performances for writing shit about him, he has refused to give MTV and various other media outlets interviews in the past over negative comments and has even spoken out about two kids called Renato and Xozi posting shit on another Guns internet forum that he didn't approve of. Shouldn't a self-assured musical legend like Axl be above all this, stop holding grudges and just let his music do the talking?

DISCUSS rock1

I haven't seen Axl complain much at all.

He's been quite silent about commenting about anything in the press for much of the past decade.

The question is funny coming from you though - a guy who - in his short time here - has sent numerous complaints to the mods whining and crying about how people are abusing you for your 'cupcake-like" posts.

How does acting like a cupcake on a fan forum - and spamming mods with complaints about how you're abused for your Axl-bashing posts - have anything to do with Axl? Maybe you should take the time to actually read a post so that your tiny mind can grasp what's being said before clicking the reply button.

I don't like this 'cupcake' word..

Dissenting opinions should be welcomed even if you don't agree with them, Mein Fuhrer..

We are not here to cater to the status quo..

-Kickingthehabit

His inability to commit assault, or homicide constitutes a validation of his maturity? :lol:

How about diving into a crowd to punch someone in the face for taking a photograph?

-Kickingthehabit

how about doing some research on why he punched the guy?

there was a valid reason.

LMAO - you're all bent outta shape b/c I don't share your misguided enthusiasm for the new G'n'R and hero worship Axl? Well that's ok, you'll grow outta that in time. And who are you to accuse me of having a tiny mind? You have no idea what i have achieved in my life, and that's fine too b/c it's not about me but why get personal? It's about Axl and G'N'R - i give credit where it's due and criticism when it's not. That's what democracy and open debate is all about, right? If you only want Axl ass kissers in the forum then make it invite only. My posts and topics have so far been proven to be entertaining, fun and well read, received and commented on. What's so bad about that... it ain't brain surgery baby rock3

DISCUSS rock1

Because he's batshit crazy.

Always has been, likely always will be.

His inability to commit assault, or homicide constitutes a validation of his maturity? :lol:

How about diving into a crowd to punch someone in the face for taking a photograph?

-Kickingthehabit

Oh,. by all means..

Let me hear your spin on it..

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

Oh,. by all means..

-Kickingthehabit

I'll give you my spin on it, I was there. Axl saw this guy taking pictures for an hour and 1/2. He finally decided to get pissed off. He gave the security about 5 seconds to take care of it, and he jumped into the crowd. A minute or so later, he slapped a security guard on the ear. Then he took off, riot followed soon after.

-Kickingthehabit

Oh,. by all means..

-Kickingthehabit

I'll give you my spin on it, I was there. Axl saw this guy taking pictures for an hour and 1/2. He finally decided to get pissed off. He gave the security about 5 seconds to take care of it, and he jumped into the crowd. A minute or so later, he slapped a security guard on the ear. Then he took off, riot followed soon after.

He's really gonna love looking out on a sea of camera cell phones next time around then. :rofl-lol:

-Kickingthehabit

Oh,. by all means..

-Kickingthehabit

He's a sensitive one, isn't he?

I appreciate the unbiased report..

-Kickingthehabit

No Jock it's about telling it like it is, see. I'm not here to keep you and your fellow G'n'R newbies happy by agreeing with your absurd assumptions about a band you never even knew about ten years ago. You above all should know that it's either Rangers or Celtic buddy - there is no middle ground. :rofl-lol:

And i think you'll find i don't have a criminal record, a restraining order against any ex's, have not spent any time in jail or been caught with a gun in my luggage to name but a few Axl misdemeanours. I also haven't bailed on any commitments leaving thousands of people pissed off and out of pocket on numerous occasions. Does that make me a better guy than Axl? I think so. :fuckyou:

Because I never liked Guns N' Roses 10 years ago does that make me any less of a fan? No. How can I help that when I'm 7 years old. No middle ground between Rangers and Celtic? I disagree they are called Dunfermline.

You list the things Axl has done in the past. He does these because he is fly and cool enough to get away with them. Sadly you are not. But I don't know you, maybe you are cool. ;)

Edited by W. Axl Kev

-Kickingthehabit

Oh,. by all means..

-Kickingthehabit

You DO realise that in the same show, a guy managed to get on stage with a knife? Hence 'lame-ass' security. I don't blame him for walking off.

-Kickingthehabit

Oh,. by all means..

-Kickingthehabit

You DO realise that in the same show, a guy managed to get on stage with a knife? Hence 'lame-ass' security. I don't blame him for walking off.

I wasn't aware of the fine line between videotaping and brandishing a weapon..

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

Seriously - earlier in the show someone got on stage with a knife. It was that and a number of other events that led to Axl jumping off the stage, then leaving. That camera was more of the 'straw that broke the camel's back' if you follow.

Read up on it before you criticise the actions taken. ;)

Read here for more info.

Edited by highvoltageacdc

Guest JohnUlmer

-Kickingthehabit

Oh,. by all means..

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

You are also apparently not aware that when you registered for this forum and clicked "I Agree," you were ignoring the disclaimer which says this is a Guns N' Roses fan forum and you must be a fan of the new band and "dissenting opinions" - as you said - are not allowed.

Of course, I think that's silly, and maybe it was just worded incorrectly; but if you want to get into technicalities, there you go. Go look it up if you don't believe me.

-Kickingthehabit

Oh,. by all means..

-Kickingthehabit

a little late, but any ways

Security for the venue were not actual ‘security guards’, just hired hicks.

This ‘photographer’ was just some fan, who was up close to the stage, he kept bothering Axl (‘hey man, here’s my card, hey man, I’m friends with security, hey man, come here I want to give you something, hey man……and on and on). Axl wanted security to do something, like take away his camera, security did not do anything because they were inept. So Axl took it into his own hands, the ‘photographer’ punched Axl, Axl punched back.

The ‘contract’ between GN’R and the venue explicitly said “NO CAMERA’S”, security didn’t do their job.

This and besides the fact, things were being thrown in stage due to unruly drunks.

The ‘contract’ between GN’R and the venue explicitly said “NO alcohol to be sold after 9pm”, venue kept selling alcohol for a few more hours.

Guns had already been playing for 90min a bunch of other things happenend,

"thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home" then riot

-Kickingthehabit

Oh,. by all means..

-Kickingthehabit

a little late, but any ways

Security for the venue were not actual ‘security guards’, just hired hicks.

This ‘photographer’ was just some fan, who was up close to the stage, he kept bothering Axl (‘hey man, here’s my card, hey man, I’m friends with security, hey man, come here I want to give you something, hey man……and on and on). Axl wanted security to do something, like take away his camera, security did not do anything because they were inept. So Axl took it into his own hands, the ‘photographer’ punched Axl, Axl punched back.

The ‘contract’ between GN’R and the venue explicitly said “NO CAMERA’S”, security didn’t do their job.

This and besides the fact, things were being thrown in stage due to unruly drunks.

The ‘contract’ between GN’R and the venue explicitly said “NO alcohol to be sold after 9pm”, venue kept selling alcohol for a few more hours.

Guns had already been playing for 90min a bunch of other things happenend,

"thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home" then riot

No alcohol to be sold after 9:00 pm? Well, to bad Axl didn't come on stage until after 9:00. Yes the security was 'lame', they let people in with all kinds of stuff. It was 90 degrees at 9:00 that night(typical heat and humidity for the midwest). Hot as hell. I don't know how people were able to bring in bottles, probably in their girlfriends purse.

Silver lining for Riverport(now UMB Bank Pavillion), you get everything short of an anal probe before entering the venue. I saw Motley Crue in August 2005. You get searched,patted down etc. Fortunately for me, I was patted down by a chic, which felt pretty good.

Edited by JONEZY