Son Of A Gun

Guest RonMexico82

management do seem to be slow to communicate though.... :P

Madison is right though, like they didn't know what was going on. :krider:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Management did not want these tracks to be leaked.

R.

;) thats the truth.

James S.

Interesting.

Tell me guys - do you honestly think that if somebody in the GNR camp had deliberately - and strategically - carefully planned and orchestrated the leaks in order to get feedback or "test" tracks that they would turn around and tell you about it? And do you honestly think it was just a coincidence that tracks (that were recorded years ago and managed to stay off the Net for years) would suddenly and explicably appear all at once - and from multiple sources at exactly the same time? And when they did leak, do you think it was just an oversight and coincidence that they waited more than 12 hours before asking the forums to remove them (even though the forums contacted them right away)?

... Hey - *shrugs* - just asking. :book:

I don't remember in which thread I read this but there's a poster who wrote something like :

"Sometimes it's a way to leave things behind"

It made me think a bit ...

I was thinking along last night, that maybe the reason why these new tracks have been leaked is just to give the fans demo tape versions (Wouldn't be official I 'm sure) so that this summer tour they at least know what to go along with, so that when they play these songs, the fans wouldn't just stand there not knowing what to expect. In my opinion I think leaking non-final but high quality versions of tracks that would be played on shows makes perfect sense.

<_< I think your right.When UYI tour was coming around here,I had both copy's of UYI 1 & 2(the difference here was they were official) 2 week's ahead of time.A friend of mine gave them to me (can't mention where he work's).I believe your right.I will give the fan's time to know the word's to the song's so,when they play them....no one is left in the dark on which song their playing.I believe Axl's got his feeler's on to see fan reaction. :rolleyes: Rock on!!! rock3

R.

;) thats the truth.

James S.

Interesting.

Tell me guys - do you honestly think that if somebody in the GNR camp had deliberately - and strategically - carefully planned and orchestrated the leaks in order to get feedback or "test" tracks that they would turn around and tell you about it? And do you honestly think it was just a coincidence that tracks (that were recorded years ago and managed to stay off the Net for years) would suddenly and explicably appear all at once - and from multiple sources at exactly the same time? And when they did leak, do you think it was just an oversight and coincidence that they waited more than 12 hours before asking the forums to remove them (even though the forums contacted them right away)?

Exactly! And they get leaked right around the time Axl starts resurfacing.

It makes perfect sense that they would want to leak a handful of tracks to get the buzz going if they are going to be touring this summer. The GNR camp has proven a couple things with absolute certainty over these past many years and that is they know how to guard the material and control the flow of information. The timing here seems obvious...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Interesting.

I know i'm going to get the whole tell people what you know thing here. But whenever i have contacted/been contacted by management there are always interesting addresses in the CC section - including people listed on this page with the words 'check the version' - which to me makes it sound to me that they were not leaked by management.

R.

I know i'm going to get the whole tell people what you know thing here. But whenever i have contacted/been contacted by management there are always interesting addresses in the CC section - including people listed on this page with the words 'check the version' - which to me makes it sound to me that they were not leaked by management.

R.

You're even more naive than I thought.

Sorry, just being honest.

As an aside - I hope you've stopped sending emails to people claiming you "run" mygnr as you did with the radio jock. You aren't even a mod here anymore and it would be misleading and confusing to suggest to people that you are contacting them on behalf of our forum. Just thought I'd mention that.

R.

As an aside - I hope you've stopped sending emails to people claiming you "run" mygnr as you did with the radio jock. You aren't even a mod here anymore and it would be misleading and confusing to suggest to people that you are contacting them on behalf of our forum. Just thought I'd mention that.

PWNED!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I was just waiting for my opportunity to say that.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

R.

on a side note, madison- can I be a mod?

Is this part of the reason why he chose to step down as mod?

PS. Axl Kev for mod. :unsure:

I'm just unsure why someone who has always been level with me would go to so much effort to hide that and why those people would respond to me. Also seems like a waste of people's time. Just seems like a massive hoax and wouldn't be worth the trouble.

