________

Guest Bach

Guest JohnUlmer

I don't think he should sing Better or IRS live unless his voice has seriously improved strength-wise since '02.

IRS perhaps, since it does have a rather whiny pitch to it...but I don't think he'll be able to croak out Better without over-squealing and losing the rasp.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just honest.

I think he could easily pull off CITR and TWAT because they're higher-pitched and "cleaner" vocal-wise. Not as much grit to 'em.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one would hope he doesn't play the same set as 2002. he may just play the songs that were leaked as far as new material goes. if that happens, we don't hear anything we haven't already heard. I'm okay with that. I really hope they play Better though. i also think IRS will rock live.

I think IRS will kick ass live to rock3 . To me, it sounds like the new Civil War. rock1

At first I thought Chinese Democracy would be released at the end of the year, and that this European tour was only a warm up. :chef:

But now, considering the number of gigs planned and all the different countries scheduled for this tour, I wonder if a released could occur in May for example.

What do you think?

Anyway what's really inmportant is that I got my tickets for their show in Paris..hehe..youslut!! :xmasschef2:

Who knows? I mean...apart from Axl :P

I just know I´m fucking excited because I´m going to see them in Madrid!! rock2 :P

At first I thought Chinese Democracy would be released at the end of the year, and that this European tour was only a warm up. :chef:

But now, considering the number of gigs planned and all the different countries scheduled for this tour, I wonder if a released could occur in May for example.

What do you think?

Anyway what's really inmportant is that I got my tickets for their show in Paris..hehe..youslut!! :xmasschef2:

Who knows? I mean...apart from Axl :P

I just know I´m fucking excited because I´m going to see them in Madrid!! rock2 :P

Yo tambien ! both lisboa and madrid ...

sorry, but imo newgnrs live-interpretations of the old ballads were very disappointing and the 2002 world tour wasn't really a big success (canceled shows, negative reviews). i think this was one important reason why cd was not released 2002. wouldn't it be better to release that stuff now? i think so :) .... i don't wanna have a 2002 deja-vu :(

Edited by slääsh

I for one don't think every show in 2002 sucked. Sure there was a handful that were not great,but alot of the shows were good.

In my opinion I think it would be smarter to release the album first then tour. But maybe the plans are to play these shows,and announce a release date say at Rock In Rio. After all these gigs,release the album then tour North America. That would be a good plan,but who knows.

In my own opinion, I think it's not fair to say the 2002 tour was not a success. It wasn't a failuer either. It was a lot like Van Halen's last tour, it had mixed reviews. About half the shows sucked ass, and the other half made you want to jump with joy.

And again, in my own opinion, agreeing with F*ck Fear, it would be much wiser to release it BEFORE the summer festivals. Then again, it wouldn't be a bad idea to release it DURING the summer shows.

I don't really know my stance on this next idea, but what if these summer events in Europe are again a prelude to another North American tour? If that were to happen, I think people would hear Chinese Democracy (if it were to be released before or during the summer festivals) and would definiltey go to the new GNR American shows.

THAT would be a success.

In my own opinion, I think it's not fair to say the 2002 tour was not a success. It wasn't a failuer either. It was a lot like Van Halen's last tour, it had mixed reviews. About half the shows sucked ass, and the other half made you want to jump with joy.

And again, in my own opinion, agreeing with F*ck Fear, it would be much wiser to release it BEFORE the summer festivals. Then again, it wouldn't be a bad idea to release it DURING the summer shows.

I don't really know my stance on this next idea, but what if these summer events in Europe are again a prelude to another North American tour? If that were to happen, I think people would hear Chinese Democracy (if it were to be released before or during the summer festivals) and would definiltey go to the new GNR American shows.

THAT would be a success.

when a tour is cancelled..it shall be called a failure..

I hope no more new songs are played before the release. Otherwise there'll be no new songs left.

Lucky for me I still haven't listened to the leaks but I think I'm givin it one more month until I do.

Kind of agree with that on one hand. However I strongly disagree on another: What if CD doesn't come out and Axl scraps it? Okay that would be unlikely but with bad reviews of new songs I think he may.

I hope no more new songs are played before the release. Otherwise there'll be no new songs left.

Lucky for me I still haven't listened to the leaks but I think I'm givin it one more month until I do.

Kind of agree with that on one hand. However I strongly disagree on another: What if CD doesn't come out and Axl scraps it? Okay that would be unlikely but with bad reviews of new songs I think he may.

Then whoever has the rest of the album will be taking a big leak.

sorry, but imo newgnrs live-interpretations of the old ballads were very disappointing and the 2002 world tour wasn't really a big success (canceled shows, negative reviews). i think this was one important reason why cd was not released 2002. wouldn't it be better to release that stuff now? i think so :) .... i don't wanna have a 2002 deja-vu :(

In my opinion, if CD is not released before the summer tour, some tourdates won't be sold out. I'm French and I bought my ticket for the Paris concert. But France is fare to be the county of rock n' roll. Here, everybody forgot GNR. And the die hard fans are not enouth to fill the Paris arena. I hope this show won't be canceled... :confused:

In my opinion, if CD is not released before the summer tour, some tourdates won't be sold out. I'm French and I bought my ticket for the Paris concert. But France is fare to be the county of rock n' roll. Here, everybody forgot GNR. And the die hard fans are not enouth to fill the Paris arena. I hope this show won't be canceled... :confused:

I actually think that is why they are playing a lot of festivals. Simply because die hard fans arent enough to fill large venues - esp after the last tour. This is also why I'm not so sure they will release the album until the festivals are out of the way. They will use the festivals to gauge the response much like they did with Maddy, The Blues, CD, Silkworms and R&B. If its positive they will release the album before the solo shows start. If not, well...it doesnt bare thinking about.

I actually think that is why they are playing a lot of festivals. Simply because die hard fans arent enough to fill large venues - esp after the last tour. This is also why I'm not so sure they will release the album until the festivals are out of the way. They will use the festivals to gauge the response much like they did with Maddy, The Blues, CD, Silkworms and R&B. If its positive they will release the album before the solo shows start. If not, well...it doesnt bare thinking about.

I do agree with you but the Paris concert is not a festival. It's a true show headlined by GNR... :confused:

I also agree, they will have used to the shows last time to chewck out the response to the songs, it has to be said that aprt from maddy, the blues and chi dem, they wernt that good!

So probably, back to the drawing board and get some more tracks recorded, do another tour with some better songs played live and then "hopefully" (please please please) a release later in the year.

I also agree, they will have used to the shows last time to chewck out the response to the songs, it has to be said that aprt from maddy, the blues and chi dem, they wernt that good!

So probably, back to the drawing board and get some more tracks recorded, do another tour with some better songs played live and then "hopefully" (please please please) a release later in the year.

You fucking maniac. Don't give Axl ideas. The leaks are excellent. He'd take another 15 years to perfect them and then tour at age 60 with a super crap voice.

Please release before tour

You fucking maniac. Don't give Axl ideas. The leaks are excellent. He'd take another 15 years to perfect them and then tour at age 60 with a super crap voice.

Please release before tour

Agreed, he needs a new release to tour for. What are they going to be a Guns N' Roses Cover band? Put out something new to tour with before you tour. Festival dates are one thing but shows that they are headlining as true GNR shows? Have an album out- jeez. :sleeper: