THE GUNS N' ROSES RIR 2006 // ONLINE THREAD

ukrockgirl

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The technical problems during KOHD and Better really annoyed me. Brownstone was also terrible that way.

The duet was fucking amazing. November Rain was absolutely priceless and flawless. Nightrain: all I can say is, this is evidence the rasp is back.

Axl sounded brilliant. The end scream in IRS was un-fucking-believable.

Dizzy, oh man, Dizzy. I fucking love this guy. He was flawless, had me in tears during his solo. It was so fucking amazing, it was like watching God play the piano. My ambition is for me to be able to play like him one day.

Ron just ripped everything a new asshole, it was brilliant.

GREAT SHOW!

Wow. Thank you Axl and the rest of Guns N' Roses for proving my support for you has not been wasted time. Great fucking show!

High points:

1. Axl fucking Rose. Awesome performance. Yes, he's still got it.

2. Ron Thal. That's all that needs to be said.

3. The "beautiful" duet was absolutely amazing.

4. Dizzy Reed's piano playing was flawless.

5. Band chemistry was even better than I expected.

6. Brain's drum solo didn't last too long so the crowd didn't fall asleep.

Low points:

1. Some sound problems early in the show.

That's it. Mind you, this is just my opinion, but it was damn good. Moreover, gotta love Axl poking fun at himself when the fans believed the band wouldn't show. Axl showed them, and smiled about it. Again, amazing show.

Hes put together an INCREDIBLE band, the sound was better at the end which has been pointed out by all, it was obvious. Saw them in NYC on the 14 and thought tonights show was better despite me not being there. Someone posted that Axl had nothing to say, who cares??? what do you want him to say??? how bout listening to his music...I love this site and this forum, but to me it seems that some have become more obsessed with "What is Axl doing?", "What is Axl saying?" and "Where is Axl now?"... Are we Music fans? or are we paparazzi addicts... The show was great, enjoy it on DVD! heard!!!!

..oh my god...

..can't believe what i have heard so far..uncle axl is better than before...best GNR ever..

..forget all the fuckheads from the "old" line up...

..it's fuckin' amazin...

..the world thanks w. axl rose for bringin' music back to earth....

Edited by sixtus

Watching the playback now..... and just a couple of notes:

1. I've seen Axl smile and laugh more in the past 90 minutes than I did in the 6 years between '88-'93!

2. Bumblefoot is a PHENOMENAL addition! Seems to be a real good guy too!

3. The whole band in general is gelling and Axl has selected a tremendous line-up! Robin and Richard are great players, Brain is fantastic.... just couldn't be happier with this band!!!

4. Robin and Richard's "Beautiful" rendition was pretty soulful and I enjoyed it!

Is anyone else disapointed and a little upset that we only got to hear 16 songs. That's like the shortest tracklist ever since 2001! I remember in Rock in Rio III the played not the usual 18 songs the played all the time in 2002 and 2006 in N.Y. and Madrid, but I think 20 or even 21 songs.

Oh, and no new songs either. <_<

So we got 16 songs and 7(!!!) solos!!??? Fuck that! I want more songs and less of that solo crap. 2 Solos are fine, no need for more. They're mostly boring and take the energy out of the concert.

I also don't understand people saying "Slash who?" after a guy who is in this band for just a couple of weeks nails a good solo. Don't get me wrong, he did a very good job, but what song did he play there? A solo he wrote himself? Don't think so!!

So is it just about gettin random and interchangeable people in there who can play songs (classic worldhits) they didn't write and that's good enough to say "Slash who?".

The new guys do a decent job, but they have yet to proof to be able to write songs/solos that will become classics like Sweet child of mine, WTTJ, NR themselves cause that's what it's all about. We don't just need guys who are skilled players, we need good songwriters too.

I do like the new songs (well, most of them) but if you're honest none of them has the potential to become a classic hit.

I still hope though that Axl has the Big Guns left for a single and the album. But those guitar dudes have to be better than just do some shredding to keep up with AFD and UYI (doesn't need to be the same style, but the same level would be nice).

Ups, I'm gettin off track here. I also think by looking at this gig that Axl still hasn't found the right "feeling" when moving around on stage. It doesn't look as natural and comfortable as it used to. Is it his age?

You can't have a setlist with, lets say 19 songs, of which 9 of them are solos! And what about T.W.A.T. and Madagascar or CD?

Not cool...

they were ment to be played but promoters said the show needed to be over,so they switched to paradise city

or atleast madagascar was supposed to be played