No Reunion With SLASH, DUFF

karamba

Axl was playing the stuff THE FANS wanted to hear.

wrong. "they play[ed] the old songs... for everyone to see that 'This new band can play the fuck out of these songs'..."

that too. But again, wouldn't you feel weird if you went to a GNR concert and they didn't play Mr. Brownstone?

Finck sure played the fuck outta NR solo, no doubt there

what a guy :rolleyes:, I love how they can play songs they didnt write, how cool is that

as a guitarist myself, i can only play my own songs, it was a real inspiration to hear that talented

Isession players like mr Finck have the ability to play other peoples songs, wow what legends... I'll stop there

I like the blues, madagascar etc, but I love Guns and Roses, and while i look forward to this album should it ever surface, and i look forward to seeing Axl Rose on stage in my native city, I'd love a reunion that bit more because I love Guns over all their side projects (rose's guns, Velvet revolver etc), because nothing beats them when there all together (izzy, Duff, Slash, Axl)

That said I accept it is too unlikely, which is a shame and I hope that Slash doesnt leave Velvet revolver

because even in this sad case were they cannot reform, at least I can see slash perform some Kick ass music, i hope this is a lie

In response to you Axls Disillusion, I accept that when you go to an Axl Rose concert you expect to hear some Guns and Roses, but I believe its better for him and for his new project if he approached this issue like his former band mates did, play a few old classics intermixed with a completely new set list

His last tour was a joke, a set list straight out 92 not 02, played for the most part badly, all he demonstrated was that he had failed to move on, but he can turn it around this time, show us what hes actually being doing for this god awful amount of time.

His new stuff by and far is good with some notable exceptions (silkworms, Rhiad, Chinese D are stinky), the rest is solid and interesting, if he does the same thing again as in 02 (the original Guns setlist) after the others of demonstrated their ability to move on, he will be percieved as a joke.

the choice his is

I disagree with most of that.. but there is one thing you have completely wrong. :no: Guns N' Roses still exists, the band never broke up. What Axl is doing now is still Guns N' Roses. Its not an Axl Rose show. Its GNR.

This is not an Axl Rose show eh? its Gnr?

What is Gnr?

its not Slash, izzy, duff, steve, matt, now you say its not just Axl, its not Buckethead?, is it Stinson? Finck and Fortus? Brain even?

what is GNR? the only constant these past 21 years of existence is Axl Rose, its catalogue is due to his,duff, izzy and slash's work now there gone, its just him, you say you dont think its Axl Rose show, then what is it when everyone else is expendable?

MY GNR (no pun intended) is Slash, Axl, Izzy, Duff

I dont know what yours is anymore

It don't matter what YOUR GNR is. The real GNR is basically whoever Axl says is in the band, its his band, you just haven't accepted that ;) The guys in Guns now are the guys in my sig, you'll see in Rio.

Indeed, lets just hope that is the case...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl was playing the stuff THE FANS wanted to hear.

wrong. "they play[ed] the old songs... for everyone to see that 'This new band can play the fuck out of these songs'..."

that too. But again, wouldn't you feel weird if you went to a GNR concert and they didn't play Mr. Brownstone?

Finck sure played the fuck outta NR solo, no doubt there

what a guy :rolleyes:, I love how they can play songs they didnt write, how cool is that

as a guitarist myself, i can only play my own songs, it was a real inspiration to hear that talented

Isession players like mr Finck have the ability to play other peoples songs, wow what legends... I'll stop there

I like the blues, madagascar etc, but I love Guns and Roses, and while i look forward to this album should it ever surface, and i look forward to seeing Axl Rose on stage in my native city, I'd love a reunion that bit more because I love Guns over all their side projects (rose's guns, Velvet revolver etc), because nothing beats them when there all together (izzy, Duff, Slash, Axl)

That said I accept it is too unlikely, which is a shame and I hope that Slash doesnt leave Velvet revolver

because even in this sad case were they cannot reform, at least I can see slash perform some Kick ass music, i hope this is a lie

In response to you Axls Disillusion, I accept that when you go to an Axl Rose concert you expect to hear some Guns and Roses, but I believe its better for him and for his new project if he approached this issue like his former band mates did, play a few old classics intermixed with a completely new set list

His last tour was a joke, a set list straight out 92 not 02, played for the most part badly, all he demonstrated was that he had failed to move on, but he can turn it around this time, show us what hes actually being doing for this god awful amount of time.

His new stuff by and far is good with some notable exceptions (silkworms, Rhiad, Chinese D are stinky), the rest is solid and interesting, if he does the same thing again as in 02 (the original Guns setlist) after the others of demonstrated their ability to move on, he will be percieved as a joke.

the choice his is

I disagree with most of that.. but there is one thing you have completely wrong. :no: Guns N' Roses still exists, the band never broke up. What Axl is doing now is still Guns N' Roses. Its not an Axl Rose show. Its GNR.

This is not an Axl Rose show eh? its Gnr?

What is Gnr?

its not Slash, izzy, duff, steve, matt, now you say its not just Axl, its not Buckethead?, is it Stinson? Finck and Fortus? Brain even?

what is GNR? the only constant these past 21 years of existence is Axl Rose, its catalogue is due to his,duff, izzy and slash's work now there gone, its just him, you say you dont think its Axl Rose show, then what is it when everyone else is expendable?

MY GNR (no pun intended) is Slash, Axl, Izzy, Duff

I dont know what yours is anymore

It don't matter what YOUR GNR is. The real GNR is basically whoever Axl says is in the band, its his band, you just haven't accepted that ;) The guys in Guns now are the guys in my sig, you'll see in Rio.

Your going to say that but your going to also maintain that its not an Axl Rose show?

What? :confused::huh:

Well you maybe right that it doesnt matter about what my GNR is, but unfortunatley for Axl, Im not alone,

Time will tell if Axl rose's show can over shadow its own name,

you think Velvet Revolver suffered by comparisons made, Velvet revolver at least didnt have the same name, keeping the name was the man's greatest mistake and thats from a fan

not a poodle (Alan Niveen im stealing that, it turns out I liked it :D )

Edited by Mr Estranged

An "Axl Rose representative" is getting close to confirmation... but I still want to hear something from Axl or Merck about all this...

The annoying thing is that I'm ready to support whoever takes the damn stage... I'd just like to know who I'm supposed to get excited about though a little bit beforehand...

People have to realize that the moment Slash and Duff left Guns N' Roses, the band ceased being Guns N' Roses and became "GN'R"......the hibernating bear of Rock n' Roll. Since the moment the others left, reunions rumors have been thrown and tossed around left and right and everyone knows its not gonna happen. Me personally i would love for all of them to stop being children and just become pals again but I know that wont happen. I am looing foreward to what these other musicians have to show for their hard work, im looking foreward to what Axl has to show for these 10+ years. Im looking foreward to Chinese Democracy from GN'R (not Guns N' Roses") and im looking foreward to a badass tour from a badass band with a bandass frontman. Peace.

this is one of the funniest arguments i've heard on this in a while. GNR Not Guns N' Roses? So tell me, when Slash left and Duff was still in the band in 1997, was it still Guns N' Roses then? Or did it stop being Guns N' Roses when Duff left?

I still have the ticket stub from the show i saw in 02.. and I can indeed confirm that the name of the band is Guns N' Roses.

People have to realize that the moment Slash and Duff left Guns N' Roses, the band ceased being Guns N' Roses and became "GN'R"......the hibernating bear of Rock n' Roll. Since the moment the others left, reunions rumors have been thrown and tossed around left and right and everyone knows its not gonna happen. Me personally i would love for all of them to stop being children and just become pals again but I know that wont happen. I am looing foreward to what these other musicians have to show for their hard work, im looking foreward to what Axl has to show for these 10+ years. Im looking foreward to Chinese Democracy from GN'R (not Guns N' Roses") and im looking foreward to a badass tour from a badass band with a bandass frontman. Peace.

this is one of the funniest arguments i've heard on this in a while. GNR Not Guns N' Roses? So tell me, when Slash left and Duff was still in the band in 1997, was it still Guns N' Roses then? Or did it stop being Guns N' Roses when Duff left?

I still have the ticket stub from the show i saw in 02.. and I can indeed confirm that the name of the band is Guns N' Roses.

http://www.alcalapetcare.com/images/poodle-show-akc.jpg

on a related note how do you post images on this damn site :)

Edited by Mr Estranged

Axls dillusion when did you become a fan of guns n roses pre 2000? or after

i can understand some people like you prefer the new guns but some people think that guns n roses died back in 199/1997 when slash and duff went. you cant critizise people coz of something they like. some prefer "original" guns (like myself) and some prfer new guns (like you). you gotta accept people prefer differant versions of the band. hes its still guns n roses

Axl is pretty busy erasing all of Buckethead's guitar parts on the album. It probably delayed the release a few months. This summer the Axl Rose Band might actually play some stuff. We'll see how it goes. Axl's been toying around with his solo album for nigh a decade. Hopefully it is released soon.

Yeah that makes perfect sense. Bucket has been hone for how long? Axl is just now erasing the parts.

For future reference if you're just making rampant speculation on something you might not want to indicate that, not try to pass it off as fact.

Nothing is "going on." Geez - I've been a fan since '88, and I'll say that right now this is WORSE than it's been in the last few months. We hear leaks to wet our appetite, and then no one says a damn thing, which makes me want the album even more.

Apparently (allegedly?) some shows are less than two months away, and we can't get an official statement out of anyone - the band, Merck, the record company etc. etc.

Bash me all you want for this, but I'll still be a fan of Axl, and I'll STILL remain frustrated by not hearing anything. But the people who say "stop living in the past" don't understand. A lot of them have no idea what it was like hearing and seeing Gn'R consistently when most of the original band (minus Steven) was still together, recording AND plying live.

You have no idea how big it was. That last tour was just a sample This "new" band wasn't around long enough to leave people wanting more, like the old band was. I find it comical how people can say "Oh, this band is much better." Based on WHAT? A few live shows and studio demos that we have no idea who was playing on them?

OK, sorry I'm rambling. But remember - just because I like old Gn'R and I'm frustrated doesn't mean that I've stopped waiting for Axl's next move.

The shooting down of the reunion rumours doesn't bother me, they were extremely unlikely anyway. What does bother me, is the possibility of rifts in the VR camp. If that's true, whether you want Slash back in GnR or not is irrelevant because Slash wont be in any band at all... then everybody loses.

Wrong. If Slash doesn't come back to GNR and VR breaks up, I wont be losing any sleep over it. He left 10 fucking years ago. who cares.

I want you to know you that if I were an admin I would already have you banned :fuckyou:

Isn't funny that this was posted on April Fools Day?

Nothing is "going on." Geez - I've been a fan since '88, and I'll say that right now this is WORSE than it's been in the last few months. We hear leaks to wet our appetite, and then no one says a damn thing, which makes me want the album even more.

Apparently (allegedly?) some shows are less than two months away, and we can't get an official statement out of anyone - the band, Merck, the record company etc. etc.

Bash me all you want for this, but I'll still be a fan of Axl, and I'll STILL remain frustrated by not hearing anything. But the people who say "stop living in the past" don't understand. A lot of them have no idea what it was like hearing and seeing Gn'R consistently when most of the original band (minus Steven) was still together, recording AND plying live.

You have no idea how big it was. That last tour was just a sample This "new" band wasn't around long enough to leave people wanting more, like the old band was. I find it comical how people can say "Oh, this band is much better." Based on WHAT? A few live shows and studio demos that we have no idea who was playing on them?

OK, sorry I'm rambling. But remember - just because I like old Gn'R and I'm frustrated doesn't mean that I've stopped waiting for Axl's next move.

I agree that no one should be calling the new band better than the old one. I mean, if CD comes out and some weird soul likes it more than Appetite, which is possible, then they can like the new band more, but they still wouldn't be better. Nobody can match the old band, and this is known by all. However, these new reunion rumours are simply ridiculous and are more frustrating than the silence. But, that's my opinion. I'd rather these reunion matters be put to rest so we can attempt to accept the new band when the album is released.

People want a reunion. That's natural. But, it would just be confusing at this point, considering VR recording a new album, not to mention the tour GN'R are going on in May. Some of you may think this is the perfect time to show a reunited Guns, but it isn't. What happens if the reunited band starts to dislike Axl and his new music once again? History repeats itself, and if a reunited band broke up again, people would just end up confused and pissed again. Maybe I'm the only one who sees a reunion as being only a perfect dream, and something that really wouldn't help in reality. Being realistic has to take over here. Just try to realize that a reunion isn't all fairy dust and meadows. There can always be a heavy backlash if it happened to fail, and the total legacy of GN'R would be in extreme danger if it happened again.

