**Official**GNR show for the 12th live blog - official thread

darknemus

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnUlmer

Does anyone even just have a short clip? I just want to hear Axl's voice and compare it to '02. Can someone describe it? Does it sound more like UYI era or is it still high-pitched?

Alright so I just spent about 45 minutes reading through this 78 page thread... :o

I'm so psyched up right now I can't believe they are actually back!

Bumblefoot: :unsure:

The foot guitar...its just...no. This guy makes me want to see a guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head again, and that's not good. Yeah yeah yeah all you guys are saying " Oh, I don't care what he looks like blah blah blah it's all about the playing". But seriously this guy is a joke!

To sum that up in 2 words: SLASH PLEASE. :)

Well it sounds like axl's voice was in good shape from what we've heard eh? Thats great! I wish so badly I could have been there!

I thought it was funny finck was crowdsurfing :rofl-lol:

Anyway, instead of expieriencing one of the best concerts of my life tonight like some of you did, I cranked up the Tokyo '92 concert on the big screen tv rock3

Can't wait for updates!!!! :)

Now that all the haters know that Slash is not back, maybe they will all go the fuck away and listen to their Slash's Snakepit CDs. If Slash is such a god, all his releases should be stellar, right? Too bad those cd's suck. Slash is only as good as the musicians he surrounds himself with.

You Bumblefoot bashers really need to lighten up and open your minds. This is rock and roll -- anything goes. Regardless, Bumblefoot is without a doubt one of the greatest guitarists on the planet. He was voted #1 out of the top 100 guitarists on the planet!!!! Why do you think Gn'R wanted him?

Do your research.

Alright so I just spent about 45 minutes reading through this 78 page thread... :o

I'm so psyched up right now I can't believe they are actually back!

Bumblefoot: :unsure:

The foot guitar...its just...no. This guy makes me want to see a guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head again, and that's not good. Yeah yeah yeah all you guys are saying " Oh, I don't care what he looks like blah blah blah it's all about the playing". But seriously this guy is a joke!

To sum that up in 2 words: SLASH PLEASE. :)

Well it sounds like axl's voice was in good shape from what we've heard eh? Thats great! I wish so badly I could have been there!

I thought it was funny finck was crowdsurfing :rofl-lol:

Anyway, instead of expieriencing one of the best concerts of my life tonight like some of you did, I cranked up the Tokyo '92 concert on the big screen tv rock3

Can't wait for updates!!!! :)

Ron Thal a joke? :rofl-lol: You are seriously going to regret that after you hear him play.

Bumfoot guy the best in the world(or one of)?? :unsure: B)

He's certainly considered one of the best and most creative guitarists in the world right now.

But, like Buckethead, he's going to have a hard time being accepted by GnR fans. He doesn't really fit the mould, and is kinda 'whacky' with a twisted sense of humour.

You Bumblefoot bashers really need to lighten up and open your minds. This is rock and roll -- anything goes. Regardless, Bumblefoot is without a doubt one of the greatest guitarists on the planet. He was voted #1 out of the top 100 guitarists on the planet!!!! Why do you think Gn'R wanted him?

Do your research.

You sure he was voted number 1? I'm sure I would have heard of him then, and I watched a few of his videos on youtube. Yeah he was good, but best guitarist on the planet? I think i've seen better.

Ron Thal a joke? :rofl-lol: You are seriously going to regret that after you hear him play.

No I haven't heard him play,, never even heard of the guy. And yes I admit that it's really stupid of me to judge him like that but frankly I can't help it. I'm too wrapped up in the old Guns N' Roses. I really wish I could like the new band but its just not the same for me.

Guest JohnUlmer

I think the problem with Bumblefoot is the image. Buckethead was fucking weird but in a creepy way. He gave GN'R an edge, and that is a lot coming from me because I don't like Buckethead at all - as a musician or in general. But a guy with a children's-toy-lookin' bumble-foot guitar?!

GN'R used to have an edge, and at one time they were considered dangerous and raw. Having a lead guitarist prancing about on stage with a guitar shaped like a giant foot with cutesy bumble bee patterns may be kind of a problem.

It goes from "It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly" to "It's been too long since you've had your last bedtime lullaby sung to you properly."

Maybe my thoughts will resolve themselves in the morning, but I feel underwhelmed a bit - I'm not gonna lie.

i wanna hear all the new songs and my michlelle with bas :)

The show was a lot of fun. I was able to capture most of the show on my V3i. I will post it shortly. It was awesome to see Bach & Axl together on stage performing the same song. The light show and piro-technics were FABULOUS and huge. Axl looked great!

Guest JohnUlmer

i wanna hear all the new songs and my michlelle with bas :)

The show was a lot of fun. I was able to capture most of the show on my V3i. I will post it shortly. It was awesome to see Bach & Axl together on stage performing the same song. The light show and piro-technics were FABULOUS and huge. Axl looked great!

Is that audio or video?

And can you give an estimate of when you may have it up? I really want to go to bed but if it's going to be posted kinda soon I may stay up...