Sterling Sounds to master a new GN'R album

mynameisjonas

Right on e! There were no songs which should have been on GH that were left off.

Locomotive

Coma

Nightrain

Deadhorse

Estranged

Out Ta Get Me

Mr. Brownstone

All would have been much more suiting on a collection which contains almost more covers on it than it does original pieces.

How can songs that weren't hits or weren't even released as singles be on a Greatest Hits package you tit!

Now the argument should be that they should have released a 'best of' and not a 'greatest hits', which I would agree with, but if you are talking a GH album, the songs pick themselves...

LP

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on e! There were no songs which should have been on GH that were left off.

Locomotive

Coma

Nightrain

Deadhorse

Estranged

Out Ta Get Me

Mr. Brownstone

All would have been much more suiting on a collection which contains almost more covers on it than it does original pieces.

How can songs that weren't hits or weren't even released as singles be on a Greatest Hits package you tit!

Now the argument should be that they should have released a 'best of' and not a 'greatest hits', which I would agree with, but if you are talking a GH album, the songs pick themselves...

LP

we were supposed to have a "very best of" so technacly (sp?) they could have released those

Locomotive

Coma

Nightrain

Deadhorse

Estranged

Out Ta Get Me

Mr. Brownstone

LP

A song being released as a single does not qualify it for greatest hits material, nor does it signify that said song is "good" or popular to begin with. Singles are more or less a marketing scheme to aid in album or tour promotion.

Having said that, greatest hits collections are nothing more than an easy way for a record label to make a quick buck, and they are simply thrown together without regard for quality of tracks contained on the disc. Many greatest hits fail to incorporate the best aspects of a bands music and generally fail in every respect to properly give an artist justice. This collection is no exception. I wouldn't even shoplift this piece of shit.

You should shut the fuck up now. I would appreciate it. :)

with all they hype around chinese democracy, do u really think a gh2 would sell if it was released b4 cd?

i jus feel tat the fans wud get pissd off if tat happens

dont see gh2 doin well if its gonna be released any time soon

Agree- I wouldn't buy it and, as a fan, I would feel insulted. (Again) :no:

You're a bunch of idiots. If you look at the new promotional poster for GN'R's European tour, under the new logo you will notice the words Guns N' Roses. It is a common mistake for people to label the band "Guns & Roses". Perhaps the reason the new logo spells G&R is because it obviously suits the Chinese style of the lettering. You morons need to stop overanalysing meaningless little things.

That made no sense. People label the band Guns N' Roses cause that's their name!

Yeah, but people on this thread were claiming that Axl didn't own the name "Guns N' Roses" just because some site labelled the band "Guns & Roses". You're the kind of idiot I'm making reference to.

What? Where did someone say this? I not only see mention of ownership of the name, but also see no edited posts to give you a possible, before your grand premiere...again starting with "You're a bunch of idiots". That's a pretty wild assumption from "hey look, they are using the new lettering". So who said this???

Also, you have no point, just for the record. Hardly over analysing, the guy is just noting the & instead of an N, or whatever, no big deal. Certainly no cause to dabiew on a board firing insults off like a newly escaped mental patient.

That's all, nfm.

Shut the fuck up, asshole. Bottom line: The album's never gonna come out. It's just Axl repeating the exact same process as he did in 2002 - a few shows to create hype so he can justify pissing off for another 4 years. He probably just leaked a few new tunes for us to sing along to at the shows this Summer. Maybe if people would've stopped paying attention to him all these years, his ego would have crumbled and he'd have released Chinese Democracy years ago. People like you are the just the brunt of this complete joke that is the 10+ year recording of Chinese Democracy. Oh, and it won't be as good as Appetite (which took a maximum of 3 months to record).

No one said (Or should have reason to think) that CD is gonna be another AFD.

On the topic of a GH2, I think there's enough material for a good hour or so of music. They definitely could include:

It's So Easy

Nightrain

Out Ta Get Me

Mr. Brownstone

Rocket Queen

Used To Love Her

Dust N' Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Dead Horse

Pretty Tied Up

Estranged

Attitude

That's another 14 tracks that were somewhat big hits

Edited by Powerage5

Shut the fuck up, asshole. Bottom line: The album's never gonna come out. It's just Axl repeating the exact same process as he did in 2002 - a few shows to create hype so he can justify pissing off for another 4 years. He probably just leaked a few new tunes for us to sing along to at the shows this Summer. Maybe if people would've stopped paying attention to him all these years, his ego would have crumbled and he'd have released Chinese Democracy years ago. People like you are the just the brunt of this complete joke that is the 10+ year recording of Chinese Democracy. Oh, and it won't be as good as Appetite (which took a maximum of 3 months to record).

No one said (Or should have reason to think) that CD is gonna be another AFD.

On the topic of a GH2, I think there's enough material for a good hour or so of music. They definitely could include:

It's So Easy

Nightrain

Out Ta Get Me

Mr. Brownstone

Rocket Queen

Used To Love Her

Dust N' Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Dead Horse

Pretty Tied Up

Estranged

Attitude

That's another 14 tracks that were somewhat big hits

No offence but these are just album tracks that only gnr fans would enjoy, Who already have all these tracks on the albums respectively. The record company could not justifiy releasing another collection of already released songs just to make a quick buck. If there HAS to be another compilation, id rather it be unheard stuff or outtakes, hell even rejects. But surely we don't need another batch of tunes thrown together we've all played to death?!

Current projects we are working on or about to....

And there is A LOT to be excited about...

Joan Jett, The New York Dolls, Keane, The Beatles, Sonic Youth, Brazilian Girls, Fugees, Nelly Furtado, Woodrush, Kalas, Freddie Stevenson, The Vines, Pink, Chetes, The Panic Channel, Rihanna, Jelly, Soul Position, AFI, Burning Spear, The Zutons, Lamb of God, Sumo, Cheyenne, Hoobastank, Akira The Don, Royseven, Manic, People In Planes, Andrea Boccelli, Ray-J, Huck, Fear The State, Blackstone Cherry, Keren Ann, Landon Pigg, Goo Goo Dolls, Miles Of Smiles, Joanna Pacitti, Starboard, Three Days Grace, Motley Crue, Guns & Roses and many many more...

Notice how they have it as Guns & Roses just like the new logo. It was posted on March 14th...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...18-df1161c2fc1e

This is old news.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=60385&st=0

In future, please use the search button before starting a new topic to make sure it hasn't already been posted. If it's more than 24 hours old, then chances are it's already been posted and discussed.