Discuss the new guitarist.... Ron Thal!

GET OFF AXLS BACK

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matty Boy

You're right that bucket played the songs best live. But all you fuckers forget about 2 other players in the band, who during all 4 of the NY shows handled 80% of the solos. And you know what, I was there and they don't need Ron. But I welcome his addition. Just lose the fuckin dumb guitar. It is lame. Ron adds the technical virtuoso element, but gnr really doesn't need it. It is a nice to have but in no way a necessity.

Don't some of you tire of the shred too? I like it sometimes but it isn't needed. This band has written quality songs. Strip all the shred and shit away and they are excellent tunes.

And hey everyone. Let's just call him Ron OK. Not bumblefoot. Lame name. Ron, lose that guitar before Axl puts it up your ass.

Matty Boy

You're right that bucket played the songs best live. But all you fuckers forget about 2 other players in the band, who during all 4 of the NY shows handled 80% of the solos. And you know what, I was there and they don't need Ron. But I welcome his addition. Just lose the fuckin dumb guitar. It is lame. Ron adds the technical virtuoso element, but gnr really doesn't need it. It is a nice to have but in no way a necessity.

Don't some of you tire of the shred too? I like it sometimes but it isn't needed. This band has written quality songs. Strip all the shred and shit away and they are excellent tunes.

And hey everyone. Let's just call him Ron OK. Not bumblefoot. Lame name. Ron, lose that guitar before Axl puts it up your ass.

no, no, no. strip the shred and you're left with the lame loops that dizzy and pittman came up with. and better- well, besides the shred, the only good part is axl's voice, the rest is some emo bullshit with an uninspring bridge. as far as IRS goes, it's just christina aguilara's "fighter" with distortion (with a badass solo).

the new songs (so far) are NOTHING without axl's voice and a shredder. not a single riff i've wanted to learn on my guitar. nothing to even whistle to besides axl's melody. these are the songs that will be forgotten.

ron will be the saving grace of gnr. if bucket were to come back, he should replace FINCK.

Matty Boy

Yeah, i totally agree with you. especially with that stupid bumble-guitar.

I couldn't stand Buckethead...had those solo's that are nothing that is made, just something on 1-2 stings, he is just trying to do fast solos... I don't like them very much and what he was like on stage, c'mon.. Bumble is alot cooler

Matty Boy

no, no, no. strip the shred and you're left with the lame loops that dizzy and pittman came up with. and better- well, besides the shred, the only good part is axl's voice, the rest is some emo bullshit with an uninspring bridge. as far as IRS goes, it's just christina aguilara's "fighter" with distortion (with a badass solo).

the new songs (so far) are NOTHING without axl's voice and a shredder. not a single riff i've wanted to learn on my guitar. nothing to even whistle to besides axl's melody. these are the songs that will be forgotten.

ron will be the saving grace of gnr. if bucket were to come back, he should replace FINCK.

You don't know what you're talking about man. Yeah there is loops and shit but take all that away and you've got some great material. Look at Chinese Democracy, The Blues and Madagascar. None have shred and all are fuckin fantastic.

It sounds like you haven't listened to all the new songs by your comments.

I love the fact that most of these "Bumblefoot rocks" people probably haven't even seen him play with GnR yet.

The guy SUCKS, period. What has he ever done in his career of any significance? What was he doing before Axl came along? Putting out some boring solo albums that only the people in his immediate family bought.

Were you posting that video in an attempt to claim that that is a good attempt at the NR solo?

Wow.

That solo is beyond embarassing - I've heard GnR cover bands that can pull off the solo better than that.

There's a few things that are no-no's in music, and a big one is screwing up the solo for November Rain, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE A MEMBER OF GUNS N ROSES!!!

Fire this scrub before it's too late, Axl.

Edited by OTHAFA

I love the fact that most of these "Bumblefoot rocks" people probably haven't even seen him play with GnR yet.

The guy SUCKS, period. What has he ever done in his career of any significance? What was he doing before Axl came along? Putting out some boring solo albums that only the people in his immediate family bought.

Were you posting that video in an attempt to claim that that is a good attempt at the NR solo?

Wow.

That solo is beyond embarassing - I've heard GnR cover bands that can pull off the solo better than that.

There's a few things that are no-no's in music, and a big one is screwing up the solo for November Rain, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE A MEMBER OF GUNS N ROSES!!!

Fire this scrub before it's too late, Axl.

interesting, because it seems he fucks up less than slash: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ExeejgGg-zU&sea...r%20rain%20live

luckily axl fired slash before it was too late

Bumblefoot (Ron Thal) is GOOD...

Buckethead is..."BETTER" :) that's @ll...Buckethead's guitar sounds awesome, his solo in Nightrains ripps head off and so on...and I liked his image :D Only minus is that BH wanted to make NR solo fast as hell in some concerts :)