**Official**GNR show for the 12th live blog - official thread

darknemus

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanna hear all the new songs and my michlelle with bas :)

The show was a lot of fun. I was able to capture most of the show on my V3i. I will post it shortly. It was awesome to see Bach & Axl together on stage performing the same song. The light show and piro-technics were FABULOUS and huge. Axl looked great!

Did you capture audio/video or pictures ?

He seems like a super nice guy. He was on that MTV show Made, and he was the guitar teacher for a kid who wanted to start a band. And hopefully he gels with the band, I mean he has to fit in better than bucket did. but hopefully, he borrows a guitar from somebody else to play.

I think the problem with Bumblefoot is the image. Buckethead was fucking weird but in a creepy way. He gave GN'R an edge, and that is a lot coming from me because I don't like Buckethead at all - as a musician or in general. But a guy with a children's-toy-lookin' bumble-foot guitar?!

GN'R used to have an edge, and at one time they were considered dangerous and raw. Having a lead guitarist prancing about on stage with a guitar shaped like a giant foot with cutesy bumble bee patterns may be kind of a problem.

I doubt Axl is going to be promoting the new band as "The Most Dangerous In The World" anymore. He's in his 40's now.

Besides, we really have no idea how Thal looked or what guitars he played tonight.

Edited by Dead Flower

It was gloryus dude!!!!!!!!! he started going "'"""YOU"RE CRAZYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"""" and then when they sang was just so fucking PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!! and People........ROBIN FINCK SAVED THE NIGHT!!!! Richard was going to get seriously!!!!! burned but Fink grabbed him from the back and pulled him towards the front of the satge, and 5 seconds later, BOOM all this fucking sparks and like fire coming down just where he was going to be walking!!! Better was the BEST SONG!!!!!!!!! I was about 1-2 meters from touching the stage, got kicked in the back and just got home, BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!!!!!! AXL IS BACK, LEATHER JACKET, THE FUCKING OLD VOICE IS BACK......I"m going to eat now, I'll read some more later.

Kannon.!!! :krider:

woooooooooow!!!I just woke up and read all from page 22-80

so,there was no Izzy?maybe some other show,i guess...and about new guitar player...I never heard of him...

and axl voice was better?oh thats cool.and I cant wait for atleast audio...I'm so sad I wont see Guns live :(

The show was a lot of fun. I was able to capture most of the show on my V3i. I will post it shortly. It was awesome to see Bach & Axl together on stage performing the same song. The light show and piro-technics were FABULOUS and huge. Axl looked great!

cook thanks!! rock3

hope it's soon lol, i really have to go crash

Oh man, please do!

Relax... Bumblefoot played a Les Paul tonight. The Foot guitar is only for his own stuff.

Next to the Les Paul, he plays a fretless guitar, which is pretty friggin' kick-ass.

Bumblefoot is an accomplished singer/guitarist with 7 studio albums and semi-annual tours through Europe. Underground, but successful. Just like Buckethead before he joined GnR.

Also notable is the fact that Bumblefoot is an accomplished and VERY hard-working producer. Next to producing bands, he composes and records music for MTV, which they use in programs like The Real World and The Osbournes. You've all heard his music, without knowing it.

d.

well, that actually makes me feel better. now if he goes by his real name, or at least a cooler one, i will be totally satisfied.

Great, GNR can still be a "freak show." At least Robin now looks a lot better than 2002. Axl looked MUCH better without those goddamn jerseys. Jeans and black shirt are more rock n roll than fuckin sports jerseys. Good setlist. Sebastian Bach rocks like always. The leaks were good to hear, but what about Catcher? That's the best of the leaks by far.

Now that all the haters know that Slash is not back, maybe they will all go the fuck away and listen to their Slash's Snakepit CDs. If Slash is such a god, all his releases should be stellar, right? Too bad those cd's suck. Slash is only as good as the musicians he surrounds himself with.

The two Snakepit CD's rock like a motherfucker. All the guys went on to make some kick ass rock albums after GNR. Izzy's albums are awesome, Gilby's album rocked, and of course the Snakepit. I mean I'll take It's Five O'Clock Somewhere anyday over Silkworms or Oh My God. Granted, the new songs in general have kicked a lot of ass, but there are still those few atrocities.

Guest JohnUlmer
I think the problem with Bumblefoot is the image. Buckethead was fucking weird but in a creepy way. He gave GN'R an edge, and that is a lot coming from me because I don't like Buckethead at all - as a musician or in general. But a guy with a children's-toy-lookin' bumble-foot guitar?!

GN'R used to have an edge, and at one time they were considered dangerous and raw. Having a lead guitarist prancing about on stage with a guitar shaped like a giant foot with cutesy bumble bee patterns may be kind of a problem.

I doubt Axl is going to be promoting the new band as "The Most Dangerous In The World" anymore. He's in his 40's now.

Besides, we really have no idea how Thal looked or what guitars he played tonight.

I'm not suggesting he market it as a "dangerous" band anymore - but to go from that to having a guy with a bumble-footed guitar is kind of sad. However, I've been told Bumblefoot played with a Les Paul, and if that's the case I have no issues with him. I do wish he'd go by his real name though, since Bumblefoot was the name of his band anyway. I just think it's going to cause a lot of criticism from the press when they get wind of it. It's such an easy target - more so than Buckethead.

