Slash quits VR? - RUMOUR from Metalsludge

axl1962

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl hasn't pissed on you left and right. He doesn't make tons of promises, you guys believe all the fucking rumors and then you turn around and blame him.

Go back and look at his comments over the last 10 years and he has promised multiple times over that period about music being just about done, showing up next summer with new songs, not showing up to concerts he advertised he would be at. He has certainly jerked the GNR fan base around, even if not intentionally. To try and cannonize him as a victim is absurd, because 99% of the headaches and lawsuits he has dealt with are self imposed.

100% agree...

And like i said, i am a HUGE supporter, just beyond tired of this bullshit.

Do you see ANY other bands, pretty much in the history of recorded music, act this way??

Um.... you mean play by their own rules like axl has done? How about every great rock band ever. It just so happens you don't like Axl's rules.

You need to get this attitude of "Axl makes the music for me" out of your fucking head. You are complaining about someone not acting properly, when you've seen the guy jump into a crowd and punch a guy.

Axl hasn't pissed on you left and right. He doesn't make tons of promises, you guys believe all the fucking rumors and then you turn around and blame him.

Go back and look at his comments over the last 10 years and he has promised multiple times over that period about music being just about done, showing up next summer with new songs, not showing up to concerts he advertised he would be at. He has certainly jerked the GNR fan base around, even if not intentionally. To try and cannonize him as a victim is absurd, because 99% of the headaches and lawsuits he has dealt with are self imposed.

100% agree...

And like i said, i am a HUGE supporter, just beyond tired of this bullshit.

Do you see ANY other bands, pretty much in the history of recorded music, act this way??

i second that!!

axl said we ll be hearing music this year,lets hope he keeps his word this time atleast(hope he jus dint mean the concerts when he said'music' <_< )

I don't know of any other band that keeps their beloved fans in the dark as much as Gn'r does, notably Axl himself. It's not just the silence but the false hopes (like his several comments about new music coming out real soon during the '01 and '02 tours) that have made be disappointed. He also said on a radio interview with WRIF Detroit that it would probably come out within a year of November '02, and he is way beyond that. Plus, the cancelled shows and repeated silence despite our asking for just one statement about the progress of the record is really disappointing. That being said, I love Gn'r (old better than new, but I have no real complaints about the new band) and Axl and wish them all the best and obviously hope for a great record sometime soon. But I would prefer a lot more communication. So Axl, as much as I love him and his music, deserves our criticisms.

I don't know of any other band that keeps their beloved fans in the dark as much as Gn'r does, notably Axl himself. It's not just the silence but the false hopes (like his several comments about new music coming out real soon during the '01 and '02 tours) that have made be disappointed. He also said on a radio interview with WRIF Detroit that it would probably come out within a year of November '02, and he is way beyond that. Plus, the cancelled shows and repeated silence despite our asking for just one statement about the progress of the record is really disappointing. That being said, I love Gn'r (old better than new, but I have no real complaints about the new band) and Axl and wish them all the best and obviously hope for a great record sometime soon. But I would prefer a lot more communication. So Axl, as much as I love him and his music, deserves our criticisms.

Well said!! The guy is not even close to the same guy we all thought we "loved" back when there really was a Guns N Roses

Well said!! The guy is not even close to the same guy we all thought we "loved" back when there really was a Guns N Roses

Yeah, because Axl Rose always spoke to the fans in the early '90s :rolleyes:. Once again people are comparing one time period of music with another, even though GN'R has changed dramatically. These are different times, and Axl knows he doesn't have the biggest band in the world with him anymore. Things just aren't as open anymore. Radio stations these days don't know dick all, and they get a lot of news from the very tool we're using. The internet. Of course, they don't get all the information on here, but a good chunk is from here.

to be honest, i can't quite fathom how this could be true.

First most of you say the source itself is very sketchy,

second why would Slash pickup and leave VR right before their new album is coming out, leaving behind alot of hard work on the new material to go back to Axl and tour performing songs he has had no input on, and are all of axls creation? Wasn't that why he left GnR? Because Axl wanted to do completely different stuff than he did?

Going back to Axl would be one of the dumbest things hes ever done career wise, he should stick with VR and boot Weiland out if hes got a beef. Surely he hasnt made the same dumb mistake and signed the rights over to Weiland? hehe.

not looking good for VR is it?

VR?...a fuckin' monstrosity right from the start...

I thought it was fuckin awesome until Scott Weiland joined. :no:

If he has left and isn't going back to GNR, I hope he finds a singer worthy of his talent.

Actually, an album like Santana does is something right up his alley. Lots of guest singers. Slash and Steven Tyler. :)

second why would Slash pickup and leave VR right before their new album is coming out, leaving behind alot of hard work on the new material to go back to Axl and tour performing songs he has had no input on, and are all of axls creation? Wasn't that why he left GnR? Because Axl wanted to do completely different stuff than he did?

Going back to Axl would be one of the dumbest things hes ever done career wise, he should stick with VR and boot Weiland out if hes got a beef. Surely he hasnt made the same dumb mistake and signed the rights over to Weiland? hehe.

*snaps back to reality*

All your points=Very true...

well MAYBE he heard the cd and realized that the new songs arent bad at all for his knd of taste. and said: "hum, so this is what your up to? its kinda cooll... lets do it"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: