Coheed and Cambria

Graeme

I've noticed a slight trend on this board to group Coheed and Cambria in with the so called "Emo" bands of the moment.... People, that is so fucking stupid that it makes Kaneda's posts seem sensible. Give them a chance for god's sake and then maybe you'll realise that they're about as emo as AC/DC. They don't sing any songs which are about personal troubles, or "dark" or "misunderstood". Their songs tell an epic story which just gets more and more complex but definitely not emo.

Listen to the songs off of In Keeping secrets of silent earth:3 and you'll find them more akin to catchy pop songs than anything else, except with some clever guitar riffery and more complicated words. The songs off of Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol I, are more atmospheric and heavy and some of the riffery and guitar work are simply stunning. Especially the Willing Well Quadrilogy (Parts II and III) rock1 .

For those of you with issues as to the "Image" of the band (If you're sad enough to let that bother you). it's not exactly "Emo" is it? considering that the traditional emo wears make up and has a fringe so long it looks like a reversed mullet.

As for those of you who would slag them because of Claudio's Voice, claiming he sounds like a little girl or something, that's called Range something most male singers would kill to have. If you listen to Willing Well II then you'll see that he can go pretty low as well, to a "Hetfield-esque" Growl.

So People, Please end the uneducated and useless Coheed bashing, if you really must criticise them then di it sensibly, and hopefully a few of you will come round to seeing them in a new light.

One thing to take note of.... Do they look emo? NO! Do they scream when they sing? NO! Do they sing self pitying songs about slitting their wrists and how "nobody gets them"? FUCK NO!

So back off and leave Coheed alone, they're the closest thing to Rock N Roll out there at the moment!

I have a feeling there's a whopper of a flaming coming my way but at least i know i'm right

Bring it on! :fuckyou: Or Rock On! rock3

Graeme

It's not exclusive to this board, it has always confused me to why they get lumped into the emo label really. The only thing I can think of is the guy's high pitched voice. I'd classify them as hard rock if I had to classify them as anything.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
It's not exclusive to this board, it has always confused me to why they get lumped into the emo label really. The only thing I can think of is the guy's high pitched voice. I'd classify them as hard rock if I had to classify them as anything.

They often tour with "Emo" bands, although they recently co-headlined with Avenged Sevenfold.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

They often tour with "Emo" bands, although they recently co-headlined with Avenged Sevenfold.

Labelled by association? Heh, I can see why that'd be a factor.

I've noticed a slight trend on this board to group Coheed and Cambria in with the so called "Emo" bands of the moment.... People, that is so fucking stupid that it makes Kaneda's posts seem sensible. Give them a chance for god's sake and then maybe you'll realise that they're about as emo as AC/DC. They don't sing any songs which are about personal troubles, or "dark" or "misunderstood". Their songs tell an epic story which just gets more and more complex but definitely not emo.

Listen to the songs off of In Keeping secrets of silent earth:3 and you'll find them more akin to catchy pop songs than anything else, except with some clever guitar riffery and more complicated words. The songs off of Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol I, are more atmospheric and heavy and some of the riffery and guitar work are simply stunning. Especially the Willing Well Quadrilogy (Parts II and III) rock1 .

For those of you with issues as to the "Image" of the band (If you're sad enough to let that bother you). it's not exactly "Emo" is it? considering that the traditional emo wears make up and has a fringe so long it looks like a reversed mullet.

As for those of you who would slag them because of Claudio's Voice, claiming he sounds like a little girl or something, that's called Range something most male singers would kill to have. If you listen to Willing Well II then you'll see that he can go pretty low as well, to a "Hetfield-esque" Growl.

So People, Please end the uneducated and useless Coheed bashing, if you really must criticise them then di it sensibly, and hopefully a few of you will come round to seeing them in a new light.

One thing to take note of.... Do they look emo? NO! Do they scream when they sing? NO! Do they sing self pitying songs about slitting their wrists and how "nobody gets them"? FUCK NO!

So back off and leave Coheed alone, they're the closest thing to Rock N Roll out there at the moment!

I have a feeling there's a whopper of a flaming coming my way but at least i know i'm right

Graeme

They mite not be emo but they still look and sound gay

they are definatley not EMO. I would categorize them as INDIE rock, and if you can get over claudio's high pitch voice there is some great music behind it.

There is no such thing as a category called Indie rock.

All Indie rock is is a rock band that is unsigned or signed to a small label. It's not a type of music. If Led Zeppelin never got signed or were on some small little deal, they would be Indie rock. For a long time, Pink Floyd was indie. Guns n' Roses on Uzi Suicide was indie.

they are definatley not EMO. I would categorize them as INDIE rock, and if you can get over claudio's high pitch voice there is some great music behind it.

There is no such thing as a category called Indie rock.

All Indie rock is is a rock band that is unsigned or signed to a small label. It's not a type of music. If Led Zeppelin never got signed or were on some small little deal, they would be Indie rock. For a long time, Pink Floyd was indie. Guns n' Roses on Uzi Suicide was indie.

Fuckin Indie Rock is a genre, ask anyone near fucking philly or jersey. Its derived from being independent of a label, but it has evolved into a sound. a sound different than emo or prog rock. hence coheed fits that category

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Graeme

They mite not be emo but they still look and sound gay

You are a fool, go tease Vince Neil's hair.