Discuss the new guitarist.... Ron Thal!

GET OFF AXLS BACK

I am starting to get a Gilby Clarke vibe.

you are way wrong then, bumble auditioned for gnr two years ago and was carefully chosen. and for good reason, trust me.

Sorry dude - I don't wanna get into an I'm right, you're wrong thing - but trust me. He auditioned 2 weeks ago. He never met any of them before then. I'm absolutely certain. Don't know where you're getting your info from, but it's wrong.

THIS GUY IS AXL ROSE, I SWEAR

HE'S LOOKING FOR RANTS IN RIO

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't easy to find a guitar player good enough to bring "depth" to GNR. I think that this Ron Thal character is a ggod guitar player, but he doesn't "the feeling" to do it! Probably won't last more than a few monthes. Probably it should be better for GNR to do it whithout this guy. I think tha t Finck would be enough (although I don´t think he should lead GNR guitars forever). But Izzy is a great positive asset to the band, because he brings "the feeling" and the quality that a super band like GNR needs. If Thal goes away, who is Axl going to find... Malmsteen!!!???

personally i don't give a damn who plays guitar with gnr, or how long they been with the band, axl could be backed by the banana splits and i'd still buy tickets to see them. all i care is they're gigging again after 4 years .....YIPPEE!!! rock1

I see that music is what u're interested into.. :P

all i'm trying to say is that does it really matter how long he's been in the band? if all that axl has said about the album being released etc.. is true, i personally don't care who plays in the band as long as we keep getting great tunes from them.......i've had my personal rant now, lol. :P

Guns n' Roses were a band not a man rock1

GNR were THE BAND!!!

you're a dumbass man, pick up a bumblefoot album before you talk about him.

Axl you need to suck up your pride and wallet and get Bucket back. I know a lot of people talk on this board about what a nice guy Bumble is but his guitar playing and Charisma are pretty lackluster. He looks like he should be in Megadeth and his playing is fucking boring. That solo he does with his gay ass guitar is beyond shitty. I've seen Bucket in 2002 with GnR and i've seen Bumble in 2006 with GnR, so i'm not basing my opinion off crappy bootlegs. I think the only reason Bucket left was the endless delays in releasing Chinese Democracy, and really, who can blame him. The fact is Bucket "can play like a motherfucker" to quote Ozzy Osbourne whereas Bumbles playing leaves a lot to be desired. You can say you don't like Bucket's image but Ron's image isn't exactly shit hot either. I listen to Nightrain from 2002 and it saddens me to know it will never be played like that again unless Bucket comes back.

Edited by Matty Boy

Once again axl has downgraded and all we get this time IS A PUSSY WITH A FOOT GUITAR

Yeah, cause we know how much worse he is than a freak with a raincoat and KFC bucket is.

Ron Thal, aka Bumblefoot, is a really cool guy and he obviously appreciates the fans, and is down to earth with them, unlike Bucketfuck.

EDIT: As talented as Buckethead is, he only brought G'N'R bad publicity and made the band look like a freakshow. Now they look like what they are, a rock band. And Bumblefoot's charisma with the band will improve as he fits into the band more and gets more acquainted and comfortable.

Edited by Mr. Miser

Bumblefoot fits in better with band. You could tell in NY that he was like one of the gang, whereas Bucket was always off in his own world. His playing was also tighter with the band and more versatile toggling between technical and emotive. Also, Bumblefoot is rated as a better musician on a couple of guitar pro ranking sites. Finally I feel like Axl found the missing piece. Good choice Axl.

~M

Guest Matt13

That's all your opinion, Matty Fuck. Bucket can play, no doubt, but so can Ron. Do you miss the retarded hockey mask and (chuckle) KFC bucket on BH's head? I see Ron's "gay ass" guitar very acceptable compared to BH's eccentric lifestyle, behavior and appearance. BH was a retard and in my opinion, most definitely did not fit the GNR image whatsoever.

I'll take Bumble anyday.

Furthermore, Ozzy also called BH "a fucking whack job." That coming from Ozzy fucking out there Osbourne. Left that part out, didn't ya? The casual GNR fan thought the same thing.

Here's your idol in action, Ozzy is spot on:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=34...26&q=buckethead

Buckethead is an amazing player. Ron seems like a great guy and fan friendly, but being a nice guy is not enough to be in GnR. You need to have the chops, while he's technically proficient, he lacks the charisma, stage presence and melodic prowess of Bucket and Slash.

Buckethead brought a mystique and edge to GnR the same way Slash did. He stood out from the band and the attention was shared between Bucket and Axl the same way Axl and Slash shared the attention on stage. Buckethead like I've always said could have made us stop bitching for Slash, but I don't see Ron being able to do the same...

Nightrain 2002 is unrivaled as far as the new band goes, and there is no way that song is going to be played any better by this band in 2006. No way.

Edited by SylvesterStallone

Deja vu?

Seriosuly, if this was 2002, you'd be saying the same for Buckethead.

Axl has stated that Buckethead is just to weird to work with.

Sure it's weird that Bumblefoot has a foot-shaped guitar,

but along with the KFC bucket mask, Buckethead had this whole other persona.

Yes, I would've preferred Buckethead to Ron Thal but this is 2006.

Hopefully Ron will be able to improve along the tour just as Finck did.

Not too sure about his long term future in GNR, but he was a good Buckethead replacement.

Edited by darkstar_legend

Slash and Bucket have both recorded stuff with Axl that we all like. Bumble is just a touring player that lacks the charisma of Slash and the guitar skills of Bucket. I hate how everybody chooses to accept style over substance when it comes to this band.

OKAAAAAAAY

Right buckethead joins he gets bashed to fuck because he isnt slash

bucket leaves bumble joins and bumble gets bashed becuase he sint bucket

:sleeper: fuckin tards

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

omg, guess what!?!

BUMBLEFOOT IS IN THE BAND AND BUCKETHEAD IS NOT.

seriously, just a month ago, you fuckers were bashing Fuckethead, and now that we have a better/cooler/less freaky guitarist, you're all like...'OMG!1!! GH3Y GU174R!!1!'

Buckethead will NEVER rejoin GN'R, because he hated it, and everyone in the band hated him, so...

I like Bumble a lot more than Bucket.

Yeah me too.

To be honest i never liked Bucket at all.. :no:

I prefer to hear his work as a solo artist than with Guns n' Roses..

His image and his style didn't fit with a band like Guns.And by the other hand Ron seems to be very charismatic and an amazing guitarrist,

and even more versatile than Bucket.He looks so full of energy and nice and kind..I like him a lot!! rock3

I hope he stays in the band!! :D

Bucket is the best player GnR has ever had for playing live. The guy is just fuckuing phenomenal.

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. While I love and completely support the new GNR--- nobody will ever have the magic Axl and Slash had onstage. Kinda like Page and Plant. And most guitar players know that Buckethead plays with little or no emotion. There are 100 other players like him out there but only one Page, Slash, Blackmore, etc...Players with their own style that no one can duplicate

if you don't like bumblefoot just listen to old albums/bootlegs.simple as that....bumble kicks ass...buckethead is a fuckin nutcase. yeah, he plays like a motherfucker and he's good in shredding and doing weird-ass stuff, but he's way out there...i'm not a big fan of bumbles guitar, but you know...who the fuck cares....rock'n'roll is all about attitude and bumble has more attitude than bucket...

stop bashing bumblefoot!!!