IZZY STRADLIN Takes Stage With GUNS N' ROSES In New York City

speedking

From: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=52419

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin took the stage tonight (May 17) with GNR for the song "Think about You" at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City.

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose made various references to Stradlin during their May 15 show at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

Tonight's concert is the last of four New York City shows to be performed by the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES. These are the only U.S. appearances scheduled so far for the group, which counts singer W. Axl Rose as its sole original member. BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE was the opening act for all NYC dates.

GUNS N' ROSES 2006 touring lineup:

Axl Rose - Vocals

Robin Finck - Guitar

Ron Thal - Guitar

Richard Fortus - Guitar

Tommy Stinson - Bass

Dizzy Reed - Keyboards

Chris Pittman - Keyboards

Brian "Brain" Mantia - Drums

(Thanks: TalkingMetal.com)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about a reunion?????? :rolleyes: But of course,Axl has the right to change his mind.If he wants to change it,then what are you going to do?That's my question for those going gaga over the new album and current line-up.......what would you do if he DID ask the guys to come back and they accepted,although it probably will never happen...............but what if he did and it did happen?Are you guys still gonna lick his ass?or are you gonna drop him like a hot potatoe?????

Edited by SweetRose

When Izzy took the stage with VR nobody went off stage but VR have 2 guitars... yes me too I'm wondering how did they do with 4 on stage????

Of course when Izzy took the stage everybody only cares about him...

(and SLASH...u know he hypnotizes me...)

Who said anything about a reunion?????? :rolleyes: But of course,Axl has the right to change his mind.If he wants to change it,then what are you going to do?That's my question for those going gaga over the new album and current line-up.......what would you do if he DID ask the guys to come back and they accepted,although it probably will never happen...............but what if he did and it did happen?Are you guys still gonna lick his ass?or are you gonna drop him like a hot potatoe?????

What do you mean by this?? Lick who's ass???

I see this as the first step to any sort of reunion...whenever that may come to fruition. In fact, this was a reunion of sorts, however short and slight it may have been. Axl and Izzy performing together again on the same stage...first time in 15 years...amazing!!!

What really sucks though, is that I would've gone to this show if I could have got the day off work. But I couldn't, and then when the 12th and 14th shows were announced, I got the 14th as it was on a weekend. I knew the last show was gonna be the best, if only because the band had some time to work out any bugs. Oh well, the 14th was still an amazing show. To see this though, would have been that much better.

Edited by KBear

As long as i know

1. Welcome to the Jungle

2. It's So Easy

3. Mr. Brownstone

4. Rocket Queen (não confirmada)

5. SCOM

6. Better

7. Knocking on heavens door

8. The Blues

This is the set list so no Ithink about you= no Izzy on stage...

Should have played Dust N' Bones.

Im so pissed.

Think About You? What a retarded choice. The only filler song on AFD.

Think about you is no filler. It's one of the better songs on AFD

Dust N Bones on the other hand is clearly a filler

Should have played Dust N' Bones.

Im so pissed.

Think About You? What a retarded choice. The only filler song on AFD.

Think about you is no filler. It's one of the better songs on AFD

Dust N Bones on the other hand is clearly a filler

They both rock. DN'B IMO though, is the better song. None of Izzy's songs were filler. Double Talkin' Jive, Pretty Tied Up, DN'B, 14 Years, You Ain't The First...all quality songs. Of course, this is all subjective, not everyone will like these tunes.

I'm not sure I'd call too many songs on any Guns album (even UYI) as filler. It seems that different fans have different favourites. I can't really stand songs like Locomotive, RNDTH, and Garden of Eden; but others love these songs. I can recognize that they are good efforts, I just am not into the way those songs sound and flow. I don't think the band said, "let's just throw some garbage on their to fill up each disc." They were going for something with these songs. They weren't intended to be merely filler songs.

Wow....I wish I could have been there....first time those two have been together in over 15 years.... :(

Bet the whole crowd was going apeshit chanting "IZZY!" like they did at the VR gigs he showed up at....

It's great and sad at the same time to see Izzy onstage with Axl.

What do you mean by this?? Lick who's ass???

I'm talking about the ones on here that seem to lick Axl's ass no matter who(non-orginal guys) he has in the band or what he does with the band,and diss the originals or anyone who likes or stands up for the orginal guys on here..Are they gonna do the same(continue to lick his ass),if and when Axl were to decide to ask the originals back?And I am by no means saying that it would happen.Just an honest question.Would they still be licking his ass,if the originals were to ever get back together?And I am not posting this to start a war or be bashed about.People can post an answer without having to get all damn nasty about it.

Edited by SweetRose

Are you people insane? Has it really been confirmed that Izzy was in fact on stage? ....good lord

Hold on, let me call Axl.

But seriously, what's the big deal? Yes, we are assuming this report is accurate. There's no reason not to, considering the chance of Izzy being there came straight from the horse's mouth mere days before the first show.

Are you people insane? Has it really been confirmed that Izzy was in fact on stage? ....good lord

Hold on, let me call Axl.

But seriously, what's the big deal? Yes, we are assuming this report is accurate. There's no reason not to, considering the chance of Izzy being there came straight from the horse's mouth mere days before the first show.

Yeah ASSuming indeed...and never did the horses mouth say it would be in a playing capacity. Only that he MIGHT be at the show...nevertheless, i'll wait for confirmation before jumping into fantasy land