**Official**GNR show for the 12th live blog - official thread

darknemus

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnUlmer

I won't lie, I feel a bit disappointed. I was hoping for something really fantastic to happen - at least one new song we hadn't heard - but I'm not going to complain. I understand they may play other songs later on and change the setlist. It just seemed a bit too similar to 2002 for me, I was kinda hoping we'd get songs like Yesterdays, Estranged, Don't Cry, etc.

I'm also disappointed in the coverage. Thought we'd have a bit more by now - photos, small audio clips, whatever. I guess everyone's still getting back from the show. I just thought with the amount of MyGNR fans going to the show they'd be sending stuff straight to the forum before they were even out the doors.

As for Bumblefoot...at least he doesn't talk with a puppet - but eh. I don't think Axl's gonna get away without any criticism from the press on that one. "GUITARIST WITH BUCKET FOR A HEAD LEAVES BAND; REPLACED BY GUITARIST WITH A FOOT FOR A GUITAR."

So no one is confirming if Finck was there? Eddie and his VH1 buddy couldn't name a 3rd guitarist after 4Tus and Bumblefoot.

Finck were there! and of waht i heard he did a hell of a performance! :heart:

he even did a stage dive i think

awesome. Finck rocks

rock3

So no one is confirming if Finck was there? Eddie and his VH1 buddy couldn't name a 3rd guitarist after 4Tus and Bumblefoot.

kinky-Fincky is the man rock1

Ha-hAA!!

How did this guy play?

I dont give two shits what he looked like!!

UK SUBS.

He's one of the best in the world, atm. I'm sure he was great.

It's the setlist and same old mistakes from Axl that are dissapointing.

isnt bucket the 8th best or something? doesnt matter, i want some bootlegs!!! i wanna hear this footman

JamieViolent.

EDIT: im off to shower, if any bootlegs come can someone PM me the links? thanks :):heart:

Edited by J-Studham

kinky-Fincky is the man rock1

hell yeah, his one of my favs :)

Guest JohnUlmer
So, is it worthwhile to stay up to wait for audio?? I don't want to do it for nothing.

I second that question.

And I really thought we would have heard from darknemus by now to be honest. I don't want to go to bed right before people start signing in here and sharing stories...

I told my friend a couple days ago that i wouldn't care who was on stage as long a Axl was there. Well, I retract that comment. Come on!!!! the big suprise guitar player is Bumblefuck Egypt. seriously how can a band taken seriously with a guy with a foot for guitar. Don't get me wrong, im happy the band is playing, but this is really the only complaint i have. i'd never thought i'd see a guy with a more stupid gimick than buckethead.

But what are you gonna do, can't wait till the fall.

Can't anyone just respect them for their awesome music, at least wait until the bootlegs come out before bashing.

maybe i put it wrong. apparently the guy is good enough to play gnr songs. but there was a lot of hype coming into the show about who the new guitar player would be. i especially started to believe the hype after hearing how axl wanted to keep it a secret on eddie's show. and to get yet another guy with a stupid gimick was very disappointing in my eyes. I'm sure i would have been totally cool with it though if he just went by his normal name (minus the foot giutar).

Edited by Young Gunner

I'm home... holy fuck... that was amazing. Axl possibly looks even hotter than he did back in the day! I was close enough to see the beads of sweat on his face, and I'm tellin ya - that man is gorgeous. Anyway... i'm going to type up a "review" of sorts, but I gotta say that this band IS BACK!!! I cried like a baby, it was so beautiful. Oh man, guys... this is an exciting year

I just can't stand people that hate this Bumblefoot already without even hearing him play the songs that we all love so much.. You have to be really vain if it is because of his guitar..

Give the guy a chance

Edited by Vadin

I just can't stand people that hate this Bumblefoot already without even hearing him play the songs that we all love so much.. You have to be really vain if it is because of his guitar..

Give the guy a chance

Do you think everyone who can play GnR songs is good enough to play in GnR???

Is it just that needed???