A Presale Has Never Been Done Better

goldfinger19

Awesome, got rid of potential brokers and in reality, every fan who wanted tickets and was willing to invest time searching for a password should've gotten tickets. Were there any of you that still missed out because I was thinking about buying 4 more tickets to the first show as they were available 20 minutes+ after they went on sale. My hat goes off to the people that put this together, unlike yesterday this was a great way for the fans to get the tickets. Any comments on this?

Nicely executed. I was about ready to give up hope for going to the show if the presale for the 12th/14th went the same way as the one for the 15th/17th, but to my surprise I went right to the "tickets available" screen and purchased two floor tickets. Well done, Ticketmaster/Live Nation!

Nicely executed. I was about ready to give up hope for going to the show if the presale for the 12th/14th went the same way as the one for the 15th/17th, but to my surprise I went right to the "tickets available" screen and purchased two floor tickets. Well done, Ticketmaster/Live Nation!

I do not think this is unprecedented. I will research. But it was definately a good idea. Well executed. I was getting tickets out of every angle. I couldn't believe it. If I would have know, I would not have jad so much trepidation, and would have bought 2 or 4 at a time. Instead over half my tickets were purchased one by one. I di not imagine I would get so many. Lack of greedy sludge made this an awesome pre-sale.

I miscounted...I bought 21 today for a total of 23!!!

Edited by smokingarthur

Awesome, got rid of potential brokers and in reality, every fan who wanted tickets and was willing to invest time searching for a password should've gotten tickets. Were there any of you that still missed out because I was thinking about buying 4 more tickets to the first show as they were available 20 minutes+ after they went on sale. My hat goes off to the people that put this together, unlike yesterday this was a great way for the fans to get the tickets. Any comments on this?

AGREED! The first attempt at the presale was a joke to say the least. When true fans can't get tickets and there is a special format created for them to do so and 50% of the people fail to acquire tickets, you know it's fucked up. Now, the 12/14th presale was brilliant! Popping them on TM at the last minute provided many die-hard GNR fans with an opportunity for tix....EXCEPT one thing: There are A LOT of fans that did not make the presale password sign-up, and there are A LOT of assholes that don't get the concept of "fans", thus trying to horde the password. For Christ sake's we are not ticket scalpers, we are fans. Anyway, aside from the stupid fucks, this went pretty well. Got me sum tix ;)

PS - Goldfinger: You rock and you know why.

~M

yes much better today, and if you got tickets for friday...you are lucky like me....this is the show everyone will want to attend....friday night new york city Axl Fuckin Rose and Gn'R yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

want to thank all forum people who made this work out...much thanks and gratitude from my heart, THANK YOU !!!

So I've been checking the pre-sale this morning and it appears that the tickets seem to be easier to get floor seats for these new shows. They better sell-out...

I think it's simply because the scalpers don't know about these tickets - yet!

And it's just the fans from the forums who have access to them.

btw, I'm going to merge this thread with the other ones on the same topic. Let's keep all of the discussion on the new dates in one thread please.

I think this was the best pre-sale ever B) TM put up the page at 8:58...pure gunius rock3 ...like someone already said you could get floor tickets even 20 mintes after it started...I think they're all sold out now, I can't find any :drevil: not trying to buy though, just see.

It's cool to see that a lot of people who had problems with the 15 and 17 presales were able to score with the added shows!

I personally had no probs with the fan presale getting tickets for the 17th,I got through to ticketmaster right away (luck of the draw I guess)

This morning's presale was a smooth move...BUT,if there was ever a future presale for an arena tour,it would be a smart idea if fans just kept an eye on their email and shut the hell up on the boards...ZERO information for the lurkers.

PM with your friends and fellow fans behind the scenes perhaps until the presale is over....(this DID go on to some extent)

Score the tickets,THEN get on the boards and gab about it.

but hey....congrats on getting tickets everyone!

Thanks to all that made this possible. Excellent move announcing the first of the two dates at the last minute so that fans had access to the most sought-after shows. Now we can stop complaining about poor fan relations from Merck/Axl. Must have taken some clout from one of them to tell Ticketmaster what to do and how to do it.

