**Official**GNR show for the 12th live blog - official thread

darknemus

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to read about your concerns re Bumblefoot's guitar and things like that.

Not here to start fights, just interested in what he's up to musically as always. You guys are truly lucky to have him in the band - won't find a more dedicated, warm hearted and down to earth guy that plays his arse off anywhere near what this man does. Hope you all at least give him a chance rather than bashing before you've even heard him play. You won't be dissapointed I garuntee you that.

Just for the record he sings his arse off too. I'm not sure on what the band does backing vocal wise, but this is a BIGTIME asset for any band. Have seen a video of him hitting Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills" note perfect.

But anyway, enjoy that your band is back folks :)

Kool & the Gang @ 9:00PM EST

we are in standing next to actor from Plus Fiction, the one Willis killed.

Bada Bing! @ 9:02PM EST

Furio (Federico Castelluccio) from the Sopranos is also there.

http://www.antimusic.com/dayinrock/gnr/

lots of famous people

Ummm..doesnt Bruce Willis kill John travolta!?

Well thats one of them. He could be talking about the boxer... haha. or Zed. who knows!

Guest JohnUlmer

Kool & the Gang @ 9:00PM EST

we are in standing next to actor from Plus Fiction, the one Willis killed.

Bada Bing! @ 9:02PM EST

Furio (Federico Castelluccio) from the Sopranos is also there.

http://www.antimusic.com/dayinrock/gnr/

lots of famous people

Ummm..doesnt Bruce Willis kill John travolta!?

Well thats one of them. He could be talking about the boxer... haha. or Zed. who knows!

It was Peter Greene, who played the rapist Zed.

Just scrolled down and read about 65 pages. Thanx to everybody who made this possible and gave us this great updates. It seems that the Guns are back. It makes me more curious to see them live and what songs they are gonna perform on the next ??? shows.

Could anyone post a quick guide to downloading a video from rapidshare?

I have NO idea how to do it!!!!

first click FREE ,than you will have to wait 21 sec and that write 3 or 2 letters (you'll find it;it says ''here'')

and click download

Okay… well, I started out at Mustang Harry’s, met some cool people, headed over around 7 - the line was around the block… it was about 3 blocks long and I didn’t actually get into the building until like 8:30. My friend and I then rushed up front as close to the stage as possible, we ended up really close. Bullet opened. They got booed. They played about 45 mins, then GNR went on at 11. They opened with Jungle, then It’s So Easy and Mr. Brownstone, although during these I have no idea what was going on, my friend and I were fighting for our lives. I literally thought I was going to break some ribs, there was some serious violence up front. Then they went into Better and things started calming down a little… I think a lot of people were like “what the hell song is this?” You could really tell the true fans because we knew every word to every song, while some people just stood there during the leak songs…. Anyway, Axl chatted about how much he loves New York City. He also commented on how some people think they know what’s going on in the band, but they don’t. He said Better was a Robin song, to clarify it to all those shit-talkers who think they know all the inside info, but don’t. On they played… he introduced the band. Bumblefoot did a semi-lengthy solo, he has a foot-shaped guitar. He was good, I mean I know he has giant shoes to fill, but I’ll give respect where it’s due. Dizzy was shirtless and for a while I thought he was naked because his pants were pretty low and you couldn’t see ‘em behind the keyboard. Lol… Anyway… Axl joked before he went into IRS, something about “I see you guys singing along, little motherfuckers, you must’ve downloaded ‘em” or something’ haha… Baz came out and sang My Michelle, it was fuckin’ awesome. Axl played piano on November Rain… this is where I started crying. It was just surreal, I don’t know… I lost it. Anyway, all the guitarists got in their fair share of solos, and they all sounded great. They’ve really rehearsed this set… and, no, it’s not the original line-up, but they didn’t do all that many “original” songs, so you really got to hear what the new guys have added to it.

As far as merch goes, there were a few new GNR Hammerstein shirts.

Oh! Axl got in a dig about Matt… when he introduced Brain he said something like “where the hell was this guy when we hired Matt”

There was pyro a few times and some red and yellow confetti at the end. No mention of a release date, no unheard songs, no real rants…

Over-all, it blew me away. It was as great as I had imagined it and then-some... seriously, this is an exciting year

That sounds AMAZING.

AHH I wish I lived anywhere close to New York.

..I think I might actually pass out or something from excitement if I were there in NYC with you guys!

first click FREE ,than you will have to wait 21 sec and that write 3 or 2 letters (you'll find it;it says ''here'')

and click download

Grr. I keep getting download session invalid.

Anyone know how to get around it?

You have to do everything a little bit faster.

and click download

they are really bad clips, bad noise, i really wouldn't bother

(no offence to whoever recorded them, we love you)

and click download

maybe this helps?

http://download.yousendit.com/860FF3826AC9E00A