As an aside - I hope you've stopped sending emails to people claiming you "run" mygnr as you did with the radio jock.

I have never said i ran mygnr. The DJ presumed that when i said "It would be cool if you could give a shout out to mygnrforum.com when you replay the interview". I wish i had never said that. Eric understood, shame you didn't :huh:

You aren't even a mod here anymore

I know - your first wish came true. You have two remaining.

It would be misleading and confusing to suggest to people that you are contacting them on behalf of our forum. Just thought I'd mention that.

As i have told you on more than one occasion - i have not contacted anyone as a rep of any forum or site. I have contacted them as myself without ties to anything.

R.

I was thinking along last night, that maybe the reason why these new tracks have been leaked is just to give the fans demo tape versions (Wouldn't be official I 'm sure) so that this summer tour they at least know what to go along with, so that when they play these songs, the fans wouldn't just stand there not knowing what to expect. In my opinion I think leaking non-final but high quality versions of tracks that would be played on shows makes perfect sense.

yes, good point! I hadn't thought of that. I mean really.. The fans is always happy if they can sing-a-long on the shows. Could absolutely be true. maybe. :)

I'm just unsure why someone who has always been level with me would go to so much effort to hide that and why those people would respond to me. Also seems like a waste of people's time. Just seems like a massive hoax and wouldn't be worth the trouble.

As an aside - I hope you've stopped sending emails to people claiming you "run" mygnr as you did with the radio jock.

I have never said i ran mygnr. The DJ presumed that when i said "It would be cool if you could give a shout out to mygnrforum.com when you replay the interview". I wish i had never said that. Eric understood, shame you didn't :huh:

It would be misleading and confusing to suggest to people that you are contacting them on behalf of our forum. Just thought I'd mention that.

As i have told you on more than one occasion - i have not contacted anyone as a rep of any forum or site. I have contacted them as myself without ties to anything.

R.

Wait does that qaulify as 'Counter-Pwnage'? I'm not clear on the whole 'owned' scene. Does anyone have a guide book?

R.

Wait does that qaulify as 'Counter-Pwnage'? I'm not clear on the whole 'owned' scene. Does anyone have a guide book?

HA.........neither was I until............

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=66817&st=0

R.

;) thats the truth.

James S.

Interesting.

i love u madison.. no more questions

the only thing that makes me believe they were intentional, was it took like a few days for them to say something about I.R.S., where as when it originally leaked, they were goin crazy. plus, this time we can actually understand the lyrics and we have the intro to the song. i'd think they'd go even crazier if a full and understandable copy was released rather than the chicken shit from last time.

also, it's odd that we have tracks from many different time periods. Catcher in the Rye is from 1999, because that's when Brian May went and did the guitar solos for the song in. Better, i assume, is fairly new, because up until the interview with Axl in January (i think, it may have been February), NO ONE knew about that song.

another thing is, the different sound qualities of the songs. I.R.S. is an obvious unpolished demo, where as There Was A Time and Better sound nearly CD worthy.

just some random things i've noticed.

Guest RonMexico82

There Was A Time is hardly cd worthy (in terms of sound quality). Plus I still say the majority of fans that are gonna show up at the new concerts will have not heard the new demos. So if its an attempt by the G N' R camp to make these songs familiar to the fans I say that their idea is going to fall flat on its ass.

Edited by RonMexico82

What's really interesting about all of this, is that if you play Better via iTunes, the album title comes up as "Untitled 11-07-2004" - so, obviously, someone had these burned to a disc as early as 2004, and they were being hoarded until now...

Read my post...

The Vegas '04 story holds up:

Play Better through iTunes: the album title comes up as "Untitled 11-07-2004"

-Jeff

Anyone could have put that date in, but I find it suspiciously accurate...

Edited by TheWildheart

I wish Madison and Estranged would have an own thread only for arguements. That'd be fun.

And here's to both of you: stop fucking bashing others for being OFF TOPIC!!

This is obscene.

Is Madison hot, anyone?

Edited by tbaugerud

Is this part of the reason why he chose to step down as mod?

No, i quit being a mod for many reasons. One of which was because of ridiculous and untrue accusations like that one.

R.