Discuss the new guitarist.... Ron Thal!

GET OFF AXLS BACK

Temporary job.

I was just thinking the same. Look at his "career".

Ron Thal started as a solo artist on Shrapnel/Roadrunner Records with the instrumental guitar-oriented CD "The Adventures Of Bumblefoot" in May 1995 (voted one of the Best Newcomers in Young Guitar magazine's Readers' Poll in January 1996) and the vocal "Hermit" CD in January 1997. Through his own production company, Hermit Inc., Thal (a.k.a. Bumblefoot) has released his own music, and has worked as a producer, songwriter, and hired musician. Credits include CNN, MTV, Jessica Simpson, Cher, LeAnn Rimes, and many more.

Info: HTGTH

He may be a "temp", but lets give him a chance to be otherwise. I don't care who the guitarist is, I just want to see CD released so that we can move on from this era of nothingness.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'm too happy/excited/shocked/breathless to care what a weird name he has, as long as he's really fckin good I couldnt give a rat's ass about it even if he has two fckin buckets on his head :P

Haha, that's great. :)

Guest RonMexico82

Oh Jesus I really don't want to have to explain to people that the new guitarist is called dumblefuck and he plays a Gibson Les Foot that has wings. :scared::blink:

Seriously he appears to be a great guitarist but for Guns N' Roses it would help enormously with the bad press if he just went by his own name and kept the retarded looking guitars and name for his own shit. Someone said he was playing a Gibson Les Paul last night...I hope it stays that way. Apart from the stupid looking guitars he looks like a cool bloke. Looking forward to hearing him.

Oh Jesus I really don't want to have to explain to people that the new guitarist is called dumblefuck and he plays a Gibson Les Foot that has wings. :scared::blink:

Seriously he appears to be a great guitarist but for Guns N' Roses it would help enormously with the bad press if he just went by his own name and kept the retarded looking guitars and name for his own shit. Someone said he was playing a Gibson Les Paul last night...I hope it stays that way. Apart from the stupid looking guitars he looks like a cool bloke. Looking forward to hearing him.

Just call him Ron Thal :krider:

Ron Mexico...are you trying to beat David Blaine's record?

you actually have to be UNDER the water and in a giant snow-globe..........

don't like Bumblefoot? call him Ron Thal.......and he is well known in guitar circles

like Satrianai, Vai, Petrucchi.......shake the water out of your ears!!!!

WARCHILD

out on bail

Guest RonMexico82

Ah no I didn't mean that I don't like Bumblefoot.

What I meant was I don't like the way people are calling the new guitarist Bumblefoot, call him Ron Thal.

Reason you might ask?

I am sick of defending my favourite band and having a new guitarist known as Bumblefoot is giving these dumbfucks waaaay too much ammo to bitch at Axl all over again.

Slash to Buckethead to Bumblefoot. I can see the headlines already. :P

WARCHILD

out on bail

Damn, that must have been expensive!

National debt just took a big hit :rofl-lol:

OK, this is definantly a HINT for WC to go and catnap........

jeesh! hasn't anybody ELSE been arrested before?? ...(a few times?)

GOODNIGHT FORUM!

love you guys, some more than others!!!!

LR, ARQ, GOAB...KUDOS!!!! made me smile ;)

I wonder what nickname he'll pick up from the GnR fans. Buckethead became Fuckethead, which was nothing short of delightful. Maybe Bumblefoot can be Bunglefoot? Or Bumblefuck, perhaps? It's all good.

Seriously though, he can play, and is a great replacement for Buckethead. But he's just not going to have much to do during concerts if Axl only plays a 2-3 songs that actually have Buckethead guitar parts in them.

This guy freaking sucks. Nice solo Bumblefoot. NOT. I went a took a dump during his solo and it was the best decision I've ever made.

This guy is so not balls to the wall Rock n' Roll. Why does Axl feel the need to hire these schticky guitar players??

This asshole is our "suprise"

WHER IS IZZY?

The show was f-ing awesome

You guys are all smoking crap! I went with 7 die-hard guns fans and they all came out saying how lame he was. The guy looked like a dipshit up there. And all of this sharing solos is retarded. This guy is a joke and nowhere near as good as Bucket or Slash

You guys are all smoking crap! I went with 7 die-hard guns fans and they all came out saying how lame he was. The guy looked like a dipshit up there. And all of this sharing solos is retarded. This guy is a joke and nowhere near as good as Bucket or Slash

i'll give you that he looks like a dipstick(any guy that runs around with a bumblebee foot deserves that)

but he's not BAD at playing

I admit he isn't the shredder that Buckethead was, and was a little "slow" coming out of the gates - but I still prefer him over Buckethead.

As somebody mentioned, he's only been with the band for about two weeks, so he's probably a little shell-shocked right now - which would explain the "deer caught in the headlights" kind of image he had last night. I think that over time he'll settle in, get more comfortable with the band, and hopefully choose better guitar solos that will allow his talent his shine.

*Ron - don't be afraid to move around the stage and interact with the other band members. You're part of the band now!*

I admit he isn't the shredder that Buckethead was, and was a little "slow" coming out of the gates - but I still prefer him over Buckethead.

As somebody mentioned, he's only been with the band for about two weeks, so he's probably a little shell-shocked right now - which would explain the "deer caught in the headlights" kind of image he had last night. I think that over time he'll settle in, get more comfortable with the band, and hopefully choose better guitar solos that will allow his talent his shine.

*Ron - don't be afraid to move around the stage and interact with the other band members. You're part of the band now!*

He might be thinking he's still dreaming, i mean how hard it must be to get it to sink in that your in GnR :rofl-lol: