GNR mention in the Onion!

kiwisniffer

The popular humor mag actually has a new infographic on how Chinese Democracy should "almost ready for release" and has a list of reasons for the holdup. It's pretty funny, whether you like the new band or not (which I do). According to the Onion, Axl's the reasons for the album's holdup were:

-Searching for the perfect comeback bandana

-Has been holding last note of "Don't Cry" for the past ten years

-Wanted to tie in album release with new era of government in China, but like so many artists, was optimistic and politically naive

-Incident involving spaghetti that he'd rather not discuss

-Metal gods demanded sacrifice of 100 pints of blood;had to wait eight weeks between each donation

-guitar hook stuck in Axl's head for the past five years turned out to be "under the boardwalk"

-bandmates have been starring in broadway production of "Jersey Bpys"

-Waited for birth of new generation of fans less discerning and much more susceptible to hype

-Wanted to tie in album release with new era of government in China, but like so many artists, was optimistic and politically naive

-Metal gods demanded sacrifice of 100 pints of blood;had to wait eight weeks between each donation

:lol: Now the China thing is propably true but when he realized that The Peoples Republic Of China isn't going to turn into a democracy he just thought what the hell who cares.. :P

The popular humor mag actually has a new infographic on how Chinese Democracy should "almost ready for release" and has a list of reasons for the holdup. It's pretty funny, whether you like the new band or not (which I do). According to the Onion, Axl's the reasons for the album's holdup were:

-Searching for the perfect comeback bandana

-Has been holding last note of "Don't Cry" for the past ten years

-Incident involving spaghetti that he'd rather not discuss

-guitar hook stuck in Axl's head for the past five years turned out to be "under the boardwalk"

-bandmates have been starring in broadway production of "Jersey Bpys"

-Waited for birth of new generation of fans less discerning and much more susceptible to hype

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::heart::laugh:

The article is in fact quite humoristic. I'm sure Axl has a sence of humor..

kiwisniffer, I was not able to locate the article on the "The Onion" website. Could you (or someone else) post a direct link to the article?

Thanks!

Eric Romano

The article is in fact quite humoristic. I'm sure Axl has a sence of humor..

kiwisniffer, I was not able to locate the article on the "The Onion" website. Could you (or someone else) post a direct link to the article?

Thanks!

Eric Romano

I'm scanning in the article right now. Give me 5 minutes.