Guitar Playing in the New Material.

W. Axl Kev

The rhythm guitar playing is solid and tight. That being said, it lacks the type of telepathic interplay that Izzy and Slash had together. As far as the leads, the fills in Better berore the chorus give me chills, but the solo in the heavy part is a bit over the top. The slower solo is much better. The solo in I.R.S. is great, truly memorable. The TWAT solos don't really have a sense of forward motion and kind of repeat in a cyclical fashion. The CITR solo is genius.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to me it seems that for the most part, (besides some of buckethead's fast soloing), the guitar on the leaks is nothing more than mediocre. Its not bad, its just not anything speacial.

the solos are what makes it special

to me it seems that for the most part, (besides some of buckethead's fast soloing), the guitar on the leaks is nothing more than mediocre. Its not bad, its just not anything speacial.

the solos are important, but the riff is what makes the song what it is. Would SCOM have been the same song without that incredible opening riff?. riffs are what make the song speacial.

Edited by Ready2CrashandBurn

the solos are important, but the riff is what makes the song what it is. Would SCOM have been the same song without that incredible opening riff?. riffs are what make the song speacial.

i understand that but if you compaire a good song with a good riff and a shit solo and a song with a good riff and a good solo what would be best.