I agree that no one should be calling the new band better than the old one. I mean, if CD comes out and some weird soul likes it more than Appetite, which is possible, then they can like the new band more, but they still wouldn't be better. Nobody can match the old band, and this is known by all. However, these new reunion rumours are simply ridiculous and are more frustrating than the silence. But, that's my opinion. I'd rather these reunion matters be put to rest so we can attempt to accept the new band when the album is released.

People want a reunion. That's natural. But, it would just be confusing at this point, considering VR recording a new album, not to mention the tour GN'R are going on in May. Some of you may think this is the perfect time to show a reunited Guns, but it isn't. What happens if the reunited band starts to dislike Axl and his new music once again? History repeats itself, and if a reunited band broke up again, people would just end up confused and pissed again. Maybe I'm the only one who sees a reunion as being only a perfect dream, and something that really wouldn't help in reality. Being realistic has to take over here. Just try to realize that a reunion isn't all fairy dust and meadows. There can always be a heavy backlash if it happened to fail, and the total legacy of GN'R would be in extreme danger if it happened again.

Thats one post that won't disappoint, all of it spot on :)

Guest RonMexico82

This is bullshit. Why you say?

1: It's from blabberbullshitmouth

2: Its April 1st

3: Where is the official statement - easy to claim Axl's "representative" said this, therefore not having to give an actual NAME of said representative.

4: These rumours have been around for ages and you honestly think that Axl or his "representative" waits until SATURDAY APRIL 1ST to shoot them down.

5: Velvet Revolver are awful quite about this i.e. Where the fuck did Slash's official statement go???

I think people worry about April Fools Day too much. Are all the major news organizations supposed to shut down for the day or something? April 1st last year was the best day for Gn'R fans for years.

R.

I think people worry about April Fools Day too much. Are all the major news organizations supposed to shut down for the day or something? April 1st last year was the best day for Gn'R fans for years.

R.

indeed. Although if this is statement is infact legit(which I believe it to be). seeing the Slash returning talk die down will be almost as nice :)

The shooting down of the reunion rumours doesn't bother me, they were extremely unlikely anyway. What does bother me, is the possibility of rifts in the VR camp. If that's true, whether you want Slash back in GnR or not is irrelevant because Slash wont be in any band at all... then everybody loses.

Wrong. If Slash doesn't come back to GNR and VR breaks up, I wont be losing any sleep over it. He left 10 fucking years ago. who cares.

I want you to know you that if I were an admin I would already have you banned :fuckyou:

Why because he enjoys the new band and sees how they fucking kick ass and rock the shit out of the old band. You need to stop living in the past :fuckyou:. Why do yyou want slash back so much fink rocks he does amazing solos and GNR DOES NOT NEED SLASH GET OVER IT :fuckyou:

Why because he enjoys the new band and sees how they fucking kick ass and rock the shit out of the old band. You need to stop living in the past :fuckyou:. Why do yyou want slash back so much fink rocks he does amazing solos and GNR DOES NOT NEED SLASH GET OVER IT :fuckyou:

You like FINCK so much yet you can't spell his name correctly??? And most people do enjoy the old band more. I don't see how it's a crime.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

yup, thanks! And it doesn't even matter old vs new, who you like more. The fact of the matter is this project has been in the making for far too long, far too money has gone into it, and the band has been loyal to Axl, etc etc... Why anyone wouldn't want to see this thing launch so we can get a reunion/greatest hits tour is far beyond me :book:

The mods like him, he won't be banned.

You like FINCK so much yet you can't spell his name correctly??? And most people do enjoy the old band more. I don't see how it's a crime.

Sorry i suck at typing fuck stick! And enjoy the old band all you want sit on your comp and watch old concerts ill go to the shows and support axl the new band and have a fucking blast doing so. and ill watch finck do better then slash ever did. You say you love axl but yet you can only talk about slash and how much you love him guess you dont like axl at all. The vr section is a few spots down bud it may be good for you.

And Disillusion i agree why do people want CD to be thrown away and have a stupid fucking reunion party? Sounds dumb to me so i guess we arent gnr fans because we like the new band.

Edited by Colt 1911