Chris Pittman - what is he doing here??

Axls_Disillusion

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What insturment is Chris Pittman playing here?

This is my favorite version of this song, but everytime I see that part I always wonder wtf this dude is doing. Anyone?

Who is Chris Pittman?

he's the one who looks likea member of the village ppl.

lol I wonder if he is gay....

nah i doubt it.

on the 2002 tour he had the coolest keyboards i've ever seen. they were like.. flopppy.

What insturment is Chris Pittman playing here?

This is my favorite version of this song, but everytime I see that part I always wonder wtf this dude is doing. Anyone?

Who is Chris Pittman?

he's the one who looks likea member of the village ppl.

lol I wonder if he is gay....

nah i doubt it.

on the 2002 tour he had the coolest keyboards i've ever seen. they were like.. flopppy.

Like the one Sixx has during his solo?

He's adding percussion which obviously no one can hear over 3 roaring electric guitars, a bass and drums. If you've ever seen Santana perform the instrument he's playing is used a lot. It's not really meant for a hard rock band!

Unfortunately since 80% of Guns N Roses songs don't have keyboards, programming or piano that doesn't leave Dizzy Reed or Chris Pittman much to do on stage. So instead of leaving the stage they stay on and do goofy thing like add congas to "Welcome To The Jungle" and techno effects to "You Could Be Mine." They also serve as backup singers to Tommy, Robin and Richard. (I guess those three chicks from the UYI world tour weren't available).

Chris Pittman is the most useless onstage. It's like he won the lottery, every fan's dream. "Stand on stage and pretend to play your keyboard. Don't actually play it, just rock it back in forth in time with the songs. Oh and add inaudible percussion to heavy tunes."

Now you know why Dizzy's so loyal. He's been kept on the payroll of the heaviest band in rock for 16 years. And basically had to do nothing except play piano on a few tunes. My favorite show was the gig at the Ritz in 1991. Dizzy stayed off stage and only appeared when his piano playing was needed. On songs like "Estranged" "Pretty Tied Up" and "Bad Obsession." No congas for "Mr. Brownstone."

Guns N Roses doesn't need a full time keyboard player onstage. Much less TWO full time keyboard players.

Unfortunately since 80% of Guns N Roses songs don't have keyboards, programming or piano that doesn't leave Dizzy Reed or Chris Pittman much to do on stage.

Actually, most now do. There are effects in most, if not every Gn'R song, they occasionly synth parts, and control the microphones with the sound techies.

So instead of leaving the stage they stay on and do goofy thing like add congas to "Welcome To The Jungle" and techno effects to "You Could Be Mine." They also serve as backup singers to Tommy, Robin and Richard. (I guess those three chicks from the UYI world tour weren't available).

They'd look stupid if they left, and the music needs much more manly voices!

on mygnr.com it's an everyday thang to see sarcastic threads or post of the type "chris pittman = god" or more often, "chris pittman = gnr", and i have seen similar posts on this forum. how can you, as guns n' roses fans, hate on a longtime member of the band? obviously he's important or axl wouldn't keep him, plus i have a feeling we will really see what he's made of when chinese democracy drops. in the meantime, if you don't care for silkworms (which i personally like the keyboard/synth work in), check out catcher in the rye. his work there is awesome. stop the hate or find another band.