... Popping them on TM at the last minute provided many die-hard GNR fans with an opportunity for tix....EXCEPT one thing: There are A LOT of fans that did not make the presale password sign-up, and there are A LOT of assholes that don't get the concept of "fans", thus trying to horde the password. For Christ sake's we are not ticket scalpers, we are fans.j..

Are you for real? :blink:

The reason people kept the password extremely quiet this time is because a majority of the diehard fans couldn't get a ticket the first time around. And the reason they couldn't get a ticket was because the password was leaked all over the place. Fans were smart not to leak it this time - they learned.

You can call them "assholes" and every name you like - but it worked well this time. The real fans got tickets - instead of the scalpers and fair-weather fans. (I have to admit I was surprised by the shockingly-high number of people who had fewer than 20 forum posts who managed to score tix yesterday while many of the dedicated diehard fans, who have thousands of posts, were shut out). So, today's pre-sale evened it all out. It was awesome.

The reason people kept the password extremely quiet this time is because a majority of the diehard fans couldn't get a ticket the first time around. And the reason they couldn't get a ticket was because the password was leaked all over the place. Fans were smart not to leak it this time - they learned.

You can call them "assholes" and every name you like - but it worked well this time. The real fans got tickets - instead of the scalpers and fair-weather fans. (I have to admit I was surprised by the shockingly-high number of people who had fewer than 20 forum posts who managed to score tix yesterday while many of the dedicated diehard fans, who have thousands of posts, were shut out). So, today's pre-sale evened it all out. It was awesome.

I agree - thankfully people wised up this time around...

And I know what you're saying, especially in this case with the forum pre-sale list and all, but I feel it has to be said that a person's post count or membership date doesn't necessarily mean they're a bigger/lesser fan.

Edited by JennaSide

although, I feel it has to be said that a person's post count or membership date doesn't necessarily mean they're a bigger/lesser fan

Agreed,I hung at the old mygnr board before and during the 2002 tour,after everything crashed and burned the board seemed to eventually turn into a generic conversation board and the interesting regulars seem to fall away.(no offence to anyone intended here by the way).

But it quickly reduced to "what's your fav GnR song" threads.

I've kept an eye on Eric's site to see what's up in GnR world,and when the leaked tracks hit the net recently,I ventured to back to see if any action was picking up...and BAM...here we are right back in the excitement of this beast known as GnR.

One of my best friends saw GnR open for the Cult in the 80's...he was COMPLETELY blown away (and he ain't easily impressed let me tell ya!)...he even left before the Cult were finished...GnR just fucking nailed him to the wall!

He gave me the heads up...and as of '91 I've gone to see GnR as often as possible.

I know a low post count makes it look like scalpers are looking for passwords etc (and often time it is)...but it some cases it is the opportunity to come back into the fold and celebrate the return of Axl (and whoever!).

Fairweather fans??..perhaps in some cases...but in other cases it's fans who have seen it,heard it, read it ALL....and now the opportunity has arisen for some fresh input and conversation.

By the way...the topic about GnR fans having "baggage" is one of the best god damned threads re: GnR that I have ever read.

It's cool to see the forums back at full throttle...just hope not too many "AXL SUCKS" idiots show up...that is so damned tedious!

anyway...cheers...and rock on fellow Gunners

Sounds like a pretty good presale.

Pre-sales are normally a bit scrappy because all the hardcore fans try to buy on it. Also btw it makes no differnce once your through if you want 1 or 4 tickets normally.

As for ticket scalpers they dont make up that many sales no more than 5%. 5% too many in my opinion.

... Popping them on TM at the last minute provided many die-hard GNR fans with an opportunity for tix....EXCEPT one thing: There are A LOT of fans that did not make the presale password sign-up, and there are A LOT of assholes that don't get the concept of "fans", thus trying to horde the password. For Christ sake's we are not ticket scalpers, we are fans.j..

There's a distinct difference between PMing "known" forum members and GNR fans vs. openly posting passwords. Sorry this wasn't clear, I was refering to "assholes" and every other word I can think of to describe those hording the password from "known" fans and forum members who missed the sign-up.

~M