Official 3rd Guitarist Guessing Thread

zrose27

from cd.com

Ok so close freind of my family was recently signed to universal records (backj in september with his band "Shaker". He was down in Hollywood and trhough studio sessions met Axl rose. NOw the other day my steopdad said to me and i quote "Dan (thats the guys name) hooked up with Axl from GNR and it looks like he is going to replace that Buckethead." THAT IS IT, i am not a huge GNR fan myself so i did not inquire any more from him. Anyway his name is Dan (dunno his last name) and his old band was Shaker, there ya go.

Belive me or dont belive, but wen the time come's..then the truth will be seen. NYC.

(My name is alex and this guy with this story is my a real close buddy of mine and i wanted to post it up..but he came on my accoutn posted it cuz i wanted him to tell the story, and im not one to post bullshit this is it but im not trying to start anything so its up to you to belive me we wont know until NYC.)

Your a moron...he's the lead singer to a gay ass canadian bad. there is no way he's in GNR.

He is friends with Betas son and if you look at his myspace they are wishing him well in NY and telling him congrats. Gee congrats on what in NY?

You're not a GNR fan, yet you hear a rumour about a replacement guitarist and just " Happen " to know that everyone on these boards would be dying to hear what you say?

You're a disturbed and confused young man

Are you talking to me? If so, ask anyone on this board and they will vouch for me. I am just passing along info that I found on another board. If this turns out true what are you going to say for yourself?

Edited by gnr-dave

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from cd.com

Ok so close freind of my family was recently signed to universal records (backj in september with his band "Shaker". He was down in Hollywood and trhough studio sessions met Axl rose. NOw the other day my steopdad said to me and i quote "Dan (thats the guys name) hooked up with Axl from GNR and it looks like he is going to replace that Buckethead." THAT IS IT, i am not a huge GNR fan myself so i did not inquire any more from him. Anyway his name is Dan (dunno his last name) and his old band was Shaker, there ya go.

Belive me or dont belive, but wen the time come's..then the truth will be seen. NYC.

(My name is alex and this guy with this story is my a real close buddy of mine and i wanted to post it up..but he came on my accoutn posted it cuz i wanted him to tell the story, and im not one to post bullshit this is it but im not trying to start anything so its up to you to belive me we wont know until NYC.)

stupid promo stunt

LOCK THIS THREAD.......and why not check out my band while we're at it.

www.myspace.com/moneyshotca

I have it on good authority that the 3rd guitarist is none other than legendary rocker axl rose!!!!!

Notice Axl never said new guitarist..he said 3rd guitarist!!!

source www.axlroseisthe3rdguitaristhonest.com

Edited by coeus2k

My official guess is...

Brian May

...I thought about that before. I mean if he has done "one" song for GNR and his guitar worked out very, very nice he can do another one too...Why not him to "support" the band

remeber...

BUCKETHEAD = BRIAN MAY ;)

I know, I know everyone is getting tired of the mystery guitarist talk. I took it upon myself to hunt down each and every possible suspect haha Basically, I decided that the most suspicious character, was Daniel Brooks from the band Shaker. One guy said that he had a credible source that claimed it was Daniel and then a couple others checked out his band/myspace: I did the same. His band is very light, almost in the ambient field and he, well doesn't really fit the supposed GNR "look". A couple of the comments on his myspace were as follows: "How's life in NYC" (when he is from Canada). Supposedly one of his best friends who plays in another band, who wouldn't just say this since there is comments from him that go way back says, "congrats man

shred faces and have the time of your life

much love and rock and roll to save your soul " and "Dan is the man with the master plan! " hmmm.... Some more, "New York looks so hot on you!!!! Pepper, please give Daniel back to me....I need my 2'oclock rendevous, noodle strifrys and pocky!!

That sounds soooooo trashy " and another one, "i've heard of me... lol. nice. hope the nyc is/was everything it always is/was... the senator there is hillary clinton... much less impressive methinks... the subterranean homesick alien says hello... l8r bro. " So after reading those comments, I messaged supposedly, his "best friend". I asked him if there was anything extra special going on with this Daniel character with a particular band? He replied this morning, and he said, "Hey man just a couple questions first.

Who are you ?

How do you know me?

How do you know Shaker?

Hope to hear from you soon?

Now it's just my opinion but I think this guy would've just said no there's not and had no idea what I was talking about, instead he basically sent a quick interrogation e-mail. Call me crazy, but I am extremely suspicious. I sent him an e-mail back and answered all the questions without specifically mentioning GNR, so I wouldn't scare him off. Keep posted and hopefully, I'll have an update by the end of the day.

P.S.-I know some of you are going to say just wait until Friday I was going to wait until Friday, but then I felt like I was onto something with this Daniel Brooks character, and if you still dont agree with trying to find out now, then simply don't read my posts.

Ron

Guest roses_are_red

why cant u just wait for 2 days and u'll find out? :confused:

axl wants it to be surprise, not something u expect.

You guys really are foolish to think that it's a secret because it's someone famous. Chances are it's nobody anyone knows, that's why he's keeping it secret, to avoid looking dumb and then having to explain why he made such a decision. It's so rediculous, thinking anyone can just be in GNR and be legitimate.

I think this was already talked about.. but anyway..

I think the new guitarist is someone pretty famous.. That's why Axl didn't give it away on the radio show..

or he just wants it to be a suprise

You guys really are foolish to think that it's a secret because it's someone famous. Chances are it's nobody anyone knows, that's why he's keeping it secret, to avoid looking dumb and then having to explain why he made such a decision. It's so rediculous, thinking anyone can just be in GNR and be legitimate.

If anything Axl would look stupid keeping a no-name as the secret.

Wow, you really are an Axl hater aren't you?

Edited by Forsaken