Discuss the new guitarist.... Ron Thal!

GET OFF AXLS BACK

2 shows. I can't believe some of you people. Your ropey argument is based largley on his 'stupid guitar'? For crying out loud give the guy a chance to prove himself, he has been in the band for 2 weeks! You also call him a 'fat fuck'. It's good to see some intelligence on this board :rolleyes: How can it be possible that this normal guy who is incredible at guitar is not good enough? But a man with a yellow raincoat from Disneyland and a KFC bucket on his head is cool?

I grow sick and tired of negative ''fans'' who never give anything a chance. Criticism after criticism. <_<

Agreed dude, just don't let the negative "fans" get to you, or you'll go insane.

true dat. fuck the haters.

If Bumblefoot (unlikely as this is) did leave the band would you be inconsolable for a week?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard him play, in fact only know him by name because of the rumours months ago that said he was in the band. I say he should have his chance, he deserves that much, bucket is a hard act to follow, i dont know if he is as good or better than bucket, but sure wait and see. I cant believe how vain people on this board are...

2 shows. I can't believe some of you people. Your ropey argument is based largley on his 'stupid guitar'? For crying out loud give the guy a chance to prove himself, he has been in the band for 2 weeks! You also call him a 'fat fuck'. It's good to see some intelligence on this board :rolleyes: How can it be possible that this normal guy who is incredible at guitar is not good enough? But a man with a yellow raincoat from Disneyland and a KFC bucket on his head is cool?

I grow sick and tired of negative ''fans'' who never give anything a chance. Criticism after criticism. <_<

Agreed dude, just don't let the negative "fans" get to you, or you'll go insane.

If Bumblefoot (unlikely as this is) did leave the band would you be inconsolable for a week?

I see your point, I don't much care for Bumblefoot just because I have no idea who he is or what he brings. I haven't heard any real good bootlegs to take a look at his guitar playing. He is a replacement for Buckethead. If any of the other members left...I'd be pretty upset. Axl picked this guy to play it up, so that's all I really care about. But yes unlikely indeed...even Bumblefoots fans are fuckin raving about how excited they are that he is with Guns. Which is pretty cool.

probably, seeing as we would then lose the best damn guitar player in the world from the band. would be a shame. what about yourself?

even Bumblefoots fans are fuckin raving about how excited they are that he is with Guns. Which is pretty cool.

it really is, buckethead's fans weren't generally as appreciative.

probably, seeing as we would then lose the best damn guitar player in the world from the band. would be a shame. what about yourself?

even Bumblefoots fans are fuckin raving about how excited they are that he is with Guns. Which is pretty cool.

it really is, buckethead's fans weren't generally as appreciative.

Yeah Buckethead's fans hated the idea, which really sucked...but that's how it worked out. On another note, i'd be upset just because that would mean GNR would have to look for another guitarist once again, which would delay even more shit and it would just be bad. But it looks like Bumblefoot is humble and is really excited at the chance to be in GNR. Its also good that his fans support his choices and are GNR fans as well. Just from observation...

Yes, I would be very, very sad indeed.:xmasssanta:

What would happen if (even more unlikely) Buckethead was allowed to return to the band, or (slightly more realistically) his parts remain on Chinese Democracy, and Bumblefoot was only the tour guitarist?

Yes, I would be very, very sad indeed.:xmasssanta:

What would happen if (even more unlikely) Buckethead was allowed to return to the band, or (slightly more realistically) his parts remain on Chinese Democracy, and Bumblefoot was only the tour guitarist?

what would probably happen is i'd get bored with your questions.

Bumblefoot. He has been a member in GNR since 2004. And if Axl says hes been a member in 10 days axl lies.

How can he teach all those song in 10 days?

why would GNR hired him 10 ndays before when they could, and did hired him before that.l

Bumblefoot said himself that he was the new guitarist in 2004.a statement gnr managemnet turned down!LOL

I dont think that GNR prepared their comebeck so bad that they found that joke of a guitarist 10 days before the shows.

Buckedhead is better and so much cooler!The bumblefoot name seems to me like their tryin to replace buckedhead. they cant. not in skill and not in style.

I hoped that they could find a normal guy and a great palyer. not that "im not from the planet earth guy again". We had buckedhead, hes histry. And Axl Rose of all the men in this world should have leraned of this and not try to replace him. and yes, hes fat by the way..

Edited by Sjakalen

Bublefoot. He has been a member in GNR since 2004. And if Axl says hes been a member in 10 days axl lies.

How can he teach all tbhose song in 10 days?

why would GNR hired him 10 ndays before when the could and did hired him before that.l

Bumblefoot said himself that he was the new guitarist in 2004.

i dont think taht GNR prepared their comebeck so bad that they found that rubbish 10 days before the shows.

Buckedhead is better and so much cooler!The bumblefoot name seems to me like their tryin to replace buckedhead. they cant. not in skill and not in style.

I hoped that they coyuld finf a normal guy and a great palyer. not that "im not from the planet earth guy again. We had buckedhead, hes histry. and axl should have leraned and not try to replace him. and hes fat by the way..

i'm sorry, i don't speak jibberish.

Bublefoot. He has been a member in GNR since 2004. And if Axl says hes been a member in 10 days axl lies.

How can he teach all tbhose song in 10 days?

why would GNR hired him 10 ndays before when the could and did hired him before that.l

Bumblefoot said himself that he was the new guitarist in 2004.

i dont think taht GNR prepared their comebeck so bad that they found that rubbish 10 days before the shows.

I hoped that they coyuld finf a normal guy and a great palyer. not that "im not from the planet earth guy again. We had buckedhead, hes histry. and axl should have leraned and not try to replace him. and hes fat by the way..

I'm sure English isn't your first language, so I applaud you for your efforts. But, not only does this post have false information, its just really hard to reply to it. So this is what you get...

Bumblefoot. He has been a member in GNR since 2004. And if Axl says hes been a member in 10 days axl lies.

How can he teach all those song in 10 days?

why would GNR hired him 10 ndays before when they could, and did hired him before that.l

Bumblefoot said himself that he was the new guitarist in 2004.a statement gnr managemnet turned down!LOL

I dont think that GNR prepared their comebeck so bad that they found that joke of a guitarist 10 days before the shows.

I hoped that they could find a normal guy and a great palyer. not that "im not from the planet earth guy again". We had buckedhead, hes histry. And Axl Rose of all the men in this world should have leraned of this and not try to replace him. and yes, hes fat by the way..

If you play the guitar you must be terrible at it and have no music sense.

Also no common sense.

Is he really better than buckethead?

as hard as it can be to believe, yes.

this guy is considered the best guitar player in the world.

gnr couldn't have done better, other bands would kill for this oppertunity.

I have no idea how you could tell the difference in skill between guitarists of their calibur.. the same thing is like saying Steve Vai is better than Malmsteen, or Malmsteen is better than Vai, or Satch is better than Malmsteen. They're all incredible guitarists. I'd like to say, I love buckethead and everything he does, and the same can be said about Bumblefoot. Listening to the leaks makes me feel that buckethead finally got a spot in GNR's fans hearts even if it was after he left.

Edited by argondamn

I think it was a big disapointment that is was Bumblefoot who was the new guitarist in Guns N Roses.

I had my hope for Izzy, Traci Guns, Dave Navarro or Buckedhead be beck!

And then this joke of a guitarist go on stage!fuck that!Buckedhead is better, he looks cooler and he was the symbol of the new GNR.

I think it WAS really sad when bumble WENT on stage with hes stupid guitar. hes a fat fuck and nothin else!

WERE IS BUCKEDHEAD, when we finally needed him?

bucket was a true hired gun! where someone like robin i think has earned his right to be part of guns! he's stuck with it for 8 years!

buckets also a nutter! freak show!, i'm happy bumble has taken buckets place, he seems normal!.

