No Reunion With SLASH, DUFF

karamba

A reunion would blow! Chinese Democracy has been in the making for far too long to just throw all that away and reunite the old guys to do a tour playing GNR's greatest hits by a bunch of guys who don't like each other and don't want to work together, and are just collecting their paycheck. Axl doesn't want to work with Slash or Matt, and swore he never would again.

Are you Axl? Nope, didn't think so. So therefore, you don't know what the hell he wants, so SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl has been quoted saying he will not work with either of those two musicans. Calm the fuck down woman

PMT? :unsure:

S. I think shes one of those that has it every day.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A reunion would blow! Chinese Democracy has been in the making for far too long to just throw all that away and reunite the old guys to do a tour playing GNR's greatest hits by a bunch of guys who don't like each other and don't want to work together, and are just collecting their paycheck. Axl doesn't want to work with Slash or Matt, and swore he never would again.

Are you Axl? Nope, didn't think so. So therefore, you don't know what the hell he wants, so SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl has been quoted saying he will not work with either of those two musicans. Calm the fuck down woman

Things change. You don't know any of them personally. Neither do I.

AXLS_DISILLUISION: I do not have one of those days, and I'd thank you to stay out of my business. Just because I think your comments are stupid and idiotic does not mean I have PMS.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Axl was playing the stuff THE FANS wanted to hear.

wrong. "they play[ed] the old songs... for everyone to see that 'This new band can play the fuck out of these songs'..."

that too. But again, wouldn't you feel weird if you went to a GNR concert and they didn't play Mr. Brownstone?

wrong. "they play[ed] the old songs... for everyone to see that 'This new band can play the fuck out of these songs'..."

that too. But again, wouldn't you feel weird if you went to a GNR concert and they didn't play Mr. Brownstone?

or sweet child of mine?

I won't believe anything today

There's no way its april fools. An april fools would give us some information, like there is going to be a reunion. Someone saying a rumour is false is kinda the opposite of april fools and isn't very funny.

Yeah, that's true. No need for a reunion of the greatest band of all time.

Instead, I love this new "band," - you know, where no one besides Axl knows what's going on. They seem really tight.

:rolleyes:

Yea, like it would've been really tight back in the days. <_<

Axl and Slash worked pretty much alone during the UYI and TSI sessions

over the telephone even!

Yea, like it would've had been really tight back in the days. <_<

thats not any different than axl and his new guns, is it ???

but then again, how would any of us know.....

I've said it from the beginning, fuck a reunion and there will never be one....

who are you to say that ?????

According to Axl he gets along with these guys much better on a personal level.

Well, that's easy when you never see each other.

Well, that's easy when you never see each other.

I know for fact some of the members of the band are in touch with Axl regularly.

youd be surprised how good someone gets along with you after you pay them millions of dollars to follow everything you ask for them to do

Finck sure played the fuck outta NR solo, no doubt there

what a guy :rolleyes:, I love how they can play songs they didnt write, how cool is that

as a guitarist myself, i can only play my own songs, it was a real inspiration to hear that talented

session players like mr Finck have the ability to play other peoples songs, wow what legends... I'll stop there

I like the blues, madagascar etc, but I love Guns and Roses, and while i look forward to this album should it ever surface, and i look forward to seeing Axl Rose on stage in my native city, I'd love a reunion that bit more because I love Guns over all their side projects (rose's guns, Velvet revolver etc), because nothing beats them when there all together (izzy, Duff, Slash, Axl)

That said I accept it is too unlikely, which is a shame and I hope that Slash doesnt leave Velvet revolver

because even in this sad case were they cannot reform, at least I can see slash perform some Kick ass music, i hope this is a lie

In response to you Axls Disillusion, I accept that when you go to an Axl Rose concert you expect to hear some Guns and Roses, but I believe its better for him and for his new project if he approached this issue like his former band mates did, play a few old classics intermixed with a completely new set list

His last tour was a joke, a set list straight out 92 not 02, played for the most part badly, all he demonstrated was that he had failed to move on, but he can turn it around this time, show us what hes actually being doing for this god awful amount of time.

His new stuff by and far is good with some notable exceptions (silkworms, Rhiad, Chinese D are stinky), the rest is solid and interesting, if he does the same thing again as in 02 (the original Guns setlist) after the others of demonstrated their ability to move on, he will be percieved as a joke.

the choice his is

Edited by Mr Estranged

what a guy :rolleyes:, I love how they can play songs they didnt write, how cool is that

as a guitarist myself, i can only play my own songs, it was a real inspiration to hear that talented

Isession players like mr Finck have the ability to play other peoples songs, wow what legends... I'll stop there

I like the blues, madagascar etc, but I love Guns and Roses, and while i look forward to this album should it ever surface, and i look forward to seeing Axl Rose on stage in my native city, I'd love a reunion that bit more because I love Guns over all their side projects (rose's guns, Velvet revolver etc), because nothing beats them when there all together (izzy, Duff, Slash, Axl)

That said I accept it is too unlikely, which is a shame and I hope that Slash doesnt leave Velvet revolver

because even in this sad case were they cannot reform, at least I can see slash perform some Kick ass music, i hope this is a lie

In response to you Axls Disillusion, I accept that when you go to an Axl Rose concert you expect to hear some Guns and Roses, but I believe its better for him and for his new project if he approached this issue like his former band mates did, play a few old classics intermixed with a completely new set list

His last tour was a joke, a set list straight out 92 not 02, played for the most part badly, all he demonstrated was that he had failed to move on, but he can turn it around this time, show us what hes actually being doing for this god awful amount of time.

