________

Guest Bach

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ of course they'd sell a lot without promotion, but very much more with!

Everybody knows this when you're on a festival watching a band you forgot about/you don't know and think "wow, they're good... should get the album..."

Now I don't wanna say peple forgot about GNR but there are much young kids out there too!

^ of course they'd sell a lot without promotion, but very much more with!

Everybody knows this when you're on a festival watching a band you forgot about/you don't know and think "wow, they're good... should get the album..."

Now I don't wanna say peple forgot about GNR but there are much young kids out there too!

This is true... I think that they should at least have a few copies of CD in the mrech stalls at the gigs...even if it hasn't been released in the shops..That would be an incentive for people to go. An alternative to this plan would be...(this isn't a very practical idea but it would be a fun and amusing business stunt for Axl) If he gave away one copy of CD away at every gig... you know threw it into the audience at the end of Paradise city and watched them fight over it...... :lol:

so the only way to get the new music would be to hope that however catches it rips it and sticks it on limewire or whatever thus forcing all the people who really want it to download it and then not buy it 2 months later, also probably managing to spark a nice lil GnR riot along the way.

sorry, but imo newgnrs live-interpretations of the old ballads were very disappointing and the 2002 world tour wasn't really a big success (canceled shows, negative reviews). i think this was one important reason why cd was not released 2002. wouldn't it be better to release that stuff now? i think so :) .... i don't wanna have a 2002 deja-vu :(

In my opinion, if CD is not released before the summer tour, some tourdates won't be sold out. I'm French and I bought my ticket for the Paris concert. But France is fare to be the county of rock n' roll. Here, everybody forgot GNR. And the die hard fans are not enouth to fill the Paris arena. I hope this show won't be canceled... :confused:

I actually think that is why they are playing a lot of festivals. Simply because die hard fans arent enough to fill large venues - esp after the last tour. This is also why I'm not so sure they will release the album until the festivals are out of the way. They will use the festivals to gauge the response much like they did with Maddy, The Blues, CD, Silkworms and R&B. If its positive they will release the album before the solo shows start. If not, well...it doesnt bare thinking about.

So what's he gonna do? Never release the album?

Obviously that's not an option. I think with with the barrage of news and rumours we've had this year we can safely say the album is on it's way. We just don't yet know how they will execute the release.

You really need to rethink your desire to always get the date. I am sick of arguing over when it will come out. I am on board with those who think it will be a late 2006 release. And I am being optomistic, not stupid and naive. Albums arent released over night. This album will be no different. I am tired of all these crazy theories. For Christ Sake, there is no release date yet, doesn't that tell you something???