Edited by aussie_axl

I have no idea how you could tell the difference in skill between guitarists of their calibur.. the same thing is like saying Steve Vai is better than Malmsteen, or Malmsteen is better than Vai, or Satch is better than Malmsteen. They're all incredible guitarists.

But consider stage presence though, fitting solos, their differences to the other guitarists (both those in the band (the RFs) and gone (Buckethead)). This makes all the difference.

Who is Buckedhead?

NICE!

anyway, the guitarists here know that ron is actually slightly better than buckethead, and a hell of a lot more down to earth.

BTW, a couple of tracks off his new "normal" (like the title track) CD are better than anything off chinese democracy so far.

I have no idea how you could tell the difference in skill between guitarists of their calibur.. the same thing is like saying Steve Vai is better than Malmsteen, or Malmsteen is better than Vai, or Satch is better than Malmsteen. They're all incredible guitarists. I'd like to say, I love buckethead and everything he does, and the same can be said about Bumblefoot. Listening to the leaks makes me feel that buckethead finally got a spot in GNR's fans hearts even if it was after he left.

If you know enough about music and can analyse it, you can tell the difference and who is better at what and what are certain musicians weaknesses and strengths.

Buckethead looks cooler?

what the fuck??? a month ago, you stupid fucks were still bashing Bucket because of the whole 'get-up', and now that we have a cool lookin guitarist who also, has a smaller gimmick, you guys go bashing him because he 'fucked up I.R.S.'

HELLO!!!!!! this was his first BIG gig EVER! Bumblefoot was NOT a big band! they had an indie label! he must've been shitting his pants!

but then on the other hand, Slash had his tophat. another gimick. i'm sure if Slash was never in the band, and was a replacement, you guys would be going 'OMG!!1! LOOK AT THAT F4G W1TH THE GH3Y T0P H47 AND FR0!1!!'

seriously, make up your god damn minds.

it's not all based on looks, some of you 4th graders have to learn that :rofl-lol:. cut Ron a break, jesus christ! i can see why Bucket left, you guys just talk shit!

Buckethead looks cooler?

what the fuck??? a month ago, you stupid fucks were still bashing Bucket because of the whole 'get-up', and now that we have a cool lookin guitarist who also, has a smaller gimmick, you guys go bashing him because he 'fucked up I.R.S.'

HELLO!!!!!! this was his first BIG gig EVER! Bumblefoot was NOT a big band! they had an indie label! he must've been shitting his pants!

but then on the other hand, Slash had his tophat. another gimick. i'm sure if Slash was never in the band, and was a replacement, you guys would be going 'OMG!!1! LOOK AT THAT F4G W1TH THE GH3Y T0P H47 AND FR0!1!!'

seriously, make up your god damn minds.

it's not all based on looks, some of you 4th graders have to learn that :rofl-lol:. cut Ron a break, jesus christ! i can see why Bucket left, you guys just talk shit!

lmfao, good post! :rofl-lol:

If you know enough about music and can analyse it, you can tell the difference and who is better at what and what are certain musicians weaknesses and strengths.

I trust Shawn Lane(RIP) on that one rock2

(for those who don't know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57q5zdvMw58 guy who supposedly considered bucket to be better than him)

Look at the guitar Bumblefoot using. It looks like he found it in a fuckin toystore!

Buckedhead was unik. Hes own style, hes amasing player(he played the fuck out of slash) and were unik, and he did fit in great in the new and modern Guns N Roses.

If Bumblefoots better player then Buckedhead, why did he destry IRS then??

This is NOT a attack on Axl Rose. I love Axl, belive me! And this is not to attack Guns N Roses. We all need Axl and we all need Guns N Roses. But what we need and what all of us should have is a normal looking guitarist whos not looking like hes 7 years old and got hes first guitar for christmas. cos that guitar is reaaly stupid

and another thing, i never really think iv seen a fat guitar player before...

At least i hoped for Traci Guns, that would be cool.-and not this toy nonsens bumblefoot