It was gloryus dude!!!!!!!!! he started going "'"""YOU"RE CRAZYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"""" and then when they sang was just so fucking PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!! and People........ROBIN FINCK SAVED THE NIGHT!!!! Richard was going to get seriously!!!!! burned but Fink grabbed him from the back and pulled him towards the front of the satge, and 5 seconds later, BOOM all this fucking sparks and like fire coming down just where he was going to be walking!!! Better was the BEST SONG!!!!!!!!! I was about 1-2 meters from touching the stage, got kicked in the back and just got home, BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!!!!!! AXL IS BACK, LEATHER JACKET, THE FUCKING OLD VOICE IS BACK......I"m going to eat now, I'll read some more later.

Kannon.!!! :krider:

YOU DONT KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE!!!!!!

Guest JohnUlmer

What's going on with that bootleg smokingarthur? Is it video or audio and how soon do you think it will be posted?

Just wondering so I can maybe set my alarm or something if it's gonna be another hour...as lame as that sounds.

I'm not suggesting he market it as a "dangerous" band anymore - but to go from that to having a guy with a bumble-footed guitar is kind of sad. However, I've been told Bumblefoot played with a Les Paul, and if that's the case I have no issues with him. I do wish he'd go by his real name though, since Bumblefoot was the name of his band anyway. I just think it's going to cause a lot of criticism from the press when they get wind of it. It's such an easy target - more so than Buckethead.

Oh yeah, I can definitely see where you are comin' from.

But he can play.

For the people that were there ... Did Thal play Bucket's parts in Better and IRS? Did they sound different, or pretty similar to the demos?

Sounds like a great show, and a great new beginning for Guns N Roses. There's great potential in Bumblefoot as the new guitarist for Guns. The combination of great technical skill and creativity with Axl's vision for the future of the band; in which everyone can grow together as musicians in a combined synergy; will break new ground and yeild amazing results. I think if everyone could just stop for a minute and have some faith rather than fear we'd all feel better about all of this.

I'm just glad Axl Rose was generous enough to gather such massive efforts for all the fans. I hope he feels that the overriding sentiment in all of this was thankful for him and all the people he worked with to put this all together. I hope he understands that lack of such is only lack of perspective and does not constitute a majority opinion. I don't presume he is fragile but I do presume to stand for something positive regardless.

Axl: Keep it going, brother. We're with you in our hearts even when our pride gets in the way. Rock On!

Guest JohnUlmer
FROM DARK!

Ok, here's my attempt at a review. Keeping in mind that I've been up for almost 24 hours now and I'm uber-wrecked, but what the hell, I'll try.

A. Acoustics. I give this a B+. Mainly because it seemed there were some feedback issues with the mics early on. As the show continued, it got better though.

B. Axl's stage presence (not his voice, I'll get to that in a moment) A+++ - I am not kidding. The guy had so much energy its fucking ridiculous. In addition, he moved around a hell of alot more than he did in 2002 - and sounded loads better doing it, too.

C. The rest of the band's stage presence A+++ Also. These guys can play and they make it look good, too. Hell, even Chris Pitman actually looked like a ball full of energy up there swinging his yellow polaroid keyboard to the beat of the music (yes, I'm serious)

D. Axl's voice. A+++++ - There is no other way to put it. This is not the Axl of 2002. This is the Axl of .. hell... not even the 90's. His voice is stronger, he's got the rasp when he wants it.. he hits the highs without the 'helium' affect. This was especially apparent when he sang "The Blues" - and also, IRS. How the hell he manages those notes for those lengths of time, I have no clue.

E. The Rants / stagespeak.. ummm.... Incomplete? I guess I'm just used to Axl babbling alot more up there. He didn't really have much to say tonight. Called us a bunch of downloading motherfuckers, which I thought was funny. Said NYC is trying to "kill him" (as in because the city lets hm stay out and party all the time), Hand a mini-mini rant (like 4 sentences or so) about people who think they are informed about what goes on in GNR, but it never really went anywhere.

F. The setlist. A-, but for greedy reasons. Obviously I would have loved to hear another track that we haven't yet heard but it was great to hear him do songs like Out Ta Get me, Nighttrain (an AMAZING performance), and Its so Easy done with so much more... I can't describe it.. umm.. perfection than in 2002. Also, Axl seemed really happy which was cool. I rather wish Rocket Queen wasn't left off the setlist but trust me, when you hear that middle 'screaming' part in Better, it will make up for it.. Holy hell it will.

G. Overall experience A+++ All the way. I've now seen Guns live 5 times. This was my first experience with the post UYI lineup. I dont know if it was the closeness (the damn guy was like 5 feet away from me on the stage), the arena size in general,. the energy level, or what - but this was by FAR better than any of the 2002 performances I've seen. I would gladly pay bookoo bucks for a soundboard recording of this show - and I'd immediately play it to anyone who says "Guns is nothing without (insert x name here)" - Because, wow, would this show prove that statement wrong. Bumblefoot did fine.. he goofed the NR solo a bit.. but not horribly so.

A couple other quick review type notes.

A. Can someone please run Bullet for my Valentine's tourbus off the road and put them out of their misery? I don't mean to hurt them but to stop them from being able to get to the Hammerstein. I guesss they were 'ok' but the crowd was pretty much telling them to 'fuck off' the whole time. Probably not the best situation to be in for a band. In addition, I just didn't dig their performance.

B. Watching drunk people is funny. Watching drunk people fly into crowd members.. not so much so. If you're gonna drink, cool - but damn, please don't get so sloshed that you pretty much have no recollection of the show, anyway.

-darknemus

Wow...can't wait to hear a bootleg.

Can't wait to hear The Blues and TWAT.