Sweet Child O' mine solo

fishyguy

Finck can bring the goods. He sounded off at certain moments, but good, nonetheless.

You know, it's amazing. A few weeks ago after the NYC gigs, Finck ran away with about 50% of the votes in the favourite new member poll and now people are talking shit about him again. Even the most cynical critics were moved by Finck's performance in those shows and that proves something.

Also, keep in mind that this is the dude who made "Better" possible. I think he is awesome. His style, his emotion, his presence, and his uniqueness. Finck is vital to this band and those of you who pass judgment on him clearly fail to grasp his true importance. He's not Slash, he's not a Buckethead virtuoso, he's Robin fucking Finck, I love the guy, and he's here to stay.

Ron Fucking Thal...did you hear his rendition of don't cry? That 20 second guitar solo of his was more moving than anything finck did tonight. Im saying that with utmost sincerity. Thal was off the hook....him and fortus stole the show imho. Those two made me forget Finck.

Yea, Thal really was on fire. He did better than Robin overall, but I think the 'Beautiful' solo was the most moving part of the show. Fortus and Finck = crazy emotional shit. In NYC, however, it appears that Finck clearly stole the show from everyone else, so I guess these guys will have their own awesome days in the spotlight.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SLASHITES WHEN FINCK STARTS PLAYING SCOM AND NOVEMBER RAIN

392d1291.gif

thats any1, cuz that shit sucked tonight

no, no one else is feeling a connection to this little clip, it's just you

and maybe roadhouse blues, but he's my friend so i stop him occasionally

Shut up about Finck! He's in the band because he obviously brings some talents. So what if he doesn't play the NR solo perfectly. Suck it up. He played flawlessly in NYC.

aww, i know its hard having ur husband so far away mrs. finck, but dont worry, you can suck my dick instead

Hey man,

It's not our fault that your mom caught you jerking off on your Slash McFarlane action figure.

Ron Thal played on a GNR tribute album with the band, 'Most Precious Blood'. They do SCOM and Ron absolutely rips it up on the solo. It follows the same path as Slash's except its shred.

Shut up about Finck! He's in the band because he obviously brings some talents. So what if he doesn't play the NR solo perfectly. Suck it up. He played flawlessly in NYC.

aww, i know its hard having ur husband so far away mrs. finck, but dont worry, you can suck my dick instead

Hey man,

It's not our fault that your mom caught you jerking off on your Slash McFarlane action figure.

i wouldnt've got caught if you didnt put a webcam in my room

I thought the same thing. Robin does a good job on the solo but I noticed he improvs as I honestly think the solo gets a little too fast for him. After seeing fortus' solo tonight he could definatly pull it off as well.

That solo is one of Slash's most famous solos and Robin dosent even try to play it.

Robin just dosent have the chops to pull it off so why not give it to Ron Thal? He seems to be doing all the tough solos except this one.

I really wanna hear that played accurately live.

Robin plays that solo perfect. You couldn't even hear it in the mix unfortunately during the rio show.

Possibly...SCOM's mix was an abomination with axl's mike cutting in and out.....

I'd love to hear Ron's take on it though....particularly the outro....

I seen Finck live in NYC and he did seem great, yet he still had some of the shit from 2002 I didn't like about him. Tonight there was alot of muting. His solos did nothing for me. The one had way too much distortion on it to really even seem like a solo. Fortus seems to have surpassed him greatly after seeing his solos. You can tell he has been working like a motherfucker in '02 to really push his limits where finck still seems his and miss. Also that half run half strut seems weird. My friend also asked why Jesus plays guitar now <_< .

My friend also asked why Jesus plays guitar now <_< .

If that is a shot at Finck's style then you can tell your friend that there are dozens of guitarists, particularly in metal, who sport the exact same look. Ain't nothing wrong with the Jesus look, brotha.

OK, I've come to the conclusion that some of the people on this forum are either bi-polar or passive-aggressive -- or - duh - they don't know what they want and will always strive to find something - or somebody - to whine about. Tonight I guess Robin is the target. :rolleyes:

As Bluesy mentioned, a week ago, everybody was praising Robin -- and many who attended the Hammerstein shows agreed that Robin stole the show -- sometimes even upstaging Axl. He was awesome. His talent and stage presence really shined!

That hasn't changed folks.

It's unfortunate that the TV cameras didn't capture much of his performance tonight because if they had, I think people would view his overall performance differently. Yes, he puts his own "spin" on the guitar solos - so yes, they often sound different from the way Slash played them. But if he didn't do this, people would be whining and bitching that he was copying Slash and claiming that he can't think for himself.

Robin is clearly - and unquestionably - talented. He's proven he can play the f*ck out of the old songs and can write awesome new ones, such as "Better." So, please - everybody stop whining.

I think Fortus is fucking great. Awesome plain and simple. I thought Ron Thal did a great job too-when I could hear him.

I wish Ron and Richard would do all of Slash's leads. Robin just butchers them. However, I think he does a great job on his own solos ie Better and The Blues. Although they can be choppy at times. He probably contributed a lot to Chinese Democracy as well.

That solo is one of Slash's most famous solos and Robin dosent even try to play it.

Robin just dosent have the chops to pull it off so why not give it to Ron Thal? He seems to be doing all the tough solos except this one.

I really wanna hear that played accurately live.

Or Richard Fortus at least.........