**Official**GNR show for the 12th live blog - official thread

darknemus

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like someone said before, this is the most excited I've ever been about a concert I'm not going to.

I guess I just like knowing where Axl is for once. He's sitting somewhere in a hotel or backstage in NYC getting ready....

Post setlist ASAP guys, we need to know! :)

-J

Exactly, dude! I cancelled plans for tonight so I can stay home in case something major goes down!!

Christmas is coming early, peeps! :xmasssanta:

haha you crazy bastard...but i'm doing the same thing :D

Alright boys... I'm in the house... what did I miss??

Like someone said before, this is the most excited I've ever been about a concert I'm not going to.

I guess I just like knowing where Axl is for once. He's sitting somewhere in a hotel or backstage in NYC getting ready....

Post setlist ASAP guys, we need to know! :)

-J

Exactly, dude! I cancelled plans for tonight so I can stay home in case something major goes down!!

Christmas is coming early, peeps! :xmasssanta:

haha you crazy bastard...but i'm doing the same thing :D

Dude, I was supposed to hit a couple of bars down on Sunset and Hollywood. Fuck that, though! I can go next week; I'm not missing this shit for anything! I've got a bottle of tequila ready for the night ahead! :xmasssanta:

Can't someone with a cellphone make a call during the concert and send that signal to server to stream live on the net?

quality would be total shit. listen to the trunk interview when axl lets them listen in. cell phones don't like the echo concert halls produce.

Guest JohnUlmer

Can someone from the concert call another cellphone? Person on the other end could record with computer mic...to avoid cost charges, Cingular to Cingular cellphone is free...I imagine some other plans are like this too...

Can someone from the concert call another cellphone? Person on the other end could record with computer mic...to avoid cost charges, Cingular to Cingular cellphone is free...I imagine some other plans are like this too...

verizon to verizon is free

once again, quality would be shit. let the bootleggers do their thing. you're not gunna get a live stream from in the hammer.

So is that Bullet For A Valentine band on stage now?

30 min to 1 hour before that happens.

To those suggesting cell phon calls...

Quality is almost unlistenable.

You heard Axl's cell during the trunk interview.

You'd get snippets of sound and lots of staticy crap.

Edited by pilferk

Guest JohnUlmer

I've got Cingular.

Ditto.

People up close will get good sound, surely someone there would have a Cingular phone and could start a call without anyone noticing.

Who cares if it's shitty quality? It's something till the other bootlegs come out. Who knows how long that could take? And remember House of Blues?

So is that Bullet For A Valentine band on stage now?

30 min to 1 hour before that happens.

To those suggesting cell phon calls...

Quality is almost unlistenable.

You heard Axl's cell during the trunk interview.

You'd get snippets of sound and lots of staticy crap.

Thanks for the info. So it looks like 9pm is show time for that band.

People up close will get good sound, surely someone there would have a Cingular phone and could start a call without anyone noticing.

Who cares if it's shitty quality? It's something till the other bootlegs come out. Who knows how long that could take? And remember House of Blues?

People close will actually get worse sound. The feedback will be worse the closer to the front.

It's not just SHITTY quality, it's pretty much unlistenable. It would sound almost like modem noise. Phones aren't set up to capture that kind of sound at that volume.

There are bootleggers in the audience tonight. It wouldn't surprise me if we have copies of the show by Sunday, if not tomorrow.

If I were at the show, I sure as hell wouln't spend all my time making sure everyone outside knows what's goin on inside.

I'm curious too, but let these guys enjoy the show. There will be audio soon. Rather than wasting time, trying to get recording equipt, etc..just be patient.

Everything will happen in due course. Thanks again darknemus, Steve Vai, all the other insiders! ROCK THE FUCK ON!