Slash clears up the rumors

mayormccheesy

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1534896/2...?headlines=true

If Slash were ever to look at his Caller ID and see Axl Rose's name, what would he do?

"Oh, I'd answer it," the former Guns N' Roses guitarist said recently. "But I know he would never call me. I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."

In other words, rumors from last month that Saul "Slash" Hudson would perform with Rose and his new GN'R in New York were just that (see "Guns N' Roses Live: No Reunion Of Classic Lineup, But Great Anyway"). In March, just two months before those gigs, Rose filed suit against his former bandmate to confirm his "ownership of his own creative works" in response to an action Slash and former GN'R bassist Duff McKagan had filed over royalties (see "Axl Files Suit Against Slash, Lashes Out At Ex-Bandmates").

"I don't know where [the rumors come] from, but I haven't dealt with Guns N' Roses any more than I have in the last 10 years," which is not much at all, Slash said. "So it's not really a thing with me. I have, in the foreseeable future, no re-involvement with that band whatsoever."

Instead, Slash is fully focused on his multiplatinum new band, Velvet Revolver, and their forthcoming second album, the follow-up to 2004's Contraband.

"We're in preproduction and it sounds amazing," Slash said. "I'm just really excited 'cause hopefully we'll get this thing out before the year's over. The material is amazing and ... we've grown so much as a band."

While frontman Scott Weiland has called the material a concept album and bassist McKagan said the band will record with a variety of producers (see "Velvet Revolver Bassist Promises 'Stinky' Pharrell Collabo"), all Slash would reveal is that the LP is coming together naturally, and "it's not phony in any way, shape or form, and the band's whole-heartedly into it."

Well, that and the album title.

"I don't want to say [anything specific about] the songs, but the name for the album is Libertad, which is Spanish for 'liberty,' " Slash said. "It's something that we feel strongly about: liberty, freedom, you know ..."

Slash did take a break from writing Velvet Revolver material to pen a song and score some music for the just-released movie "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift."

"It's one of those things where you don't really know what you're doing, but they feed you what you need to see, certain scenes," Slash said. "It's easy to [write rock material] when you're watching cars going on their sides at breakneck speeds."

In the end, Slash reported that he enjoyed watching the film's action scenes, but not quite as much as he enjoyed the footage he saw on TV of Rose getting into a fight with Tommy Hilfiger.

"I thought that was pretty funny," Slash said. "That sounds about right."

— Corey Moss, with additional reporting by Larry Carroll

So he has had and does not plan on having any involvement in GnR!

Thats the best news i've seen today, Good boy Slish, stay the fuck away from this band and a decent frontman.I applaud you :)

Lost my sig, my frontman status < hacking fucking sucks balls < Fucking bastards

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

why does everyone hate slash now.

I don't hate him i just think things are better as they are, he's doing his thing and GnR are doing theirs.

Slash has his place in GnR history but for me it's best left as history ;)

yeah thats fair enough but some people here seem to hate him and his solo stuff.

I don't hate him i just think things are better as they are, he's doing his thing and GnR are doing theirs.

Slash has his place in GnR history but for me it's best left as history ;)

yeah thats fair enough but some people here seem to hate him and his solo stuff.

I have to say i don't like his work or VR since he left GnR but that does not have an effect on the fact he was and still is in my top three greatest guitarists of all time.

No point in hating the man, he contributed to what GnR was and the desearves credit, My opinions do change depending on his latest comments but even if im pissed at him or his media courting it don't last long < play SCOM and its hard to hold bad feelings :rofl-lol:

GnR is what it is but we cannot and must not forget what it was that made them what they are now rock3

Slash will ALWAYS BE A PART OF GNR .... He's in Axls ass nevertheless...... :confused:

But seriously, it's almost a "rule" here, that majority of Axlites hate Slash more then their biggest enemy in real life..... Sad to see, sad to read, but true.....

I love old GNR

I love most of Slash's solo stuff

I like VR quite a lot

and I love new GNR era too

Am not Axlite

Am not Slash ass-licker

I just enjoy in music :xmasssanta:

' date='Jun 27 2006, 12:14 PM' post='1327239']

Slash will ALWAYS BE A PART OF GNR .... He's in Axls ass nevertheless...... :confused:

But seriously, it's almost a "rule" here, that majority of Axlites hate Slash more then their biggest enemy in real life..... Sad to see, sad to read, but true.....

I love old GNR

I like VR quite a lot

Am not Axlite

Am not Slash ass-licker

Im an " Axlite " but unlike some i can see his flaws which are many, i also see Slashs.

I was allways more into Axl but Axl would not have been the man or singer he is without Slash and visa versa.They have both commented on how much they appreciate the other as artists and that cannot fail to have an impact on you as a person and performer.

Slash rocks.

Axl rocks.

Old GnR rocked.

New GnR rocks.

GnR fans are lucky that they have and will be given the quality they get, better that than some of the putrid shit some bands have and will vomit out rock3

you know its sad but true

I love old GNR

I like VR quite a lot

Am not Axlite

Am not Slash ass-licker

Im an " Axlite " but unlike some i can see his flaws which are many, i also see Slashs.

I was allways more into Axl but Axl would not have been the man or singer he is without Slash and visa versa.They have both commented on how much they appreciate the other as artists and that cannot fail to have an impact on you as a person and performer.

Slash rocks.

Axl rocks.

Old GnR rocked.

New GnR rocks.

GnR fans are lucky that they have and will be given the quality they get, better that than some of the putrid shit some bands have and will vomit out rock3

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY. This post by the legend that is GOAB should be cemented permantly on the front of MYGNR.

Cause Axl says he's lying about some things... the funny part is, Axl is kinda like the guy people work with that gets in arguments with everyone and it's everyone else's fault. you see certain patterns and things and you can pretty much make an educated guess in the matter. Slash isnt totally innocent by any means, but all anyone wants deep down inside, whether they admit it or not, is for them to play together again. What the hell would Led Zeppelin be with only Robert Plant? I think we've seen the answer to that. Some good stuff, but not to Zeppelin's level.

Perhaps Duff says it best: "Fans will be the true test. I didn’t go see Aerosmith on tour with Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay [for the album « Rock In A Hard Place »]. It wasn’t Aerosmith to me."

So he has had and does not plan on having any involvement in GnR!

Thats the best news i've seen today, Good boy Slish, stay the fuck away from this band and a decent frontman.I applaud you :)

Lost my sig, my frontman status < hacking fucking sucks balls < Fucking bastards

LOL!! :laugh:

I don't hate Slash! I hate Slash-fans that who only know how to defend Slash by ripping Axl.

How many times have you seen something negative about Slash and their only response is:

"Well, Axl did this ___"