His new stuff by and far is good with some notable exceptions (silkworms, Rhiad, Chinese D are stinky), the rest is solid and interesting, if he does the same thing again as in 02 (the original Guns setlist) after the others of demonstrated their ability to move on, he will be percieved as a joke.

the choice his is

I disagree with most of that.. but there is one thing you have completely wrong. :no: Guns N' Roses still exists, the band never broke up. What Axl is doing now is still Guns N' Roses. Its not an Axl Rose show. Its GNR.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Because he pays them a salary.

Hell, if Axl paid me alot of money to sit around for many years doing squat shit I would kiss his ass every day in fear that I would lose a steady income stream.

You act as if these new members actually give a shit about GNR... They don't. They care about there paycheck.

The only people who actually care about GNR are the guys who started it. No matter what they say, they had a chemistry and magic that has not surfaced in any other band ever since.

GNR is and will always be remembered as Axl, Slash, Steven, Izzy and Duff. Deny it all you want, that's the band that will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, and that's the band the public actually gives a shit about.

And spare me with all this "living in the past" bullshit... we are talking about GNR remember??? The band hasn't even released any material since 1991, 15 fucking years ago.

If Slash left VR, then if the band is to continue, I'm sure Dave Navarro will be getting a call soon. He always seems like the guy that is rumoured to replace whomever is supposedly leaving another band (Guns N' Roses in 1991 with Izzy, Motley Crue in 2005 with Mick Mars, Guns N' Roses again in the late 1990s).

There is just one thing you have completely wrong. :no: Guns N' Roses still exists, the band never broke up. What Axl is doing now is still Guns N' Roses. Its not an Axl Rose show. Its GNR.

ok, tell me who the fuck wrote most of appetite, lies, and both illusions albums ?????

was it axl alone ????

no, it wasn't.

There is just one thing you have completely wrong. :no: Guns N' Roses still exists, the band never broke up. What Axl is doing now is still Guns N' Roses. Its not an Axl Rose show. Its GNR.

ok, tell me who the fuck wrote most of appetite, lies, and both illusions albums ?????

was it axl alone ????

no, it wasn't.

What does that matter? The point is, Guns N' Roses are touring this summer, and Slash and Duff will not be there. This is old news, they've both been out of the band for over a decade.

Isession players like mr Finck have the ability to play other peoples songs, wow what legends... I'll stop there

the choice his is

I disagree with most of that.. but there is one thing you have completely wrong. :no: Guns N' Roses still exists, the band never broke up. What Axl is doing now is still Guns N' Roses. Its not an Axl Rose show. Its GNR.

This is not an Axl Rose show eh? its Gnr?

What is Gnr?

its not Slash, izzy, duff, steve, matt, now you say its not just Axl, its not Buckethead?, is it Stinson? Finck and Fortus? Brain even?

what is GNR? the only constant these past 21 years of existence is Axl Rose, its catalogue is due to his,duff, izzy and slash's work now there gone, its just him, you say you dont think its Axl Rose show, then what is it when everyone else is expendable?

MY GNR (no pun intended) is Slash, Axl, Izzy, Duff

I dont know what yours is anymore

People have to realize that the moment Slash and Duff left Guns N' Roses, the band ceased being Guns N' Roses and became "GN'R"......the hibernating bear of Rock n' Roll. Since the moment the others left, reunions rumors have been thrown and tossed around left and right and everyone knows its not gonna happen. Me personally i would love for all of them to stop being children and just become pals again but I know that wont happen. I am looing foreward to what these other musicians have to show for their hard work, im looking foreward to what Axl has to show for these 10+ years. Im looking foreward to Chinese Democracy from GN'R (not Guns N' Roses") and im looking foreward to a badass tour from a badass band with a bandass frontman. Peace.

Axl is pretty busy erasing all of Buckethead's guitar parts on the album. It probably delayed the release a few months. This summer the Axl Rose Band might actually play some stuff. We'll see how it goes. Axl's been toying around with his solo album for nigh a decade. Hopefully it is released soon.

the choice his is

This is not an Axl Rose show eh? its Gnr?

What is Gnr?

its not Slash, izzy, duff, steve, matt, now you say its not just Axl, its not Buckethead?, is it Stinson? Finck and Fortus? Brain even?

what is GNR? the only constant these past 21 years of existence is Axl Rose, its catalogue is due to his,duff, izzy and slash's work now there gone, its just him, you say you dont think its Axl Rose show, then what is it when everyone else is expendable?

MY GNR (no pun intended) is Slash, Axl, Izzy, Duff

I dont know what yours is anymore

It don't matter what YOUR GNR is. The real GNR is basically whoever Axl says is in the band, its his band, you just haven't accepted that ;) The guys in Guns now are the guys in my sig, you'll see in Rio.