Battle of the Bands

Well me and a few friends from school are entering the battle of the bands. Its just like a fun thing we do and really only play at school normally. Anyhoo, we have a kinda set list, just thinking of people's opinion's.

We're really only doing simple stuff because we are in year 12 and have very big exams like a week after, so we don't have much in the way of practice time.

Paradise City [intro] (Intro + Chorus only)

Can't Get my Head around you - (offspring cover)

She's on Fire (Song i wrote with another member http://www.soundclick.com/gavincampbell )

Jam/solo section

Your Love (The Outfield - its our bass players last gig and she is the daughter of The outfields - Tony Lewis \m/ http://www.myspace.com/therealoutfield

Any other ideas?? Keep it simple people please because we have under a week to get this done around lots of other things. As musicians we are competant (17 year olds) our drummer isn't amazing but any great brain waves??

Edited by life_247

well to covers theres a good and a bad

playing a song everyone knows is great and will gain popularity

if people know the song they will know ur mistakes

id try a song that can be done anyway possible if u do a cover, like knockin on heavens door, classics such as that

Good shout with Since You've Been Gone and Highway To Hell (and on a similar note, Back In Black)

Depending what sort of music you like, maybe do some Blink 182? Easy as pie to play. If you're playing for sixth formers, maybe play some newer songs? Can't be too hard to knock a few Oasis, Razorlight, Libertines songs out. Mostly powerchords with a few fancy riffs. Have fun.

what would be a cool idea is to take a pop song and make it dirty...

Someone said "since u been gone"...not sure what version that person was talking about...but a good idea would be to take the kelly clarkson song...and make it sound like a buckcherry song...

Or..like Marylin Manson did a version of 'hit me baby one more time'....made it sound really evil and masochistic...

If you can sing really well...do a ballad....and do the ballad slower and with strings...(keyboard sounds)..

it depends of the style of music u are looking forward and your skill level

metal: enter sandman (metallica), a tout le monde (megadeth), fade to black (metallica)

Hard rock: back in black, highway to hell, shook me all night long, welcome to the jungle, SCOM, knockin on heavens door, dont cry, you could be mine, etc

punk/punk-rock: i wanna be sedated (ramones), basket case (greenday), when i come around (greenday)

rock n roll: satisfaction, start me up, let it be, yesterday, wild horses, angie (stones & beatles)

Keep it simple
metal: enter sandman (metallica), a tout le monde (megadeth), fade to black (metallica)

Hard rock: back in black, highway to hell, shook me all night long, welcome to the jungle, SCOM, knockin on heavens door, dont cry, you could be mine, etc

punk/punk-rock: i wanna be sedated (ramones), basket case (greenday), when i come around (greenday)

rock n roll: satisfaction, start me up, let it be, yesterday, wild horses, angie (stones & beatles)

Not The Simplest Of Songs...

Keep it simple

Not The Simplest Of Songs...

my bad :rofl-lol: