Discuss the new guitarist.... Ron Thal!

GET OFF AXLS BACK

You guys who are bashing Bumblefoot, should really give him a chance.

I have the pleasure to know the guy a little, and I have seen him in action. He has also given me some lessons, and I can guarantee you all that this guy is one of the best players around!

He is NOT Slash or Buckethead, and he will never be, but please don't judge the guy before you hear him play. Only stupid people are judging other people by the way they look. Ron has his own image, and it would be nice if people could show some respect! :anger:

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys who are bashing Bumblefoot, should really give him a chance.

I have the pleasure to know the guy a little, and I have seen him in action. He has also given me some lessons, and I can guarantee you all that this guy is one of the best players around!

He is NOT Slash or Buckethead, and he will never be, but please don't judge the guy before you hear him play. Only stupid people are judging other people by the way they look. Ron has his own image, and it would be nice if people could show some respect! :anger:

cheers bro. Most of us welcome Bumblefoot and are anxious to see what he does with GNR :)

Yeah I think he's cool. More NYC than Bucket? Wouldnt you say?

It must be a real headache now. This band is so complex - u've got a band of hired Guns playing material they didnt really write (Remember AFD that record that went postal?) and starting to grow into those songs, Finks playing with feelin', Brain is starting to get Kudos even tho he was on a one way ticket to Mercenaries R Us, and u've got a replaced novelty guitarist stepping in at the last minute (Bumblefuck?) plus there's new songs that step up to the original line up songs and say Hi, How U Doin' And really it makes my head spin. So I don't know what they are feeling? Confused maybe?

Yeah I think he's cool. More NYC than Bucket? Wouldnt you say?

It must be a real headache now. This band is so complex - u've got a band of hired Guns playing material they didnt really write (Remember AFD that record that went postal?) and starting to grow into those songs, Finks playing with feelin', Brain is starting to get Kudos even tho he was on a one way ticket to Mercenaries R Us, and u've got a replaced novelty guitarist stepping in at the last minute (Bumblefuck?) plus there's new songs that step up to the original line up songs and say Hi, How U Doin' And really it makes my head spin. So I don't know what they are feeling? Confused maybe?

:rofl-lol:

It works tho..it's crazy situation but it seems to work some how.

It's all a bit Faith No More tho. Like Axl discovered Mikey Patton and got jealous and thought "I see the future of rock!!!" and tore GNR apart trying to be wacky and postmodern. But it's funny. And CITR is a classic Axl track. GNR has gone bye bye but so what all hail GNR.

"Better is like emotional Mr. Bungle." - Bob Dylan, backstage.

just a small point.

People who don't like Bumblefoot probably are not reacting to him directly, more a lack of Slash and their idea of what GNR was. Bumblefoot cood be the best guitarist in the whole world (And Slash wasnt even that) and he'd still struggle to reallly truly ever be GNR.

Not that I give a toss but that's why I have such clarity.

I havent heard him play but he looks kind of cool. Nice belly!!! Cool sense of humour. No ones really complained about his playing. He must have done a professional job.

I wonder who out of the new band bought AFD when it came out?

It's strange to think that...oh whatever, GNR Rocks!!!!

here are my two cents on this. something i haven't heard anyone mention yet is that gnr have now had 2 of the top ten guitar players in the world, the ultimate guitar virtusos (most experts would agree on this) in the band without releasing a single record yet. this is the ultimate confirmation that the new material is outstanding, something they are willing to stick around for. not that i ever doubted axl's abilities. nevertheless, bumblefoot seems to be so well-respected in the guitar community and will undoubtedly bring so much to gnr that any gnr fan should be thrilled that he has decided to join the band. we should really appreciate this. the haters will soon see how wrong they were, and i look forward to seeing them eat their own words. people on non-gnr music message boards are now making topics saying "i never in my life thought axl could find anyone to replace both slash and buckethead. he now has" and "well, i guess guns n' roses now have the best guitar player in the world" (source for that being true: mandyGNR and skeletor's posts on HTGTH). this says ALOT. give this guy a chance, you will soon see how great he is and where he is capable of taking gnr musically. believe me. and moreover, he seems to be the friendliest and coolest guy, always taking time talking to fans and stuff like that, i'd be honoured to talk to him at a gnr show one day myself.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
"Better is like emotional Mr. Bungle." - Bob Dylan, backstage.

Are you serious?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

That you all call the new guitarist Ron Thal instead of Bumblefoot, maybe to help forget about Buckethead, or to restore GNR's credibility, but Axl has already referred to him as Bumblefoot onstage.

Many of you are in denial, you won't accept another joke guitar player. The truth of the matter is, there is a new joke guitar player, and what really matters is whether you like the joke or not.

Understand that this is not bashing, or an opinion, or any of that, it's the truth.

Please don't merge this like my last thread, I think it's a discussion of it's own.

That you all call the new guitarist Ron Thal instead of Bumblefoot, maybe to help forget about Buckethead, or to restore GNR's credibility, but Axl has already referred to him as Bumblefoot onstage.

Many of you are in denial, you won't accept another joke guitar player. The truth of the matter is, there is a new joke guitar player, and what really matters is whether you like the joke or not.

Understand that this is not bashing, or an opinion, or any of that, it's the truth.

Please don't merge this like my last thread, I think it's a discussion of it's own.

Actually.. it is an opinion.

So what makes him a joke? The fact that he has a nickname?

Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!Ron Thal!

:)

The censorship police will be visiting you shortly...good day.

He has a gimmick. He put a lot of time and effort into that gimmick, hell he even customized the look of his guitar and made it shaped like a foot and painted a bumblebee pattern on it. He's obviously put a lot of time and effort into the gimmick.

And out of respect for the man's effort into his Bumblefoot gimmick, we should call him that. To call him Ron is to disrespect his efforts as Bumblefoot. Ron is the guy that gets off the stage and has a coffee or whatever with his family after a show.

Bumblefoot is the man who will take G&R's guitar playing into the new millenium!! rock3

He has a gimmick. He put a lot of time and effort into that gimmick, hell he even customized the look of his guitar and made it shaped like a foot and painted a bumblebee pattern on it. He's obviously put a lot of time and effort into the gimmick.

And out of respect for the man's effort into his Bumblefoot gimmick, we should call him that. To call him Ron is to disrespect his efforts as Bumblefoot. Ron is the guy that gets off the stage and has a coffee or whatever with his family after a show.

Bumblefoot is the man who will take G&R's guitar playing into the new millenium!! rock3

I think he requested to be called Ron Thal when he's in GN'R when he wrote some autographs :)

I thought that Bumblefoot was the name of his band. Either way, as long as he knows what he's doing with a guitar. Buckethead was cool, but he was way too "out there" for my tastes. It's cool that they got someone who can play just as well, but still tries to act like a human.

you think? or you know?

besides, signing autographs etc, is off stage, where he is Ron...

And thats why Slash signed all his autographs "saul hudson"

I doubt his wife and kids call him slash.

I've heard him say only his mom calls him Saul...

I doubt his wife and kids call him slash.

his kids probably call him 'dad'! :P

shit if Slash was my dad i'd call him Slash and I'd be Slash Jr. That would rock

if one of those 2 kids don't become a guitarist, I'll be extremely surprised...