Latest Rumor from Metal Sludge

Just_a_little_patience

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be warned all GNR fans there is a serious amount of Bull flying around in the air, simple question why would Axl want Slash, Duff and Matt back in the band?

If these rumours turn out to be true then the album Chinese Democracy would be nowhere near completion.

I don't know too much about Axl but I guess he is a very loyal person, why would he spend 5 or more years of his life working with the current line up and simply to ditch them at the last minute to replace them with the old guys.

Axl has called GNR over the past 5 years a band and not a project even though the new guys do come across as session musicians (Dizzy being the exception) rather that fully fledged band members, but GNR is not an upcoming band are they, indeed they are on the comeback trail but I beleive its a band for the next 2 years should new material in the form of an album be released later this year.

Axl has often spoke about how the new guys have had an input into the new music with Axl being mainly in charge of the direction of the music.

The only chance we have of seeing Axl and Slash on stage together is if Slash is invited onto the stage as a GUEST, of course it breaks my heart to see the old band split but if Axl can put out a great record under the GNR name then I will forgive him for that.

So don't get too excited about a reunion, tour and new album, all we are getting is the current GNR and the tour with the hope of an album to be released shortly afterwards.

As for Slash and Duff, any publicity is good news that why they are not denying these rumours they are happy for them to continue beacuse everytime they surface Velvet Revolver will be mentioned, I wonder when the new Velvet Revolver album will be released, hmmmmm

There DOES seem to be ahem:cough TROUBLE in "Velvet Revolver" land.......(I always thought that name

sounded like a fucking Gay Bar............

Scotty-Boyaka Mr. Fraud has admitted he does have an eating disorder......so Bulmia? Anorexia?? what would account

for that "nightmare before xmas" body???

and do you REALLY expect the band to be called ANYTHING other than......

GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES??????

CHRIST!

W.

scottskellington4zl.png

"SCOTT SKELLINGTON - THE COCAINE KING"

I don´t know why but this pic reminds me of the main character of Poe´s " The fall of the house of Usher"

People are very excited about the idea of a reunion, which although you can never say never, I don´t see it happening.Also, most of the VR members are ex-gunners and if the rumours of shit and bad relations and possible break up plus $la$h leaving are true, how the hell would they go together again ? :rolleyes:

Axl has spent a lot of time in this record, there´s a tour right on the corner and he´s been working very hard with the actual members ( whether you like them or not) and he´s not that stupid to throw it all out.

The fact he´s talked or run into ex band members lately doesn´t mean they´re going to reunite, as I´ve said in another topic, maybe the time has just healed some wounds.

And don´t forget there are still two lawsuits pending, and don´t forget either the recent statement Axl gave some weeks ago...

simple question why would Axl want Slash, Duff and Matt back in the band?

Pretty simple answer. With S/D he managed to record and release quite possibly the greatest rock album ever written. Not to mention became the biggest band in the world with them. Without them, he has still yet to release an album, and couldn't sell out an American tour.

Maybe I am missing something here but life seemed alot easier and more productuve with them than without them. Not to mention the fact we still haven't heard a New Guns tune that surpasses his best work with S/D (WTTJ, SCOM,PC,NR,ESTRANGED.....and the list goes on).

simple question why would Axl want Slash, Duff and Matt back in the band?

Pretty simple answer. With S/D he managed to record and release quite possibly the greatest rock album ever written.

I did not know that those guys where in Led Zepplin and wrote Physical Graffiti.

GNR will never be fully reunited because Steve Adler will never be in a fit state to drum and calling Matt an original is like saying Gilby is more important than Izzy.

im happy VR may split soon because im disgusted with that band. how can you sing GNR songs without having axl on vocals?

what about cover bands.

It's so easy by VR is amazing - althougn i wouldn't go as far as to say it is better than GNR live, i think it is close.

Also - most people regard Matt as an original now because he played the drums on over half of GNRs tracks ;)

Edited by jamesfunnell

sludge goes into detail too about how many times they HAVE been right about rumors and things.

Here is another ONE- :P

To: metalsludge@metalsludge.tv

Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:49 AM

Subject: Gotta phone call about Slash & gnr

Hey Metal Sludge!

I just gotta phone call from a friend of mine who,well, uh...(i can't give out the source). But, remember all the rumor's about Kiss getting back together in 96? I didn't believe the reunion was gonna happen untill I got a phone call from someone inside the business. Well, I got that same phone call today. Seems Axl has offer'd Slash a quite a bit of money to return to Gn'R. Slash will be returning to Gn'R. When asked about Duff....there was no response. So get ready for 2/5 of the original Gn'R line up. If Duff does join or is asked to return to Gn'R....then in my eyes, it would be a Gn'R reunion.

-love ya

I guess Axl found the New Guitar player!

im happy VR may split soon because im disgusted with that band. how can you sing GNR songs without having axl on vocals?

what about cover bands.

the sound of the band can be replicated. the voice cannot.

i aggree with that but people can become close

what about cover bands.

Well, Axl can't replicate the voice anymore either, so we may have a problem here...

what about cover bands.

Well, Axl can't replicate the voice anymore either, so we may have a problem here...

and you know this HOW?????????

ohmygodihatestupidpeople

W.

and you know this HOW?????????

ohmygodihatestupidpeople

W.

Well, the 2002 tour, the VMA's, the 1992 tour, etc. The studio may be able to produce the voice, but not Axl. If you think he was a good singer live, then you've lost all your music credibility.

ohmygodihateknowitalls

Edited by hartjh14