Discuss the new guitarist.... Ron Thal!

GET OFF AXLS BACK

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it only me that loves these unusual dudes like Buckethead and Bumblefoot? I mean you don't want an all same style band anymore these days. Everybody is like a circus these days so what 's so bad about having a variation of the image of band members. I quite like Bumblefoot and can't wait to hear the 5.12. show when it comes online. What is so gay about his foot guitars...the guy has talent and makes all these fancy guitars that are quite beautiful masterpieces and then some people just rag on them??? I like this freak band image whether anyone else likes it...rockin' lead singer, lead guitarist with a foot shaped guitar, emo looking rhythm guitarist, gothic lead guitarist, punk bassist, skater looking drummer...now who wouldn't want to see such an awesome combination? If the band name was up to me I would call them The Eight :P

Is it only me that loves these unusual dudes like Buckethead and Bumblefoot? I mean you don't want an all same style band anymore these days. Everybody is like a circus these days so what 's so bad about having a variation of the image of band members. I quite like Bumblefoot and can't wait to hear the 5.12. show when it comes online. What is so gay about his foot guitars...the guy has talent and makes all these fancy guitars that are quite beautiful masterpieces and then some people just rag on them??? I like this freak band image whether anyone else likes it...rockin' lead singer, lead guitarist with a foot shaped guitar, emo looking rhythm guitarist, gothic lead guitarist, punk bassist, skater looking drummer...now who wouldn't want to see such an awesome combination? If the band name was up to me I would call them The Eight :P

emo looking rhythm guitarist, gothic lead guitarist

^^ which one is Fortus, which one is Finck :monkey: Fortus isn't Gothic or Emo

I like Bucket and Bumble!

Just can't work out why Axl hires such insanely talented guitarists, only to have them do pretty much stuff all on stage. Bucket looked bored half the time in '02 playing second fiddle to Finck, and it sounds like the same happened again today with Thal.

I like Bucket and Bumble!

Just can't work out why Axl hires such insanely talented guitarists, only to have them do pretty much stuff all on stage. Bucket looked bored half the time in '02 playing second fiddle to Finck, and it sounds like the same happened again today with Thal.

Is it possible to tell if Bucket is bored?

pittman does synths?,

is he stil a part of the band then?

cause teddy the organ player wasnt considered a part of the band in UYi!!

He's a touring member, like Teddy was.

And it's great, because a few weeks ago, I said Bumblefoot would be the next guitarist, and I was right - and no one believed me! :rofl-lol:

Ok, I've never heard of the guy before but at the moment I'm too happy/excited/shocked/breathless to care what a weird name he has, as long as he's really fckin good I couldnt give a rat's ass about it even if he has two fckin buckets on his head :P

Temporary job.

I was just thinking the same. Look at his "career".

Ron Thal started as a solo artist on Shrapnel/Roadrunner Records with the instrumental guitar-oriented CD "The Adventures Of Bumblefoot" in May 1995 (voted one of the Best Newcomers in Young Guitar magazine's Readers' Poll in January 1996) and the vocal "Hermit" CD in January 1997. Through his own production company, Hermit Inc., Thal (a.k.a. Bumblefoot) has released his own music, and has worked as a producer, songwriter, and hired musician. Credits include CNN, MTV, Jessica Simpson, Cher, LeAnn Rimes, and many more.

Info: HTGTH