Discuss the new guitarist.... Ron Thal!

GET OFF AXLS BACK

last week? BF auditioned last year so maybe that last week thing wa s ajoke axlmade.

That's when the GnR camp first made contact with Thal. But they were definitely auditioning people just a couple of weeks out from the first concert. Joshua Craig confirmed that.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quit being a douche, ron is the best thing that could've happened to gnr, you try finding someone else who can play bucket's shit! even satch and vai can't hang with ron, let alone slash. (compare ron's new album with contraband, there is no comparision.

and i'll have you know that ron is an excellent singer, maybe axl can catch a breather now with ron's help.

i will, however, concur that axl sucks live nowadays.

I'm not going to get into it too much cuz it's been talked about to death, but there is the theory that Thal could be on board on a temporary basis. That would explain the last minute hiring. Someone else fell through so Guns went to a guy who they auditioned in the past and offered him some cash to play a few shows. I'm not sure if I believe it, but until we get confirmation to the contrary I still consider it possible.

That would be cool!

I'd appreciate it...

Even though... who would start up such an important tour with a temporary lead guitar?

Axl?

I posted this in the new guitarist thread, but I don't think anyone is reading that anymore - so I'm posting it again here:

As someone who's been a bumblefoot fan and known him personally for quite a few years I'd like to clear a few things us.

1. He didn't audition for gnr 2 years ago. Did that 2 weeks ago.

2. The foot guitar isn't part of some gimmick he thought up. It was the creation of a guy at Vigier guitars who became a huge bbft fand and supporter many years ago, and designed and built the thing for him because he believed so much in him. Vigier has since built 2 other guitars in his honor - a swiss cheese guitar which was modelled after a guitar that bbft hacked up himself to look like a peice of swiss cheese; and they recently put out a vigier Bbft signature model.

3. Bumblefoot was the name of his band. People started calling him bumblefoot. He said what the fuck and started answering to it. You can call him bumblefoot, ron, douchebag... whatever you want. He'll answer to it all.

4. I don't know a person who knows this guy personally that doesn't love him to death. He'll bend over backwards for anybody, and is one of the coolest, humblest, most easy going guys you could ever know.

5. What you're hearing him do in Gn'R isn't 1% of wht this guy is all about. My guess is they're telling him to go out there and shred... I don't know. I highly recommend dropping a few bucks and buying one of his cds. Every one of them has a different vibe. The most recent "Normal" has a punk feel to it, "911" has a little more shred goin on. By the way, all the money made off of the sale of 911 goes to the redcross in honor of those lost on that day. "Uncool" has got a loungy feel to it, and shows the wackier side of the guy. "Hands" has a fair amount of shred on it (my favorite solos), and chilipepperish vibe. The albums before that I believe are no longer available, but have the sickest shit you ever heard - Zappa mixed with acid jazz or I don't know what. Just plain sick shit.

6. He dropped about 30 pounds since those pics that were posted here, and the reason for the fat before the way he looks now is all documented in the normal cd. Had to do with some stuff that was going on before the writing of it.

7. I completely understand you guys all missing the guys you loved. I personally miss the shit out of Slash in gnr, and I'm a huge velvet revolver fan. I say give this guy bumblefoot/ron a chance. I sincerely doubt you'll be disappointed.

8. That's all. I hate message boards, but felt I wanted to put it out there for this guy, cuz in my opinion he deserves it.

I posted this in the new guitarist thread, but I don't think anyone is reading that anymore - so I'm posting it again here:

As someone who's been a bumblefoot fan and known him personally for quite a few years I'd like to clear a few things us.

3. Bumblefoot was the name of his band. People started calling him bumblefoot. He said what the fuck and started answering to it. You can call him bumblefoot, ron, douchebag... whatever you want. He'll answer to it all.

Usually that's the way nicknames get born...I guess

4. I don't know a person who knows this guy personally that doesn't love him to death. He'll bend over backwards for anybody, and is one of the coolest, humblest, most easy going guys you could ever know.

Really sweet!!!

:D

7. I completely understand you guys all missing the guys you loved. I personally miss the shit out of Slash in gnr, and I'm a huge velvet revolver fan. I say give this guy bumblefoot/ron a chance. I sincerely doubt you'll be disappointed.

Me toooo!!!

The fact is that the new members all come from different styles......I don't want to judge if they're good or not, just they're different...

I'm not going to get into it too much cuz it's been talked about to death, but there is the theory that Thal could be on board on a temporary basis. That would explain the last minute hiring. Someone else fell through so Guns went to a guy who they auditioned in the past and offered him some cash to play a few shows. I'm not sure if I believe it, but until we get confirmation to the contrary I still consider it possible.

That's probable. Bumblefoot cancelled his June shows recently... But August shows are still on his website.

The positive thing is that Buckethead's parts will be on CD. :)

Edited by Alan Niveen

personally i don't give a damn who plays guitar with gnr, or how long they been with the band, axl could be backed by the banana splits and i'd still buy tickets to see them. all i care is they're gigging again after 4 years .....YIPPEE!!! rock1

I see that music is what u're interested into.. :P

personally i don't give a damn who plays guitar with gnr, or how long they been with the band, axl could be backed by the banana splits and i'd still buy tickets to see them. all i care is they're gigging again after 4 years .....YIPPEE!!! rock1

all i'm trying to say is that does it really matter how long he's been in the band? if all that axl has said about the album being released etc.. is true, i personally don't care who plays in the band as long as we keep getting great tunes from them.......i've had my personal rant now, lol. :P

all i'm trying to say is that does it really matter how long he's been in the band? if all that axl has said about the album being released etc.. is true, i personally don't care who plays in the band as long as we keep getting great tunes from them.......i've had my personal rant now, lol. :P

Guns n' Roses were a band not a man rock1

u think so? :o

I read in some other thread someone who talked to him after mondays show I think and he (bumblefoot) apparantly said that Buckets part should remain.

u think so? :o

I hope so... If we can't have Slash on CD, then I prefer Buckethead rather than Bumblefoot. Easily.

I very much appreciated the "if we can't have SLASH" thing :P

He diddnt hired Bublefoot last week. Bumblefoot was hired in 2004.

If u think he was hired last week...think about it.

1) What if Bumblefoot had turned down the GNR invitation. Maybe they had to cansell the shows i NYC.

2) Why should they hire him last week when they could hired him earlier and he could learn the material better.

3)It was a rumor in 2004 that bublefoot were the new guitarist. hmmm

It isn't easy to find a guitar player good enough to bring "depth" to GNR. I think that this Ron Thal character is a ggod guitar player, but he doesn't "the feeling" to do it! Probably won't last more than a few monthes. Probably it should be better for GNR to do it whithout this guy. I think tha t Finck would be enough (although I don´t think he should lead GNR guitars forever). But Izzy is a great positive asset to the band, because he brings "the feeling" and the quality that a super band like GNR needs. If Thal goes away, who is Axl going to find... Malmsteen!!!???

Guns n' Roses were a band not a man rock1

GNR were THE BAND!!!

He diddnt hired Bublefoot last week. Bumblefoot was hired in 2004.

If u think he was hired last week...think about it.

1) What if Bumblefoot had turned down the GNR invitation. Maybe they had to cansell the shows i NYC.

2) Why should they hire him last week when they could hired him earlier and he could learn the material better.

3)It was a rumor in 2004 that bublefoot were the new guitarist. hmmm

Looks like bumblefoot himself said he only auditioned 2 weeks ago...

2. The foot guitar isn't part of some gimmick he thought up. It was the creation of a guy at Vigier guitars who became a huge bbft fand and supporter many years ago, and designed and built the thing for him because he believed so much in him. Vigier has since built 2 other guitars in his honor - a swiss cheese guitar which was modelled after a guitar that bbft hacked up himself to look like a peice of swiss cheese; and they recently put out a vigier Bbft signature model.

5. What you're hearing him do in Gn'R isn't 1% of wht this guy is all about. My guess is they're telling him to go out there and shred... I don't know. I highly recommend dropping a few bucks and buying one of his cds. Every one of them has a different vibe. The most recent "Normal" has a punk feel to it, "911" has a little more shred goin on. By the way, all the money made off of the sale of 911 goes to the redcross in honor of those lost on that day. "Uncool" has got a loungy feel to it, and shows the wackier side of the guy. "Hands" has a fair amount of shred on it (my favorite solos), and chilipepperish vibe. The albums before that I believe are no longer available, but have the sickest shit you ever heard - Zappa mixed with acid jazz or I don't know what. Just plain sick shit.

6. He dropped about 30 pounds since those pics that were posted here, and the reason for the fat before the way he looks now is all documented in the normal cd. Had to do with some stuff that was going on before the writing of it.

8. That's all. I hate message boards, but felt I wanted to put it out there for this guy, cuz in my opinion he deserves it.

HEY AXL- Dave Grohl

The excuse being made for some of Bumblefoot's sloppy play at the Hammerstein shows is the fact that Axl just hired him last week.

LAST WEEK?!!?!

Ok, this tour is Axl's big comeback. His final chance to prove to the general public that HE is for real, that the BAND is for real, and that the album IS coming out. This is for all intents and purposes, make or break for Axl's career with nu-GNR.

So does anyone find it odd that he just decided on his lead guitarist one freaking week ago?

Buckethead quit the band in 2004, so WHAT on earth has Axl been doing for the last two years? Has the band been doing ANYTHING in that time period? I find it shocking that they never hired someone in that period.

Plus, it's quite obvious that this tour is something that has been planned for months now, at least ever since Axl's appearence at the Korn party got the wheels in motion. They STILL don't hire a guitarist.

So now, they hire a guy a week ago, who just auditioned TWO weeks ago, to come play guitar on the tour that may define Axl's career? A guy who is basically brand new to the band and really has no chemistry with anyone yet.. who knows how they'll all get along with him a month or two from now? How will the personalities clash?

Combining that with how Axl lost his voice after the first show, and didn't even bother having any kind of help from a voice coach until Bach led him to someone, makes me wonder how much Axl really prepared for this tour, and makes me fear that we may just end up having a repeat of 2002.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not going to get into it too much cuz it's been talked about to death, but there is the theory that Thal could be on board on a temporary basis.

actually bumble has been quoted as to saying he is planning on sticking with gnr "till the end", and richard also confirmed that he isn't just a touring member when a HTGTH member asked him whether or not they were planning on recording material with bumble for CD, and richard said "yes" and then smiled and said "did you expect otherwise?". ron's here to stay, and he's gonna make us very, very proud. gnr now have the best frontman in the world and the best guitar player in the world. they're ready to take over. :shades:

I am starting to get a Gilby Clarke vibe.

you are way wrong then, bumble auditioned for gnr two years ago and was carefully chosen. and for good reason, trust me.

Sorry dude - I don't wanna get into an I'm right, you're wrong thing - but trust me. He auditioned 2 weeks ago. He never met any of them before then. I'm absolutely certain. Don't know where you're getting your info from, but it's wrong.